Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2018, 15:57   #166
BHPian

Re: The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
After all that shouting out from the rooftops & 4 lakh votes, they're naming the Santro....the Santro!

All of these are good PR moves. Internally, the companies already finalise the name. This is just for 'engagement'.
Well this was a insider news but you spilled the beans, this campaign was just made to create hype before the launch of next gen santro, it was always going to be called the santro. All these practices are done to market the product. But this was an excellent method to build hype, kudos to Hyundai.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 16:46   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After all that shouting out from the rooftops & 4 lakh votes, they're naming the Santro....the Santro!
My wife had asked this when she had gone for the preview and the dude said it "will be" (he was just 90% sure) called the Santro but there might be a suffix or prefix added to it (wasn't really sure on this though).
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 13:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

Good that they are going to retain the name Santro. People will connect to it easily. Having said that, I am not impressed by the exteriors of the car, the Tiago looks much better. But where the Hyundai always trumps is the interiors, which I am eager to see.

My brother owns a Santro which is about 8 years old now, and she is so easy to maintain and there is not a single rattle except for the parcel tray which has collapsed due to weights of the speakers and occasional loading. He recently did engine de-carbonisation and other major service and the engine sounds like new again.

Hope the new crop stays true to the legacy.
NiInJa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 15:03   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is like dictators in some of the countries conducting an election to elect themselves
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 05:34   #170
BHPian

Hyundai is playing all the right cards in terms of marketing the upcoming Santro. Now, we don't know if the new vehicle will live upto customer expectations but the Hyundai's "Brilliant Moments" video clips are touching ones heart. I'm sure all of us who drives a Hyundai or has owned one will definitely go into Nostalgia and remember our cars.

The clips brought tears in my eyes. I am in the market looking for a new car and was absolutely in no mood to buy a Hyundai but after seeing these clips it just reminded me of how my driving days began with a Hyundai. The auto enthusiasm in me came because of Hyundai, my first car gifted to me from my family was a Hyundai and well we still have a Grand in our garage and has never disappointed us.

The heart definitely wants another Hyundai now. The manufacturer may not make driver centric cars but they definitely live upto their logo's meaning which is immense trust and satisfaction that they've built in the consumers like us.

Today, I would actually want to thank Hyundai Motors for producing the 'i' twins along with the Xing and Zip Plus. They will always be a part of me irrespective of no matter what I drive in the future and I know for a fact too that a Hyundai is always going to be a part of our garage cause no manufacturer understood our requirements better than this one.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st September 2018 at 07:18. Reason: Removed unnecesssary spacing. Please upload the files through TBHP servers instead of hotlinking them from other websites.
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:20   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's new hatch will come in MT and AMT variants.

Both are rumored to give a fuel efficiency of 20.1 km/l.

Link
Old 28th September 2018, 12:30   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link
That is substantially less than the cars with even bigger heart (Swift=22, Baleno=21)
Old 28th September 2018, 12:39   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link
Hyundai's, unlike Maruti, have never been mileage champs! Even with the Grand i10 auto you'd be lucky to get 10kmpl in city traffic. It would be good for Hyundai not to blow the expectations sky high and then a deliver a damp squib looking like the previous gen i10.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 28th September 2018 at 12:41.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 14:55   #174
Senior - BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2018-hyundai-...ons-specs/amp/

Dimensions of the new Santro are out
Old 4th October 2018, 17:38   #175
Team-BHP Support

Passed by Hyundai's plant a while back and spotted the next gen. Santro with alloys! Sounds too good to be true isn't it?

No pics unfortunately. The place is crawling with camo'd Santros all over.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 13:10   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Received these New Santro pictures from somebody who wishes to stay anonymous. Thanks for sharing

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-1.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-2.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-3.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-4.jpg

Some info he had on the car:

• It will be named- Santro.
• Santro will come with a 1.1 litre Petrol, making 68 hp, 104nm torque.
• ARAI fuel consumption figure is- 20.3kpl.
• Santro will have a touch infotainment system which will support Android Auto and Apple Car Play. There will be steering controls for the audio system.
• Rear Camera will be offered.
• Rear AC vents, first in the segment will be offered.
• Pricing will start at 3.69 lakhs for the base variant and will go upto 5.40 for the top end variant.
• An AMT type Autoamtic transmission will be offered, Hyundai’s first.
• Green will be the launch color.
• 24th October is the launch date.

Last edited by SDP : 7th October 2018 at 09:47. Reason: Added info, typo
.anshuman is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 13:44   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Attachment 1805559
• An AMT type Autoamtic transmission will be offered, Hyundai’s first.
That gearshift lever has a joystick trigger - does that mean its a 6-speed gearbox? Or the AMT box?

And what's the row of buttons behind the gearshift boot? Power window buttons & door unlock/lock buttons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
• Green will the launch color..
Interesting choice of colour, that will definitely catch eyeballs. Pretty cool to see manufacturers moving onto a new shade as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
This looks like the manual transmission. The joystick trigger is for engaging reverse.
That was my first thought as well, but that lock is usually a feature on 6-speeders, right? Since reverse is displaced next to 1st, instead of below 5th. So, are Hyundai actually offering a 6-speeder that has warranted this lock?

And if so, is that to help work around the nature of the engine? e.g. better driveability at the cost of more gearshifts? (And the added selling point of "saar, our competition has only 5 gears, we have 6!").

Last edited by arunphilip : 6th October 2018 at 13:56.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 13:52   #178
Senior - BHPian

The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
That gearshift lever has a joystick trigger - does that mean its a 6-speed gearbox? Or the AMT box?

This looks like the manual transmission. The joystick trigger is for engaging reverse.

Could be the 6 speed.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th October 2018 at 14:02.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 14:01   #179
BHPian

The product fit and finish at first glance looks superb. India has truly mastered the art of making desirable small cars, a long way better from the Alto.

I hope this meets the success that it should as a superior product.
shreevishnu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 14:10   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
And what's the row of buttons behind the gearshift boot? Power window buttons & door unlock/lock buttons?
Looks like power window buttons on the sides and the power window lock button at the center.

But damn, AC vents for the rear! Hyundai is always known to pack a lot of segment first features in their rides.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks