Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:10   #16
BHPian

Re: I won a Honda BR-V in a lucky draw!

Congratulations newway!

Won a Petrol Etios during 2012 in a lucky draw conducted when I bought a flat. Yes, Ajmat has been bang on. The builder paid only the base price for the G SP version. I had to pay the registration, insurance and handling charges (which, fortunately not as steep as today then). It was a surprise to me then as I thought the whole car was free.

I ended up paying close to INR 1.2 Lakhs. Now replaced the car with a 2014 Fiesta!
rangarx is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:17   #17
BHPian

Wow, Congratulations.
Always doubted such lucky draw schemes. But now, since a BHPian has won these schemes seems true.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by newway View Post
Any comments on the variants and HU?

Also, anything else I need to be aware of when buying a BRV.
Assuming you are getting the E variant, your car will not have these essential features,
  • MID, No Instant fuel consumption display,
  • Dual trip meter
  • Electrically Adjustable ORVM,
  • Driver seat height adjuster,
  • Rear defogger, front fog lamps,
  • ABS with EBD available for Diesel variant only.
  • Dual horn
  • Headunit or speakers(may be an advantage for you)
Still, you get
  • Keyless entry
  • Non-sliding 60:40 split seats for 2nd row
  • Digital AC control(very cool feature), have seen in Amaze taxi's
The double din fascia to install an aftermarket HU is very expensive, talk to the dealer for an entertainment system of your choice.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BR-V_Brochure.pdf (5.57 MB, 212 views)

Last edited by deehunk : 23rd November 2017 at 11:44. Reason: shorten the words
deehunk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:35   #19
BHPian

Many Congratulations newway !

Never knew that one has to shell out 31% tax for a car received as gift. I always thought that this would include insurance and road tax as well.
But as mentioned by Saket, do go through the PDI. It really helps in sorting few thing upfront.

Cheers. Looking forward to see the pics of you taking the delivery.
mun1shk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:35   #20
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Newway!

First thing on your checklist should be to through Team-bhp review of the car like a bible/gita/quran. Here is the link for that.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Once that is done, you need to finalize whether you want to actually buy this car itself or not. Once all the hoopla and celebrations are over, even the mall guys would be OK if you settle for money instead of car. It would obviously be lesser money. My take is that if you are indeed going to take this car, please go for the top end model be it petrol or diesel.

eagerly waiting to know your choice.
RaghuVis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I won a BRV in a lucky draw. I have no clue about the variant they are going to give but I am assuming it will be the basic E variant.

I visited one of the Bangalore dealers to check the variants and price . As per them, E variant is no longer available and it starts with S. Do you know if this is correct?

I have a habit of upgrading the head unit as soon as I take the delivery. Any suggestion on after-market head unit for BRV? My requirements are 2 din, touchscreen, bluetooth and good sound.
Whoa!! Congratulations! If I may guess, this must be the shopping fest at Orion Mall.

I got tens of vouchers myself from buying a high-end Dell laptop, and would jokingly say at home that we should consider asking for an exchange for the WR-V

Last edited by pannags : 23rd November 2017 at 12:04.
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:42   #22
BHPian

Wow!!! Congrats there!
We have a "I booked a car thread". Now if we had a "I won a car" thread you would be one of the teenie weenie few who can post there! Irrespective of the amount you need to pay up the experience itself is one to cherish for a lifetime. Make most of it!

I guess it is high time I start accompanying my wife during her shopping sessions

Last edited by rajathv8 : 23rd November 2017 at 11:44.
rajathv8 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:53   #23
BHPian

Many Congratulations! The BR-V is a pretty good car, and considering you were looking out for a 7-seater in a couple of years, you can say maybe God wanted you to have one right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Whoa!! Congratulations! If I may guess, this must be the shopping fest at Orion Mall.
Yes, even I saw a shining new BR-V kept at Orion mall last month (during the Diwali shopping fest). Didn't take part in the lucky draw though, but was fairly impressed by how it looks from up close.

Have decided to take part in all lucky draws at all malls from now on.
nikipedia87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:07   #24
BHPian

Many congrats pal. Go through each and every terms/conditions/rules/agreements. Like many said, strike a deal with the organizers/Honda for a top end model or settle for cash if that doesnt materialize (keeping in mind that the need of a 7 seater is in the future).

I have won many including foreign investors awaiting to deposit loads of cash into my tweeny-meeny savings account - all are awaiting my response in the Spam folder
dre@ms is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I guess it is high time I start accompanying my wife during her shopping sessions
Oh! Been there done that!

They had the Abarth last time as the grand prize, and I made my wife shop as much as possible. Every time she tried an insanely expensive face cream and looked at me for approval, I had a bigger glow on my face than hers! When we entered one shop after another, it was like another door of the car was opening itself for me to check it out (Though cars have fewer doors!). When the credit card machine went 'krrrrrrrr' in a struggle to print the loan and dues to my account, I felt the turbo petrol engine was slowly purring to life in my dreams.

And yeah - as expected - nothing happened after a month of waiting for the phonecall!

She pointed the prizes on display again this time as well - but I just bought her a coffee from the adjacent coffee day store and dragged her back home. Glad that a BHP'ian went on to win the prize this time around!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I won a BRV in a lucky draw. I have no clue about the variant they are going to give but I am assuming it will be the basic E variant.

I visited one of the Bangalore dealers to check the variants and price . As per them, E variant is no longer available and it starts with S. Do you know if this is correct?

I have a habit of upgrading the head unit as soon as I take the delivery. Any suggestion on after-market head unit for BRV? My requirements are 2 din, touchscreen, bluetooth and good sound.
Congratulations! It's extremely satisfying to see someone who loves cars winning a car in the bumper price.

I read somewhere about upgrading the car variant after winning a car by paying extra money a few years back. If you have plans for it, I suggest you talk with mall marketing team/ Honda dealers. Your HU upgrade might get taken care with variant upgrade.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oh! Been there done that!

They had the Abarth last time as the grand prize,
Don't worry, it wasn't the Abarth actually. It was a Punto 90hp.

I remember visiting Orion East and seeing all the Abarth banners and my wife anyway was picking up stuff above the limit and I remember explaining to her they have advertised a Abarth , but the display car is a Punto and I was like Punto 90hp is fine by me too
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:40   #28
BHPian

Wow, congratulations buddy. Recently a friend of mine purchased a lipstick at some mall and filled some lucky draw card, guess what, she won an Ameo!
They were offering the lowest variant, but she paid the additional amount and bought the Top end variant. Not sure on the taxes she paid.

And her family owns a Volvo dealership! What luck a lipstick can bring :-)
Dieselritzer is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:52   #29
BHPian

Congratulations!! Newway, I've always had an impression about lucky draws, that they are all pre-fixed. Winning car in lucky draw always sounded like a fairy tale to me. As the saying goes "Nothing comes for free in our country" whooping 31% tax, sums up the saying well.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2017 at 16:03. Reason: Post edited. Please always use spaces after punctuation marks.
varoon9999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Oh, and do a thorough PDI as saket77 suggests. There's never a free lunch; so be careful of the car you're getting.
Having worked in an automobile dealership in the Middle East, I have seen a lot of hypermarkets having lucky draws wherein vehicles were given out as free gifts. Typically these schemes used to start one month before Ramadan and end one month after, typically a 3 month promotion. As a matter of fact, once Lulu Hypermarket gave away 30 Toyota Corollas, (a Corolla a day) as a lucky draw.

The hypermarkets buy the vehicles from the dealer at a special price. These cars are then put on display in front of the outlet. So the vehicle is exposed to 90 days of baking hot sun. The customer either had to take delivery of one of the vehicles (again a luck draw on the chassis number) or could sell the car allotted to him to a third party. In case the customer wanted to take delivery of the car, he had to get the insurance and registration at his own cost. No extended warranty was applicable on these cars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2017 at 16:04. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
ALTIMAed is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks