Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2006, 10:35   #46
BHPian

IMHO Hyundai should phase-out Accent Viva, Viva CRDI, CRDI and GLS now. Keep just GLE to fight with Ikon Flair, Esteem, Indigo etc and slash Verna's prices by 25-50k. Introduce at least 2 more Verna CRDI versions with less and more features (just like Fiesta TDCi EXi and SXi).

They must also talk about spares for Verna. I have heard that Verna has very costly spares! If Hyundai's spares too are costly then why not one will go for a Ford?
Old 5th December 2006, 10:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99
I'm surprised not to see similar threads like "why there are less aveos on road" or "why there are less fiestas on road" - i mean after two months of launch of a new brand, there wont be too much vehicles on the road... this is the case with other brands also.
That is because everyone here knows that the Aveo has been a flop (though there seems to be a renewed interest in the car lately). But if GM had come out with press releases saying that Aveo is selling in thousands, then you would have seen a "why are there no Aveos on the road?" thread.
And Fiesta has been selling pretty well and is seen on the roads a lot. So, why have a thread for it ?

Still, if I am right, in the initial stages of Fiesta's launch, there was a similar discussion about Fiestas not being seen on the roads. Maybe it will be the same case with Verna and as sales pick up, we will see more of them on the roads.
Old 5th December 2006, 10:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis View Post
IMHO Hyundai should phase-out Accent Viva, Viva CRDI, CRDI and GLS now. Keep just GLE to fight with Ikon Flair, Esteem, Indigo etc and slash Verna's prices by 25-50k. Introduce at least 2 more Verna CRDI versions with less and more features (just like Fiesta TDCi EXi and SXi).

They must also talk about spares for Verna. I have heard that Verna has very costly spares! If Hyundai's spares too are costly then why not one will go for a Ford?
Verna's spares must be costly when compared to Accent since Verna is a new launch. But I still dont think it will be higher than Ford cars. Also the A.S.S. of Ford doesn't have a good opinion.
Old 5th December 2006, 10:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Mr. Baleno, I hope Baleno is the best car available in India followed by Honda City.
Well, to be frank, I did not know that you held such a view inspite of being a Hyundai fan. If you think so, who am I to argue ?

Quote:
Now could you please enlighten why there are not too many Aveos on road since its launch long back?
Simple. Because Aveo has been a flop. And GM or Aveo fans have not been saying it is not.

Quote:
Verna is just been launched. And Team-BHP is not the only place to decide whether there isnt too much Vernas on road. Some people are already reporting that there a lot of Vernas.
Launch was like a few months ago. Just as "some people" are reporting sightings of the Verna (a la UFOs), it is some others like us who have not been lucky enough.

In your zeal to protect Hyundai's honour, you seem to be missing the point. No one is saying that Verna is not seen on the roads at all. I myself have mentioned the ones I have seen. What we found inconsistent was the numbers mentioned by Hyundai and the relatively lesser numbers seen on the roads.

Quote:
Accent GLS and Verna 1.6 base model costs the same. So there is some problem with your friend's decision to buy Accent.
Maybe he did not want to pay 7lacs (he said he paid that much, but I doubt whether the GLS costs 7lacs) for just the base model.

Quote:
Also Verna/Accent combination sales figures are 2900+ units compared to City's 2600+ units. Out of the 2900+ units Accent might have sold just 50 units or even lesser.
OK, so now you have access to individual figures too. Great. So, as per you, all the sales were Vernas. Hmmm.

Quote:
You're a hardcore Japanese fan as well as brand image fan so no pint in arguing with you.
I sure am. Just as you are a Hyundai fanatic. The only difference is that you do not admit it even though any mention of Hyundai anywhere rankles you so much that you have to come up with a reply.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Well, to be frank, I did not know that you held such a view inspite of being a Hyundai fan. If you think so, who am I to argue ?

Simple. Because Aveo has been a flop. And GM or Aveo fans have not been saying it is not.

Launch was like a few months ago. Just as "some people" are reporting sightings of the Verna (a la UFOs), it is some others like us who have not been lucky enough.

In your zeal to protect Hyundai's honour, you seem to be missing the point. No one is saying that Verna is not seen on the roads at all. I myself have mentioned the ones I have seen. What we found inconsistent was the numbers mentioned by Hyundai and the relatively lesser numbers seen on the roads.

Maybe he did not want to pay 7lacs (he said he paid that much, but I doubt whether the GLS costs 7lacs) for just the base model.

OK, so now you have access to individual figures too. Great. So, as per you, all the sales were Vernas. Hmmm.

I sure am. Just as you are a Hyundai fanatic. The only difference is that you do not admit it even though any mention of Hyundai anywhere rankles you so much that you have to come up with a reply.
You said Aveo is a flop despite being a good car. Why? It just needs common sense to say that Accent sales are less. It's an outdated car. I think people buying Accent will buy only the GLE variant.

lol@hyundai fanatic. For me Korean cars form the last few years and Japanese cars are same in quality just like what Americans and Europeans have started to think. For them Korean and Japanese cars are Asian cars. And they're quite right too. Yes, I do know and agree openly that Toyota and Honda are ahead of Hyundai technology wise. But then you got to agree that Hyundai is a late entrant compared to them.

I own a hyundai but that never means I'm a hyundai fan. But I will react to unnecessary criticism. FYI, my favourite cars and which I'm really a fanatic are:
Bugatti Veyron (fastest car in the world probably)
Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo
Ferraris
Mclaren
BMW
Merc S series
Aston Martin
Porsche

and a few more of these kinds. Doesnt feature any Japanese or Korean cars in my fanatic lists lol.....

Last edited by adarsh76 : 5th December 2006 at 11:23.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:28   #51
BANNED

Quote:
I hope more members get lucky in seeing Vernas on the road. I still keep seeing them, maybe my route is different. I have to look out for them though just as I had to do with the Fiestas.

Quote:
in the initial stages of Fiesta's launch, there was a similar discussion about Fiestas not being seen on the roads. Maybe it will be the same case with Verna and as sales pick up, we will see more of them on the roads.

Quote:
I saw many Verna's on Chennai's roads as soon as they were officially released!.But, then again one sees more Hyundai's and Ford's in Chennai, compared to other cities.Maybe it is because they're locally produced?.
I agree with this. I have felt the same way.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:41   #52
Team-BHP Support

Adarsh & SupremeBaleno, kindly cool down.

Actually I have never seen a Verna, granted I live in a small town. But when I visited Chennai & Bangalore this weekend, I still didn't see a Verna. Although while in Bangalore, I did walk by a Rolls Royce Phantom in Indiranagar and drive past a Porsche Cayenne on cubbon road. Two supercars in two days, but still no Verna.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Adarsh76, I think this thread has come up simply as an extension of an earlier one where ridiculous sales numbers were being quoted by Hyundai in the first couple of weeks after the Verna launch......what people are now asking is where are the cars if so many were indeed sold (remember, we were sceptical of the figures even then)?

IMHO, it doesn't make sense bringing the Fiesta & Aveo into it because -

1) Neither Ford nor Chevrolet had claimed such high sales numbers in the first two weeks and the thread on lesser Fiestas on the road was because some people were saying that almost none had sold
2) The Fiesta is now selling HUGE numbers & I think you see far too many on the roads to doubt its success (though the Aveo is not)

Vivekkr_99, you are correct about NHC being on the roads for a longer time and I also think most of us use the term "NHC" very loosely - for an apples to apples comparison, we should speak only about the NHC ZX, not the earlier one......any statistics anyone on number of NHC ZX sold post December 2005?
Old 5th December 2006, 11:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
That is because everyone here knows that the Aveo has been a flop (though there seems to be a renewed interest in the car lately). .
Was Aveo a flop within the first month of its launch itself? Or did people wait for sometime to understand its pros and cons and then decided not to go for it?

Quote:
But if GM had come out with press releases saying that Aveo is selling in thousands, then you would have seen a "why are there no Aveos on the road?" thread.
And Fiesta has been selling pretty well and is seen on the roads a lot. So, why have a thread for it ? .
Did you find the same no.of Fiestas on the road within the first two months of its launch?? What I wanted to point out was that we are comparing Verna that was launched two months back with other well established cars that were launched one or two years before... And people start comparing the number of NHCs on road vs Verna.. But one thing that is not sure is whether all these NHCs are less than two months old or not (ies whether the sales of NHCs rocketed after Verna's launch).

Quote:
Still, if I am right, in the initial stages of Fiesta's launch, there was a similar discussion about Fiestas not being seen on the roads.
Was that because Fiesta was a bad car? Definitely not. Now, we see a lot of Fiestas on road. May be too much was expected of Verna, particulary due to the hype generated regarding its power, and its comparision with Skoda Laura etc etc..
Still, like most others in this fourm I'm also confused by the mismatch in the numbers claimed by Hyundai and the actual numbers seen on the road. Here in Bangalore, I've spotted 4-5 vernas only.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Cant argue with "Hondadude" . Whatever you say is true.
I am sure there are tons more people on this forum who believe that you are extremely biased towards Hyundai than the ones who believe that I am biased towards Honda.

You, dear sir, are a classic case of how easy it is to build a negative brand equity and you will find that it is very difficult to come out of this and build a positive brand equity for yourself.

If you are ready to engage in objective discussion about cars and brand value, then lets talk.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:45   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
You, dear sir, are a classic case of how easy it is to build a negative brand equity and you will find that it is very difficult to come out of this and build a positive brand equity for yourself.
Please avoid these kind of references to fellow members.

We will be forced to lock this thread if members continue to make personal comments against eachother. - Mod Team
Old 5th December 2006, 12:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And people start comparing the number of NHCs on road vs Verna..
No one is comparing Verna with any other car (Aveo, NHC or Fiesta). Atleast I am not. My comment was only about not seeing enough Vernas on the road to substantiate the figures put out by Hyundai.

Quote:
Still, like most others in this fourm I'm also confused by the mismatch in the numbers claimed by Hyundai and the actual numbers seen on the road. Here in Bangalore, I've spotted 4-5 vernas only.
That exactly was my point.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th December 2006 at 13:02.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

People who dont see the Verna on the road,buy the Fiesta.Those who dont see the Fiesta,buy the Aveo and those who dont see the Aveo,buy the NHC.

If you dont see any of the these cars on the road buy a Alto,the best selling car in India.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:09   #59
BANNED

Is Verna selling as much as Civic? Because I see loads of Civics but hardly any Vernas till date. In fact I have only seen 1 CRDi so far.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

Vernas sales must be yet to pick up. Hyundai does have a habit of giving sales figures very early. They may not be true but we will definately see more Vernas on the road in due course.

For the recor since its launch I have just seen 3 Vernas one of which is in my building itself

Not bad looking from the from but the rear doesnt appeal to me at all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks