Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2006, 13:24   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I was in Kathmandu last month and saw a lot of Kias, Hyundais and of course our very own Marutis.
My observation is that one Kia in particular is almost a clone of the Santro. In fact i almost thought it as the new santro till I saw the kia badge.
Kia being Hyundai's subsidiary, they do it at many countries. They do re-badging of Kia as Hyundai and vice versa.
Old 30th December 2006, 00:50   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Yes, looks are really personal tastes. You cant recommend a car to someone solely on the looks of your taste.

For me Verna looks quite OK although it cant be termed excellent. But its not offensive at all. It looks better than City and Fiesta. Aveo has a different attraction though. But the frontal looks of Aveo is a turn off....

Perhaps Hyundai should think of making that front grille and rear bumper more attractive which may well make it the best looker...
verna is never matching luxurious look of city.you will see in future that such constant selling figures of city will not br touched by verna.auto car says it will impossible to shake market leader city by verna
Old 30th December 2006, 20:06   #153
BHPian

i dont think city looks luxurious frm any angle....its more like the indigo.......well optra looks luxurious........well as for verna and city..........i personally like the verna........
Old 30th December 2006, 22:31   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt View Post
verna is never matching luxurious look of city.you will see in future that such constant selling figures of city will not br touched by verna.auto car says it will impossible to shake market leader city by verna
Who said Verna is shaking City's roots?? This thread is discussing why we dont see too many vernas on road... You have made a similar statement in another thread also as if to reassure yourself. I guess the reason is because of the inherent fear in some of the NHC enthusiasts that Verna might overtake City (only time will tell whether its true or not). But, in my opinion, only if there is competition, car manufacturers will come out with better products with competetive prices, whether it is Honda or Hyundai or Maruti.
Regarding looks, my friend owns a City ZX and I find its looks good, but definitely not luxurious.
Old 31st December 2006, 12:50   #155
Senior - BHPian

Accent vs Verna vs City

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
According to Hyundai press release, in Nov 2006, Hyundai sold 2,970 units in A3 segment and this segment includes both Accent & Verna. Unless Hyundai clarifies on the individual numbers, we can only speculate.
Seems like Hyundai has released individual figures:
Month-Verna-Accent-NHC
Sep06-2043-542-3776
Oct06-2856-864-3673
Nov06-2432-538 -2732

Source:
Hyundai cuts down Accent production-Business Live-News-The Economic Times
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Press Releases
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

hey its too close now . but too early to predict.but as an owner i feel and belive in the loong run verna will be a car who will be having sincere fans .more affordable sports car lookking car.
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:41   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Seems like Hyundai has released individual figures:
Month-Verna-Accent-NHC
Sep06-2043-542-3776
Oct06-2856-864-3673
Nov06-2432-538 -2732

Source:
Hyundai cuts down Accent production-Business Live-News-The Economic Times
So whoz eating into NHC sales? Down almost 1K in Nov.. I am curious to find out what numbers did they hit in Dec. If thats low too, we could be in for a price cut, dont you guys think so?
Old 2nd January 2007, 13:21   #158
Senior - BHPian

hey guys nhc should have to do something ,value adding and price cuts could be the options.just imagine no side beadings for the low end nhc a car costing 7,00,000.
ram
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
hey guys nhc should have to do something ,value adding and price cuts could be the options.just imagine no side beadings for the low end nhc a car costing 7,00,000.
ram
this is one of the silliest things about the indian car market. the low end models are deprived of some basic stuff like rubber mouldings, left orvm, a stop lamp, all these things cost a few hundred rupees, but are not worthy enough to be on a car that costs 6 or 7 lakhs?
Old 2nd January 2007, 16:51   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
this is one of the silliest things about the indian car market. the low end models are deprived of some basic stuff like rubber mouldings, left orvm, a stop lamp, all these things cost a few hundred rupees, but are not worthy enough to be on a car that costs 6 or 7 lakhs?
Even in their top end Vtec, I find it appaling that airbags and ABS are not even optional!

Come on Honda, now even maruti zen comes with optional ABS and so does Hyundai's cheapest car.
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:37   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Even in their top end Vtec, I find it appaling that airbags and ABS are not even optional!

Come on Honda, now even maruti zen comes with optional ABS and so does Hyundai's cheapest car.
Honda guys may not even think of adding those safety features, unless and until the mad rush for "brand" comes down, and the buyers become more sensible in their car selection.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:40   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Honda guys may not even think of adding those safety features, unless and until the mad rush for "brand" comes down, and the buyers become more sensible in their car selection.
I second that. Very true. Honda is really treating the "City" buyers as low class.

By the way Business Standard is saying Verna is a flop (same magazine told Verna Petrol features the same engine of Accent GLS). It says Verna and Accent sold just 942 units in December despite a 42% increase in sales for hyundai.

Is it because car sales are affected in December?

Last edited by adarsh76 : 2nd January 2007 at 22:42.
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:34   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
I second that. Very true. Honda is really treating the "City" buyers as low class.

By the way Business Standard is saying Verna is a flop (same magazine told Verna Petrol features the same engine of Accent GLS).
....AND Verna CRDi is the Business Standard Motoring Performance Car Of The Year 2007......Lol
Old 3rd January 2007, 13:59   #164
Senior - BHPian

"The company sold 4,105 units in December 2006 as against 4,111 units in the corresponding month last year."

Ouch.. They are actually down YOY. Oh Boy, NHC sales are declining!
Long live Fiesta/Verna/Elantra/Cedia/Corolla!
Old 3rd January 2007, 15:17   #165
Senior - BHPian

Simple Math

NHC Sale in Dec06:

[A] Apr06-Dec06: 29527 (Honda press release)
[b] Apr06-Oct06: 24031 (Auto news - Murad Baig)
[C] Nov06 sales: 2732 (Honda press release)

Sale in Dec06 = [A] - [b] - [C] = 2764 units

Few observations:
  • NHC ZX was launched in Nov05 and hence numbers for Dec05 might be more.
  • People postpone their purchase till Jan to enhance the resale value. Hence the numbers in Nov/Dec will be small.
  • Civic now fills the gap between NHC & Accord. Hence Honda buyers (who could afford Civic) would have bought Civic instead of NHC.
Though the number is small compared to other months, its more than Fiesta, Aveo and maybe even Verna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks