Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:15   #1
BHPian

Why there are not too many Verna on the road?

I have nearly finalized that I will buy Verna but the problem is I am not able to see too many vernas on road in delhi. So I am not sure if it’s really selling or VFM of ppl is tilting for ford fiesta. Today Hyundai released its sales figure for the month of November 2006. And I am more confused than ever. The sales figure of Nov 2006 for the A3 segment is 2970 units where as in November 2005 it was 3663 units for the month. Despite adding an exciting model and offering huge discounts on Viva Accents they still have overall negative growth. Looks like Hyundai needs a serious price correction on Verna. I can wait till March for more discounts on the Verna CRDi but is it really advisable to go for Verna if yes should I wait till Feb-March to get a better deal?
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:20   #2
BHPian

You never know whats gonna happen in Feb-march. The new budget will out by april I think and thats the only time we will know for sure whats gonna happen. I dont think Hyundai is gonna make a price correction on the Verna so soon. That would affect the sales more as it would imply that Hyundai got the pricing wrong and the car's not worth that much. People who have already bought will also raise hell.

IMHO the car is over priced, especially the diesel one. what you have said does suggest a fall in sales but you should not be overly worried about that.
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

why do you want to buy a car based on what other people are buying?
if you like the Verna buy it.

It is powerful,spacious ,comes with decent looks and a good service backup.That should be good enough to go ahead with the purchase unless u like the Fiesta better.
Old 2nd December 2006, 02:02   #4
BHPian

same was the case with fiesta when it was launched, Ford was claiming they were selling like hot cakes but you could hardly see any on the road. I guess you'll see more verna's on road shortly. I've started seeing a lot of them of late...

BTW Merve has a point...buy what you like and not what everyone else does..reminds me of the onida ad
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:38   #5
BHPian

Fall in sales? I guess its due to tough competition or maybe its the case with every single manufacturers?
Old 2nd December 2006, 12:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have seen good numbers of verna, but not in that numbers when fiesta was launched here in hyderabad.
Few people who took fiesta in after the launch of verna in hyderabad, i spoke with them, they said they didnt like the toyish look of verna, and I personally felt verna looks like a inflated balloon.
Hyundai has a bigger presence in India, than their country but its not with the Ford , I guess that makes a difference in the attitude towards the customer base in India. This makes me think you can go for Verna, they have a good A.S.S than the ford.
Old 2nd December 2006, 13:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
why do you want to buy a car based on what other people are buying?
if you like the Verna buy it.
I would consider that as one of my criteria. Word of mouth gets around very quickly in India, we are very VFM conscious and if you do see larger numbers, usually there is good VFM in that car or item.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 2nd December 2006 at 13:39.
Old 2nd December 2006, 14:32   #8
BHPian

guys me just got delivery of my verna and its amazing........well me too started seeing more vernas nowdays
Old 2nd December 2006, 15:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Actually i see 4 - 5 vernas daily.. they can be same ones as i travle 50km daily now and i see 2 white 1 black and 2 others.) Most of the time i confuse it with CORSA but as they come closer i see the H badge and its a verna.
Old 2nd December 2006, 16:48   #10
BHPian

The onida is a classic example. But I am thinking otherwise. There seem to be a bit problem in verna's handling at high speeds because of the cheap suspension they have used. Can this be a reason for not so good sales figures? I would like to invite those at team-bhp who have bought Verna CRDi to put some light on it. Is it that bad or its that we are expecting too much perfection from the car?
Old 2nd December 2006, 18:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I would consider that as one of my criteria. Word of mouth gets around very quickly in India, we are very VFM conscious and if you do see larger numbers, usually there is good VFM in that car or item.
The fiat palio is a VFM car,but that dosent mean you see many of them on the road,nor do you see many Sonata Embera's,that is a VFM buy.

Word of mouth is based on perceptions rather that the truth,so it depends on how one looks at it.
Old 2nd December 2006, 18:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Me too seeing a lot of Verna's these days. Infact, much more than Aveo's already! I dont think you should be worried as the price correction wont happen so soon..
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:59   #13
Team-BHP Support

@ Eqquus: Aveos arent selling any significant number here... same is the case with the Verna too... And i havent seen a single petrol Verna...

HAve seen some CRDi ones though... But... more new fiesta's are seen...
Old 3rd December 2006, 12:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well, even I noticed one thing in Pune that Aveo, Fiesta and Verna are not selling that great... I hardly see Aveo, Verna but once in a while I used to spot Fiesta.... Pune roads or for that matter Indian roads are dominated by Marutis...

Recently I have seen many Palios and Scorpios... I dont know where Verna's claimed around 3000 units in one month has been sold ..

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 / AND IT ROCKS
Old 3rd December 2006, 14:08   #15
BHPian

Rohit, you being delhi might see less vernas here but on my india trip, i noticed more Vernas in south part of India, than in north/east.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks