Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 18:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has launched a Celerio-based pseudo SUV called the CelerioX in India. The new model is available in 4 variants with the choice of a manual or an automatic gearbox. Prices start at Rs. 4.57 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-celerioxmain34flip2_38025682212_o.jpg

The CelerioX is based on the Celerio hatchback, however in terms of its dimensions it is slightly longer and wider than the standard car. The overall length is 3,715 mm, width is 1,635 mm and it measures 1,565 mm in height. The wheelbase stays unchanged at 2,425 mm and the laden ground clearance is 120 mm. The car has a 235-litre boot and comes with a 35-litre fuel tank.

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-celeriox34th2_38056725161_o.jpg

The CelerioX gets a dual-tone exterior with new front and rear bumpers. The car rides on 6-spoke alloy wheels finished in gloss black. In front, it gets a black grille flanked by smoked headlights while the dual-tone front bumper houses circular fog lamps. Moving to the side, the CelerioX gets black ORVM housings and black wheel arches, door sills and body cladding. The B-pillar, door handles and roof rails are also finished in black. At the rear, you will find a black bumper with a silver scuff plate and integrated reflectors. It comes with a subtle roof spoiler and uses the same tail lamps as the standard Celerio.

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-celerioxfront_26280391809_o.jpg

Inside, the new model comes with all-black interiors with white accents and patterned seats with orange highlights. It comes standard with a driver-side airbag and driver side seat belt reminder. Passenger side airbag and ABS are available as an option across all the variants.

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-celerioxprofile2_38003326796_o.jpg

Under the bonnet, the CelerioX is powered by the same 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine from the standard Celerio hatchback. This engine produces 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm. The CelerioX is offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT.

The Celerio X is available in five exterior colour options – Solid Paprika Orange, Torque Blue, Caffeine Brown, Arctic White and Glistening Grey.

Variant-wise ex-showroom, Delhi prices –

Vxi MT - Rs. 457,226

Vxi AMT - Rs. 500,226

Vxi (O) MT - Rs. 472,279

Vxi (O) AMT - Rs. 515,279

Zxi MT - Rs. 482,234

Zxi AMT - Rs. 525,234

Zxi (Opt) MT - Rs. 530,645

Zxi (O) AMT - Rs. 542,645

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd December 2017 at 11:38.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 18:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh

Psedo SUV. One more contraption in the name of car in the market. It looks like an illegitimate child between Etios Cross and Celerio.

Ground clearance of 120mm? I don't think that's right. It should be atleast near 160-165mm mark.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 18:37   #3
BHPian

Now We should have two separate segments.

"Proper" Psedo SUV e.g. WRV
"Psedo" Psedo SUV like CelerioX, I20 Active, Liva Cross etc.
Vishal.R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 18:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Ground clearance of 120mm? I don't think that's right. It should be atleast near 160-165mm mark.
Perhaps it is the laden GC? I believe that car manufacturers are required to state the laden GC nowadays.

Trust Maruti to not miss out on the spruced up hatchback trend. I'm sure there will be many takers for it.
Old 1st December 2017, 18:52   #5
BHPian

Pseudo = Fake

Here we can see its proper implementation being done, as Maruti Suzuki joins the bandwagon of misusing the term ‘SUV’.

Also, as mentioned above, 120mm of ground clearance just doesn’t sound right, given that the car is running on Indian roads without a hitch.
Old 1st December 2017, 18:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Perhaps it is the laden GC? I believe that car manufacturers are required to state the laden GC nowadays.

Trust Maruti to not miss out on the spruced up hatchback trend. I'm sure there will be many takers for it.
Oh. Sorry for my ignorance. I wasn't aware of this. This is actually the laden GC. Thanks for point out.

There will be many takers but I do not find it pleasing to the eyes. It's Maruti and a hatchback so it'll surely add numbers to the Celerio sales and can even sell in the range of 1000-1500.
Old 1st December 2017, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Maruti taking a leaf out of Toyota Liva Cross? At leat Toyota gave the car better alloys, a new front look with pseudo bull bar at front and roof rails. Maruti didn't even bother that much. And this iteration looks uglier than the normal Celerio. Ugly Duckling is what comes to my mind! Common Maruti stop this sticker, bumper and paint jobs with funny names!!
Old 1st December 2017, 19:08   #8
BHPian

The Maruti Suzuki Celerio X features a pretty muscular appearance due to the slightly wider front fascia with honeycomb grille and sports a sculpted front bumper, black painted Outside Rear View Mirrors with turn indicators, sporty body kit, black body cladding on the side skirts and all around, rear-mounted roof spoiler, newly designed multi-spoke alloy wheels, etc.
The CelerioX sports aerodynamic design with a newly designed X-theme based graphic around the grille. Other notable features are protective cladding on sides and rear bumper as well as skid plate details on rear, high gloss black accentuation on like grille, fog garnish, clads, roof garnish, blacked out B-pillar and interior accents.

Read more at: https://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-celeri...ndered-481730/
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-maruticelerioxceleriocrossindialaunchdatepriceenginespecs2.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-maruticelerioxceleriocrossindialaunchdatepriceenginespecs1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-maruticelerioxceleriocrossindialaunchdatepriceenginespecs.jpg  

manaljain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 19:48   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio X ....

Looking at these pics, I can only say that maruti is competing with Mahindra for the worst looking car of the year. And for me, it is winning too.
condor is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 20:00   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

May God show the light to the poor souls who buy this contraption!

Seriously, I wonder who comes up with such wacky ideas. And who signs them off. Years of hard work, dedication, design/management exams and after education from top institutes, this is what they come up with? I first thought this was a rendering of a concept as imagined by a 10 year old.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 20:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

That thing looks like those cheap, knock-off, plastic 'Hot Wheels' replicas sold in country fairs (gaon ka mela).
Why do this to such an inoffensive, decent-looking car like Celerio?

P.S. Could've still made it look passable if the front bumper wasn't overdone, esp. the black bits between the headlamps/fogs.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st December 2017 at 20:41.
Old 1st December 2017, 21:01   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The only thing I like about this new derivative is the black interior scheme. Maruti should understand that beige does not immediately equate to premium especially the colour and materials they choose. The work on the rear bumper is close to being 'OK'. The front bumper is just Yuck and I need to see the person who designed this bit, or rather he should see a psychiatrist since I am not sure why he wanted to give a car the face of a Walrus with its teeth extending out of the jaw on either side. A car is a transportation device and not an exhibition tabloid to get such wacky concepts into production.

I have no regrets owning the regular looking Celerio. Looks like there is nothing much I miss with the introduction of the facelift And after seeing the brochure, I dont have words to describe how they come up with a concept like in this case 'X' and then try to fit in everything there right from the grill design to the safety - Do they even know what Xtreme safety means?
Old 1st December 2017, 21:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Me: Mahindra makes the ugliest cars in India.

Maruti: Hold my beer!

ashutoshb is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 21:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Seriously, I wonder who comes up with such wacky ideas. And who signs them off. Years of hard work, dedication, design/management exams and after education from top institutes, this is what they come up with? I first thought this was a rendering of a concept as imagined by a 10 year old.
You can rest assured that this model will sell in thousands if not lakhs. In India, if Maruti, Hyundai, Honda make a rickshaw and drape it in SUV clothing, it will be awarded a car of the year award by some auto magazines. It will have a waiting list. People would be happy sipping the Cafe Coffee Day coffee in their showrooms while paying a Rs. 7000 bill during their second service for a 5 lakh car. And everyone would be happy proclaiming that Maruti built a great compact SUV that is positioned slightly below the Brezza.

Best wishes for the customers who own this car. I liked the Celerio but it is a 2 decade old design. A lot of people will love it though, and that's all that matters. The only company (except the European manufacturers) to invest in designing elegant cars is Tata motors. Seeing products like these, I think the Tiago is way too superior for the price.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 1st December 2017 at 21:17. Reason: Added lines.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 22:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
You can rest assured that this model will sell in thousands if not lakhs. In India, if Maruti, Hyundai, Honda make a rickshaw and drape it in SUV clothing, it will be awarded a car of the year award by some auto magazines. It will have a waiting list. People would be happy sipping the Cafe Coffee Day coffee in their showrooms while paying a Rs. 7000 bill during their second service for a 5 lakh car. And everyone would be happy proclaiming that Maruti built a great compact SUV that is positioned slightly below the Brezza.

Best wishes for the customers who own this car. I liked the Celerio but it is a 2 decade old design. A lot of people will love it though, and that's all that matters. The only company (except the European manufacturers) to invest in designing elegant cars is Tata motors. Seeing products like these, I think the Tiago is way too superior for the price.
I somehow feel that this will not sell too well. Customers have a lot of choice in the price band mentioned and only the GC will not be able to sway them. To top it all, it doesn't look good as well for people to forget its flaws.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks