Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh

Spy shots of this model were already doing rounds on the forums, but I never thought that the car would make it to production in the same form.
Can't believe that Maruti came out with this ridiculous looking car, in this age where beautiful cars like Kwids and Tiagos are selling like hot cakes.

Maruti has never hesitated to come out with ugly models every now and then, but with this, they have taken ugliness to a different level altogether.

Even the test mules of some Hyundai cars with heavy camouflage looked much beautiful than this contraption.

Don't know whom they are expecting to buy this weird looking car which has not a single virtue of its own to be highlighted as its USP.

And pseudo-SUV? Seriously, Maruti?
So what does SUV stand for you, Maruti? Sick-Ugly-Vehicle?

This arrogance of MSIL, that "we can sell whatever contraption in whatever name we like and our brand name will ensure that it will sell like hotcakes" itself shows how low their respect and standards expectation about the Indian customer is.

On a lighter note, I guess this is a plan by Maruti to boost the sales of the normal, regular Celerio, and nothing else.
This car, if kept side by side at the showrooms with the regular Celerio will surely boost sales of the regular model.
Even the normally bland-looking regular Celerio becomes a beautful car when placed side-by-side with this model.

Last edited by VinodDevil81 : 2nd December 2017 at 02:15.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 09:57   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Spy shots of this model were already doing rounds on the forums, but I never thought that the car would make it to production in the same form.
Can't believe that Maruti came out with this ridiculous looking car, in this age where beautiful cars like Kwids and Tiagos are selling like hot cakes.

Maruti has never hesitated to come out with ugly models every now and then, but with this, they have taken ugliness to a different level altogether.

Even the test mules of some Hyundai cars with heavy camouflage looked much beautiful than this contraption.

Don't know whom they are expecting to buy this weird looking car which has not a single virtue of its own to be highlighted as its USP.

And pseudo-SUV? Seriously, Maruti?
So what does SUV stand for you, Maruti? Sick-Ugly-Vehicle?

This arrogance of MSIL, that "we can sell whatever contraption in whatever name we like and our brand name will ensure that it will sell like hotcakes" itself shows how low their respect and standards expectation about the Indian customer is.

On a lighter note, I guess this is a plan by Maruti to boost the sales of the normal, regular Celerio, and nothing else.
This car, if kept side by side at the showrooms with the regular Celerio will surely boost sales of the regular model.
Even the normally bland-looking regular Celerio becomes a beautful car when placed side-by-side with this model.
No no my fellow bhpians, don't lose you temper. You people are missing something here. CelerioX is as much of an SUV, as much as Ciaz S is sporty!. Okay, jokes aside on a serious note, I mean what the hell is Maruti doing! Have these people lost their mind, instead of giving better engines to their cars(like 1.6Mjd or their homegrown 1.5), they are testing patience of public by launching pathetic models like Ciaz"S" or Celerio"X". Seems like they are too happy with them being on No.1 spot, and now want to give some of their sales to competitors! Not cool Maruti grow up and think something better
Old 2nd December 2017, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
No no my fellow bhpians, don't lose you temper. You people are missing something here. CelerioX is as much of an SUV, as much as Ciaz S is sporty!. Okay, jokes aside on a serious note, I mean what the hell is Maruti doing! Have these people lost their mind, instead of giving better engines to their cars(like 1.6Mjd or their homegrown 1.5), they are testing patience of public by launching pathetic models like Ciaz"S" or Celerio"X". Seems like they are too happy with them being on No.1 spot, and now want to give some of their sales to competitors! Not cool Maruti grow up and think something better
I beg to differ, even though I am not fan of those odd looking models , looking at trend of their market share their market research team seems doing right job. Specifically to this model, yes it may not sell (like Estillo , A Star and so on).

1.6 MJD is not what most people need and Maruti may not care loosing those small group customers. When CIAZ was launched with small motor people raised concerns here on forum for its small engine but numbers show they were correct on market research. What customers need and what can be ignored.

Last edited by sanjubaba : 2nd December 2017 at 13:12.
sanjubaba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Old wine in a new bottle. An usual gimmick to keep the sales boosted, although a good one. MSIL is playing safe. It is better than special editions that come with farzi stickering jobs, though, not enough differentiation like a facelift.

Cannibalism is not unusual with MSIL launches and this might attract buyers of Ignis Petrol.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 2nd December 2017 at 14:20.
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:22   #20
BHPian

My SA suggests that the new Celerios have the AMT issues sorted out. He went on to tell that the drive-ability part of it has improved with non-existent judders and jerks. Personally, I like the Celerio X and, good that it didn't end up with a mere stickering job. Celerio mainly competes with Tiago. A price hike due to more bells and whistles would make Celerio further unattractive to a prospective buyer.
k88k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 21:33   #21
BANNED

Polo, Punto, Figo, KUV100, Micra, Bolt and Brio - All these cost similar to this Celerio x. It is going to be a demonstration of might by Maruti to make people buy Celerio over these cars. Its really legendary on its part to make people believe that Celerio is a better bet due to perceived ease of maintenance or better resale. Though competition is trying to catch up by being more attentive to customers, their past misgivings continue to haunt them.
Old 2nd December 2017, 21:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is at a race to make cars, that make no sense!

Hatchbacks slapped with a boot
Hatchbacks made to look like SUV
SUV made to feel like sports car (BMW X6M, Lambo SUV...)
Sports cars with luxury features (GT ones)
Luxury limos with way too much power and poor handling(almost all of them)

Sad part is, they are making some of the models so good, that even I wish to have few of them! I don't want car industry to be boring and do what they are good at and not try something new, but innovation should add some value!

Proper sedan with an V8 engine form a muscle car sounds good

0.6L FWD SUV is not so good.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 2nd December 2017 at 21:50.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 21:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

heh, if these are psuedo SUV's, Then the indica should be considered the original psuedo SUV! Tata added some very nice wheel arches, flared bumpers etc to the indica way back in 2004, and later added 14" wheels when the turbo was launched.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 14:57   #24
BHPian

See what Tiago is doing to Celerio! A great product does challenge a market leader to think and do things differently.
CelerioX is as ugly a hatch can get. My personal opinion though.
However, the earlier variant which was launched couple of months back looks very refreshing with that large air dam and honeycomb grille at the front. A hoarding on MG Road with the blue colour Celerio was refreshing to look at!
balajisv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 10:53   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Polo, Punto, Figo, KUV100, Micra, Bolt and Brio - All these cost similar to this Celerio x. It is going to be a demonstration of might by Maruti to make people buy Celerio over these cars.
While I know you're talking about the CelerioX, it's important to note that the Celerio has sold about 10,000 cars for 3 of the last 4 months. Hence, it pretty much outsells all the cars you listed combined. Maruti is already demonstrating their point pretty well IMHO.

Also, we should compare apples to apples & oranges to oranges. If we have to compare the sales of a particular variant only (in this case, a lame crossover), it should be compared to the lame crossover variant of the others (not variant vs entire model range).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 11:34   #26
BHPian

I think this is all part of a well-thought plan to make people think that Brezza is a real SUV.

Just one question - will CelerioX be sold through Nexa?
Old 11th December 2017, 10:06   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Ujjwal Saxena for sharing these pics of the CelerioX ZXI AMT:

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-19.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-20.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-32.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-33.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-34.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-35.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-36.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-38.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-39.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-41.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-42.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-43.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-45.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-50-2.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-50-3.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-50-4.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-50-5.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-50-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

The word 'Celerio' must mean 'guinea pig' in some language for sure.
  • 800cc 2 cylinder diesel engine
  • AMT gearbox
  • Pseudo-SUV body kit (black wheel caps deserve special mention!)

Wonder what is left in MSIL's arsenal to try out on the poor thing.

Off to get some cotton to wipe my bleeding eyes!
Viju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 09:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

More pictures of the AGS variant...

This car looks much better than the regular Celerio from the side and back profiles.

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0018.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0023.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0017.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0025.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0022.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0024.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0020.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0016.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0021.jpg

Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img20171214wa0019.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th December 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Minor edit due to a software issue :)
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 09:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
You can rest assured that this model will sell in thousands if not lakhs. In India, if Maruti, Hyundai, Honda make a rickshaw and drape it in SUV clothing, it will be awarded a car of the year award by some auto magazines. It will have a waiting list. People would be happy sipping the Cafe Coffee Day coffee in their showrooms while paying a Rs. 7000 bill during their second service for a 5 lakh car. And everyone would be happy proclaiming that Maruti built a great compact SUV that is positioned slightly below the Brezza.

Best wishes for the customers who own this car. I liked the Celerio but it is a 2 decade old design. A lot of people will love it though, and that's all that matters. The only company (except the European manufacturers) to invest in designing elegant cars is Tata motors. Seeing products like these, I think the Tiago is way too superior for the price.
Rs7000 bill for a 5 lakh car that too for the 2nd service? which car? Customers are surely taken for a ride by so called authorized service centers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks