Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2018, 20:00   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
haha, with GST being levied on old car sales, I am afraid it won't be easy to flip so often now.
I know this is OT for this thread, but GST isn't an issue for individual to individual/dealer sales, is it?
Is it different for company registered cars as might be in your case?
Old 29th January 2018, 18:17   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores

I examined the car this afternoon. The materials and the finish of the interiors is as top notch as Turbanator says it is. The feature I liked best is the many combinations of back, shoulder and seat/thigh massages that are possible including for the driver. The car's height above ground can be varied from 147mm to 170mm depending on the ground being traversed. When you get in the height raises up to make ingress and egress easier. I did not drive the car so cannot comment on that aspect.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 14:42   #63
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Autocar Review of the LS 500h.

PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 23:08   #64
BHPian

This is the most thorough review of the LS 500h, it really shows the sheer amount of luxury and value in the car. Now I use the term value relatively (of course it is overpriced here).

I hope that executive package shown in the video is standard in the Indian model.The Kirko glass trim and the handwoven doorpads look smashing.

Love the amount of technology in this car, a smog sensor(why would you need that?) with 7 levels of setting! To top it off an average mileage of 9Kmpl for this luxo-barge is impressive.

Dare I say as far as refinement and luxury goes, it is 60-70% a Rolls for a quarter of the price, ofcourse not taking into consideration the brand, aspirational and emotional value of a Rolls Royce.

Last edited by Shanksta : 26th April 2018 at 23:17. Reason: Adding information
Shanksta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 07:33   #65
BHPian

I saw one in purple color on road in Chandigarh yesterday.

Looked very different and even very much a sci fi luxo barge.

Loved it.
Old 9th May 2018, 22:39   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

I test drove the LS500h today both in the drivers seat and the rear passenger seat. My first impressions:-
  • While driving you don't get the feeling that this is a 5.2 metre long vehicle. It is a whole foot longer than the ES300h which I am used to.
  • In Comfort mode the back side ride is top notch - like rolling along on the air suspension. While Comfort mode is supposed to be the sedate one the car easily overtook the opposition on NH8.
  • In Sport mode and Sport+ it has been designed up, they say, to be an enthusiasts car. The acceleration in these modes renders a throaty growl which I believe is a mix of the real sound and some synthetic touches. The car runs hugging the road.
  • The feature I loved best is that the ground clearance can be raised at will from 147mm to 177mm. When you approach the car (with the key in your pocket) it raises up by 30mm thus making ingress easier. Similarly the GC can be adjusted for rough terrain or speed breakers.
  • The quietness of the drive, insulation of sound is outstanding. It has active noise control for the cabin.
  • The 360 degree camera is very useful for such a long car.
  • Rear view is restricted. And turning your neck back (the traditional way) for reversing is of little use.
  • 10 speed gearbox for smoothness of acceleration
  • 2 electric motors for better traction and acceleration.

Observations in the rear seat:
  • Multiple massage options controlled from the centre arm rest touch screen.
  • Almost full reclining for the left side rear pax seat with the front pax seat doubling up on itself to crouch in the front. Not sure how a seat belt would work with the sahib almost prostate.
  • 28 combinations for seat adjustment in the front. In an earlier generation Premier Padmini offered you one combination and you'd better like it buster.
  • Engine is almost fully covered in insulation material to drown out sounds.
  • Dickey space is limited for a car this size - blame the hybrid batteries.

Sold in India so far ~35.

PS: Just because I went for a test drive does not mean my pay grade qualifies for this car. But if any of you folks buying it and need help with test driving my services are available for free

Last edited by V.Narayan : 9th May 2018 at 22:54.
V.Narayan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 10:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Lexus LS 500h Nishijin variant launched at Rs 2.22 crore, a Rs 3.10 lakh premium over the standard car.

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-smartselect_20210119103747_chrome.jpg

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-smartselect_20210119102929_chrome.jpg

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-smartselect_20210119103330_chrome.jpg

The Lexus LS 500h Nishijin is named after a place in Japan called Nishijin, a district in Kyoto, famous for its traditional craftsmanship. The updates to the Nishijin variants include a new paint job, a special interior and a minor cosmetic update.

Quote:
On the inside, the Nishijin variant gets ‘Nishijin and Haku’ interiors, said to resemble the ocean on a full moon day. There are silver threads which play the role of ‘shimmering waves’ while the Haku — a platinum metal foil — represents the ‘moonlight shining on waves’. Fancy lingo aside, the interior does look good, but it isn’t too different from the standard LS 500h.

Under the hood, the Nishijin variant retains the powertrain from the standard LS 500h, which is a 3.5-litre turbocharged V6, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission, sending power to the rear wheels only. The 3456cc engine along with the electric motors, churn out a combined output of 354bhp and 350Nm of torque. Thanks to this, it can do a 0-100kmph sprint in just 5.4 seconds.

P.B.Venugopal, president, Lexus India said, “Following the positive response of the LS 500h in India, we are delighted to unveil the new Nishijin variant and improvements to the flagship model. These upgrades keep in line with the sophistication and craftsmanship of the Lexus LS 500h flagship luxury model and will deliver optimum performance with cutting-edge technologies while keeping in mind the environmental benefits and the sought-after comfort of our guests. We are excited to see the response to this new and luxurious variant in the Indian market.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th January 2021 at 10:39.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 23:59   #68
BHPian

Spotted this LS 500H early morning the other day in Bangalore. The car had a unique registration plate with the words "BYE 230 A" and had a sticker on the rear glass that said it was on test by ARAI.

There seemed to be cameras all over the car too. It was chauffeur driven and parked for a long time at a busy junction by the side of the road while someone in the rear seat was busy crunching numbers on a laptop.
Attached Thumbnails
The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-img20240124080029.jpg  

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-img20240124080035.jpg  

kesh4munni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 00:16   #69
BHPian

Re: Toyota Land Cruiser 250 launched at 28L in Japan | How can we import to India without Toyota's h

Not sure if its the right thread to ask, Mods please move it if needed

Today I witnessed a Lexus LS 500h vehicle with a strange test attachment (excuse me for lack of knowledge if its commonly known, since i stay in PCMC and close vicinity of Tata, Mahindra, Mercedes, Skoda/Volkswagen haven't seen anything like this so far). Can someone explain what is it for?
Attached Thumbnails
The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-img_20240421_001041.jpg  

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-img_20240421_001029.jpg  

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-img_20240421_000954.jpg  

The Lexus LS 500h - Now launched at Rs 1.77 crores-img_20240421_000941.jpg  

Old 21st April 2024, 01:57   #70
BHPian

Re: Toyota Land Cruiser 250 launched at 28L in Japan | How can we import to India without Toyota's h

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
Not sure if its the right thread to ask, Mods please move it if needed

Today I witnessed a Lexus LS 500h vehicle with a strange test attachment (excuse me for lack of knowledge if its commonly known, since i stay in PCMC and close vicinity of Tata, Mahindra, Mercedes, Skoda/Volkswagen haven't seen anything like this so far). Can someone explain what is it for?
Looks to be LIDAR setup used for autonomous driving.
Similar Lexus already have autonomous driving in other countries and possibly may need to be tested/calibrated for Indian conditions, I suppose.
GreenerPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 09:53   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
This is done by Map Apps to update their data base. Have seen such vehicles when google maps was implementing street view. They genreally try to take street view pictures once every few years to update their data.

Checkout this link
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 10:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
This is done by Map Apps to update their data base. Have seen such vehicles when google maps was implementing street view. They genreally try to take street view pictures once every few years to update their data.
The ones I saw for the google maps update had a different module fitted on the roof, plus the vehicles used did not seem to be in the range of Lexus hence the curiosity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks