Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 11:45   #31
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
+1.
One of the reasons why I sold off my Lazarus (Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!) was the pathetic ABS system, which simply failed to kick in at 80+ speeds more than once and was a cause of huge alarm on the highways.
Off topic, but have to ask - How does the overall braking experience on your current steed (XUV, I think) compare to the Creta?
Old 15th December 2017, 11:58   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Off topic, but have to ask - How does the overall braking experience on your current steed (XUV, I think) compare to the Creta?
OT:

Much better, specially on the highways. In fact, the XUV's brakes feel too enthusiastic sometimes (grabby & with a nose dive, if you are not careful).

The Creta's brakes aren't a cause for concern inside the city up to 50-ish speeds. It's when you hit the highway and cross 80 kmph, that's when the apprehension starts.

It's an inherent problem with the ABS unit, not the brakes per se. And it surfaces at most of the wrong moments.

Feedback is that it's a more frequent occurrence in petrol Cretas.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 08:09   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

This is Hyundai's new ix35 for China .

Front grill of the camouflaged face-lift Creta is vaguely similar to its Chinese sibling!

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkghafoz4q2avhieaalpsbu8ifo194.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkghzvoz4quarmlwaalr8hava8s151.jpg

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th December 2017 at 08:12.
Old 18th December 2017, 08:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

This ix35 isn't same as Creta. Creta is known as ix25 in China.

The above one is a mix of Audi A3(Headlights), Jeep Compass(Side Profile), Ford Ecosport(Rear Quarter Window), Maruti VitaraBrezza(Rear Profile).

Doesn't look as good as other Hyundai's. Hope this is for China only.

Expect the Creta FL to be a much better looker then this one as well as current one on sale.

AFAIK, the ix35 is/was the previous gen Tuscon. Image for reference,
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-hyundaiix35201117.jpg
CarguyNish is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 13:00   #35
BHPian

The ix35 is the Tuscon variant sold in some parts of the world (http://www.hyundai.com/gt/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html). Creta is an ix25 variant.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 02:26   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught on the streets of Chennai by a Cartoq reader.

Quote:
The facelifted Creta gets minor changes on the outside but these are subtle. The headlamps are updated and the grille (with cascading effect) and bumpers are all new. The mid spec S versions get slightly different alloy wheels as well, as seen in the images. We are told even the top end SX (O) and SX Plus get a new black treatment for the diamond cut alloy wheels. The rear of the new 2018 Creta is more or less same with minor revisions to the bumper.
The interiors of the new 2018 Hyundai Creta will have updated versions of the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with minor additions to the feature list.
Like the new 2017 Verna, the 1.6 diesel unit will get revised mapping to offer the same torque at lower engine revs which will help drivers during slow speed driving and city commutes.
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-newhyundaicretafaceliftimagessideprofile6.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-newhyundaicretafaceliftimagessideprofile2.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-newhyundaicretafaceliftimagessideprofile3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 01:15   #37
BHPian

IMO they should offer the Elantra petrol engine in this in the top spec auto. Seeing the rising demand of petrol cars and cretas premium image in peoples mindset it could really do well for the people who want a practical, feature loaded, no nonsense refined car.
Obviously they'll have to add many features to make it an enticing option.
It could pull some customers from the Jeep compass bracket and some who were looking at a petrol sedan but were doubtful due to bad road conditions in India.
Plus currently there is no major competition in petrol power in this price bracket. The duster CVT is just SAD.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 13:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Caught on the streets of Chennai by a Cartoq reader[/url].
Any tentative timeline we have come to know on when the car would be launched ? Is it worth waiting for if one is looking at 1-2 months period to buy a new car especially Creta?
Old 20th February 2018, 14:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India

I am on the verge of buying a Creta 1.6 Diesel and enquired with all dealers and even Hyundai directly on the Creta facelift. Unfortunately no one has any idea of the timeline! And since Hyundai has not even showcased the facelift in Autoexpo, I think it is at least 2-3 months away, or even a September Festive launch. They have enough buzz with the i20 facelift and the new Verna,
So they can easily space out the Creta facelift for later. Plus the Creta sells around 7-9k every month, so there is no real need to rush.

I am going ahead and booking the current one since there is no definitive timeline in sight.
Old 20th February 2018, 15:10   #40
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I am on the verge of buying a Creta 1.6 Diesel and enquired with all dealers and even Hyundai directly on the Creta facelift. Unfortunately no one has any idea of the timeline! And since Hyundai has not even showcased the facelift in Autoexpo, I think it is at least 2-3 months away, or even a September Festive launch. They have enough buzz with the i20 facelift and the new Verna,
So they can easily space out the Creta facelift for later. Plus the Creta sells around 7-9k every month, so there is no real need to rush.

I am going ahead and booking the current one since there is no definitive timeline in sight.
Go ahead and book it. I feel they would launch it only during the festive season. Dont see the need for a refresh for a call that is selling well.

Also, Hyundai is known for reducing features in the later iterations. So you should be better off with the current iteration.
Old 20th February 2018, 17:15   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Any tentative timeline we have come to know on when the car would be launched?
Quote:
I think it is at least 2-3 months away, or even a September Festive launch.
Sources are positive about a mid-August 2018 launch.

Quote:
Go ahead. You won't be missing much, except for a hike in pricing for the very-mild cosmetic facelift.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:33   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
For a layman, this facelift wont make a significant difference unless they add some missing features. I feel these will be added:

1) Android auto and Apple carplay (already there in the current gen. The initial batch didn't have them).
2) Auto wipers/headlights.
3) All 4 disc brakes.
4) DTE, instantaneous fuel economy.
5) Cruise control.
6) Sunroof (doubtful)
7) Ventilated seats (again doubtful. Can push the price even further).
8) 60:40 rear seat (Hyundai will be least interested in that).

Wish they work on the gear ratios, steering and most importantly those horrific brakes but I feel these wont be touched. A redesigned bumper, LED tail lights and new grill. Somehow cosmetic changes are more important than mechanical changes here . Exterior wise If Hyundai is coming with the same car like the one in the picture, then I am happy with my current car .

Attachment 1704466
Good observations, Naveen. The probable updates don't make me wish for an upgrade. Totally agree with you - I'm happy with my current car as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Instead of above features, I would be more happy to see Automatic option being made available in SX(O) variant - 6 airbags, ESC, VSM and HAC...
Spot on! This is, by far, the biggest grouch I have with Hyundai as well. It is criminal to not offer the automatic in the top-spec variant, especially given the increasing propensity with which the Indian buyer is adopting automatics!
Old 6th March 2018, 11:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Caught the Creta testing just now. Clicked some pics and a video. Pardon the quality as I was driving. Hope they don't ruin the beautiful top end of the 1.6 diesel with too much focus on low-end torque. I don't see much changes in the facelift.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-20180306_111849_hdr.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-20180306_111833_hdr.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-20180306_111838_hdr.jpg

Old 6th March 2018, 13:18   #44
BHPian

I'm confused. If the changes are mostly cosmetic, why are they testing it extensively? The spottings began almost 8months back.
Old 6th March 2018, 14:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Just an evil thought. A reverse marketing case when a competitor drives a few of the existing best sellers in partially covered test vehicles all over India, so that prospective buyers hold off their purchase hoping to get a newer version
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks