Team-BHP - Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/193223-hyundai-creta-facelift-starts-testing-india-edit-launched-rs-9-43-lakhs-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4400652)
Some more pics of the face-lift Creta

Link

The front certainly looks better than the previous version. Pity Hyundai decided not to touch the rear. If the front and side profiles look appealing, the rear nullifies it altogether. The tail lamp designs could certainly have been improved.

I am really surprised, as many others are, as to why Hyundai didn't load the SX AT with all the bells and whistles. I mean, Automatic has to sit right at the top- not only in terms of price positioning, but also in terms of features. But why would Hyundai care till the time it's clocking 10000+ numbers month-on-month?

Regards,
Pratyush

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 4400658)
That's a static bending lamp (in Hyundai terminology) which illuminates the sideways while taking turns. Its function is depicted in below example.

In simple terms this is the cornering lamp which is already present in the Current Creta from SX variant upwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 4400658)
That's a static bending lamp (in Hyundai terminology) which illuminates the sideways while taking turns. Its function is depicted in below example.

Thanks, I know the location of static bending lamps as I have it on my i20 as well. But if you check the red portion I've marked, it's where the indicator lamps are and I presumed either the top or bottom bit is the park lamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4400676)
Isn't that the indicator? Sorry if I'm missing something!

Yes, that's the indicator and I presumed that one of them is the park lamp in my earlier post. But after looking at the images posted by Silverfire, I can see those are indicators. If the DRLs also act as park lamps at night, it's gonna be a bit weird, not to mention dangerous. It's very hard to judge the size of the car on a dark night with just DRLs ON and with the DRLs at the bottom, it's gonna be hard to judge the size of the Creta on a dark night. In my opinion, they should have given a set of park lamps in the headlight set up or made the 'eyebrows' light up like the Tucson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftdiesel (Post 4400743)
Yes, that's the indicator and I presumed that one of them is the park lamp in my earlier post.

A clear image with details of what is where. :)

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-fb_img_1526388851927.jpg

Couple of images of the car in black
Source: motoroids

The Face looks impressive in the latest pictures, much better than earlier Chinese/Brazilian model pictures.

The creases in the bumper, the highlighting around the grille, and the CLA Type lower bash plate, give this a much more aggressive look than the outgoing model. Impressive!

While the looks appear to offend none and liked by most others, I wish Hyundai provided disc brakes on all four wheels with this face lift. Poor braking, especially in the AT, is something that most creta owners have complained. It's sad to see that such a nice car has poor brakes. What is one going to do with a nice engine without enough stopping power or confidence diminishing brakes? I haven't personally driven the Creta, but since many users are complaining, I thought it was a good chance for Hyundai to address the matter given is premium positioning.

That front grill reminds me of elder Tuscon and Endavour.
This Italic H is taking me to straight H on alloy wheels.

An FB member posted a small video in the Hyundai Creta group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4003...7282944671590/

Thanks to Liyen Permey for the video

2018 Creta facelift shot from up close by Prashant Chahar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrTKxJwKFs

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4401586)
2018 Creta facelift shot from up close by Prashant Chahar.

Those lighting effects on the DRLs around the fog, are they standard?

The new diamond cut alloy design looks cool and the sun roof will address a weakness in features that the Creta had. This is a deal breaker for a suprising number of buyers.

Drive on,
Shibu

Do they have an embargo in place to not show the insides?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibujp (Post 4401610)
Those lighting effects on the DRLs around the fog, are they standard?

If I got your question right, I guess you misunderstood the blinking DRLs that you see on the video. It's a standard DRL setup but it blinks on camera as the refresh rate of the camera lens is much higher than our human eye. So, yeah, they're not lighting effects as you'd imagined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftdiesel (Post 4401655)
Do they have an embargo in place to not show the insides?

If I got your question right, I guess you misunderstood the blinking DRLs that you see on the video. It's a standard DRL setup but it blinks on camera as the refresh rate of the camera lens is much higher than our human eye. So, yeah, they're not lighting effects as you'd imagined.

Ah yes. Makes sense. I had noticed a couple of Cretas here having similar after market effects.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Hyundai India is expected to launch the 2018 Creta facelift on May 22, 2018.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-exclusivehyundaicretafacelift8.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-exclusivehyundaicretafacelift9.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-exclusivehyundaicretafacelift10.jpg
(Source)

Quote:

Hyundai will offer the new Creta in monotone and dual-tone colour options. While there isn’t much to differentiate between the insides of the pre-facelift model and the facelift model, all variants of the refreshed Creta get dual airbags and ABS as standard. A dual-tone interior trim is likely to feature on models that get a dual-tone exterior.
The top-spec SX (O) trim sports features like six airbags, a powered sunroof, a six-way adjustable powered driver’s seat, cruise control, an AVN infotainment system with an IPS display, 17-inch alloy wheels and LED DRLs. However, it does not get the option of an automatic transmission. This means that automatic variants of the Creta facelift will additionally (and unfortunately) miss out on a smart key band and wireless charging support.
Dealers have already begun accepting bookings for the car and deliveries are being promised sometime at end of May or early next month, depending on the selected variant.
ACI

My cousin has booked the Top End Petrol Automatic variant in Bangalore.

The dealer has promised him delivery by end of this month and he expects the On-Road price between 17-17.5 lacs.