Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2018, 13:45   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

First Drive reports from Overdrive and Autocar

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2018-hyu...-drive-review/

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-408461

Few pics from the same links.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicreta26.jpg  

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicreta31.jpg  

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicreta25.jpg  

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-hyundaicretafrontaction.jpg  

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-hyundaicretasideaction.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 19:36   #212
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Overdrive and CarAndBike have come out with their reviews.

A midlife facelift to retain it's position and stand ground against competition as well as KIA SP.
The car has a better front facia.
Sadly no LED tail lamps.
Added kit on top variants like sunroof, cruise control, wireless charging.
Wearable smart key with fitness tracker.
Variants reshuffled from 7 to 5.
Hyundai claims 13 new changes to the car.
Top safety features are reserved for top variants only.
Weirdly ISOFIX and split rear seats only on SX Auto variants.
Auto Link available only on SX Dual Tone. The top variant doesn't gets it as per Hyundai brochure. Who does the feature distribution at Hyundai?

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-cretafeatures.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-cretapetrol.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-cretadiesel.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 25th May 2018 at 20:00.
PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 20:54   #213
Team-BHP Support

Stripping low/mid variants of features is one thing - not necessarily acceptable but understandable from a profit/margin perspective - but shortchanging someone paying top dollar for the most expensive variants is absolute nonsense.

Top variants missing basic functional (split-folding seats) and safety features (ISOFIX mounts) available on lower variants, no top-end automatic on a product that has no pricing excuses to make, what are their product planners smoking?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 22:02   #214
Senior - BHPian

As expected, the top end has weakened in the 1.6 diesel according to Autocar. Here's a walkaround and inside view of the SX(O) variant that's got all the bells and whistles. I really love the wireless charging pad - looks very futurisitc and should look cool at night.

Old 26th May 2018, 06:54   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Stripping low/mid variants of features is one thing - not necessarily acceptable but understandable from a profit/margin perspective - but shortchanging someone paying top dollar for the most expensive variants is absolute nonsense.

.......what are their product planners smoking?
Last year when I test drove the Creta, the showroom had the SX(O) as the test drive vehicle. After the TD, while discussing pricing etc with the SA & in the feedback form he provided me, I made a mention of the top end Diesel Auto SX+ not having the safety features that Creta provided in the SX(O). The SA told me that this was a common complaint from a lot of people interested in the top end Automatics (D & P) and that the company was aware of this.

It seems that they have repeated this foolishness in the face lift. How much would it really cost Hyundai to introduce the SX(O) Auto variants in Diesel & Petrol for its Indian customer who is wholeheartedly in love with the Creta.

There must be a lot of people who are skipping the Creta all together due to this and jumping one segment ahead into the Compass variants.

Fortunately they did not repeat this foolishness in the Tucson that was later launched. Unfortunately due to their greedy pricing strategy, a sure shot hit, the Tucson which gets glowing reviews from most reviewers - Indian & International, is now an also ran.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 08:24   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I made a mention of the top end Diesel Auto SX+ not having the safety features that Creta provided in the SX(O).

It seems that they have repeated this foolishness in the face lift. How much would it really cost Hyundai to introduce the SX(O) Auto variants in Diesel & Petrol for its Indian customer who is wholeheartedly in love with the Creta.
There are an other set of customers who have been awestruck by the creta and did not think of any other car while buying it. Just yesterday, while delivering a creta, the customer told me that she wanted the automatic SX(O) variant and had been waiting keenly for it to be added in the facelift. But due to it not happening, She then chose the manual SX(O) just for the couple of extra features it had to offer (not the the extra airbags). This shows that people are ready to compromise on their automatic transmission for some extra features too.

On a side note: I would rather pick up an automatic if I was her as I will enjoy the extra features for the first two days but on the third day I will truly miss the automatic transmission (not that I won't need the extra airbags)
Raahil_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 12:29   #217
BHPian

To those who have seen it in flesh - Has Hyundai gotten away with the request senor buttons on door handles in favor of the touch based ones a la the new ecosport?? Not able to spot it in the images..
Old 26th May 2018, 13:21   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post

There must be a lot of people who are skipping the Creta all together due to this and jumping one segment ahead into the Compass variants.
Precisely the reason I went ahead with the XUV instead of the Creta. I eagerly waited for the facelift launch with a hope that the top-spec Automatic will come loaded with all safety features along with other bells and whistles. Creta was indeed my first and to some extend the ONLY choice till as recent as 1st week of May. It did fit the bill in terms of size, driveablity, space and look. However, Hyundai decided not to pay heed to the market's demands and went ahead with same botched up variant offerings.
If I am paying some 18L for a car, I must get 6 airbags along with all other safety features. I will rather trade the sunroof, wireless charging and smart band for additional 4 airbags.

Once Creta was out of the equation, I decided to go ahead with the XUV W11 (O) AT and am now more than happy with my decision. It did rob my pocket of some additional money, but then I got much more than what I had initially desired for.

Regards,
Pratyush

Last edited by prince0407 : 26th May 2018 at 13:23.
prince0407 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 15:42   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
To those who have seen it in flesh - Has Hyundai gotten away with the request senor buttons on door handles in favor of the touch based ones a la the new ecosport?? Not able to spot it in the images..
I haven't seen it in the flesh but I know for sure that the request sensor is the same from the previous Creta. Nothing has changed.

Check out the video I've posted above at 2:21.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 23:09   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
As expected, the top end has weakened in the 1.6 diesel according to Autocar. Here's a walkaround and inside view of the SX(O) variant that's got all the bells and whistles. I really love the wireless charging pad - looks very futurisitc and should look cool at night.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=a1mgx1-hDGg
In layman's terms, what exactly is a week top end ? I can understand a weak bottom end which i believe is the turbo lag seen in lower rpms, does a weak top end mean power dropping off earlier than ideal rpm range. Can someone englighten me on how exactly it reflects on the driving behaviour, please ?
Old 28th May 2018, 10:51   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
In layman's terms, what exactly is a week top end ? I can understand a weak bottom end which i believe is the turbo lag seen in lower rpms, does a weak top end mean power dropping off earlier than ideal rpm range. Can someone englighten me on how exactly it reflects on the driving behaviour, please ?
Well, simply put, a weak top end constitutes a lack of eagerness of the engine to propel the car at higher RPMs. The higher up the RPM you go, the less eager the engine will be and it will be evident when you drive a car with such nature. This is in contrast to an engine with a weak low end that provides great top end performance. It's all a matter of winning some and losing some. You win some at the low end, you're gonna lose some at the top and vice versa.

It's a balancing act for manufacturers to provide an acceptable performance across the RPM range. Some engines are adaptable and provide decent performance across the rev range like the Creta's 1.6 diesel and even the 1.4 diesel on the i20 (one of the reasons I bought the i20). Some engines aren't very adaptable and their weakness will be glaringly evident when you drive them.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:46   #222
BHPian

Has anybody test driven the facelift Creta? If yes, any feedbacks on the braking aspect? I guess no change has been done to mechanicals. I asked for a TD of the facelift and the response was that it is still not available. offered for TD of old model!
Old 28th May 2018, 16:34   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Has anybody test driven the facelift Creta? If yes, any feedbacks on the braking aspect? I guess no change has been done to mechanicals. I asked for a TD of the facelift and the response was that it is still not available. offered for TD of old model!
I've placed an order for the top variant manual black color. Getting it for the family and I need one with 6 air bags. I can only tell you how it drives once I take the delivery which is expected sometime next week. Then again I never test drove the car before, so can't comment.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 19:38   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked out the new Creta as I had given our i10 for service. Asked wife to spot the differences and she only spotted the front grille. Didn't notice the new alloys, rear changes, powered seats, cruise control, wireless charger, sliding armrest (I know am finding faults here ).

Coming back to my thoughts:
1) I didn't like the front grille at first but it tends to look pretty OK.The edge is a bit Audi-ish (near the headlights). But those slats are a big no no for me.
2) The alloys also didn't excite me much.
3) The rear skid plates are too big and guess that was discussed here (mixed reactions).
4) Powered seats - Super feature (I hate when my wife drags the seat all the way forward ).
5) Cruise control - Useless for my driving condition.
6) Sunroof - A good addition but again something that won't be missed. Wife loved it.
7) Wireless charger - The pad looked cheap/aftermarket-ish, but an useful addition.
8) Android Auto - I will surely miss that.
9) Steering wheel - I felt it to a bit small and thick. Sort of reminded me of our Ford Ikon Nxt Finesse model (That had the best steering wheel according to me). But guess this is something similar to the new Verna (I could be wrong also).
10) Some useful additions in the instrument cluster (DTE, Range etc).
11) Auto dimming IRVM - Boy, I will definitely miss that.

According to me, they should have used a silver finish on the grille instead of the chrome (like the Audi), no slats on the grille (keep it like the first gen), less chrome inside the headlight, tail lights similar to the Tucson/i20/Verna/Elantra, smaller skid plate in the rear, better alloys (this looks from the Honda stable). For the interiors, everything seems fine except for the hard plastics but I would have used a black roof liner. Guess, these are few things only BHPians would approve, LOL.

I didn't see any TD vehicles there and moreover our SA wasn't there. Will be going to collect the car tomorrow so will check if TD is available. Also, I couldn't see any public checking out the Creta. All were busy checking the Verna and the i20. Guess they know it's a bit too expensive now.

Now for the big question - Will I buy it? Personally, I wouldn't buy it as the budget is not within my reach. My car itself was expensive 3 years ago, even for the introductory price but that was an ideal upgrade from Ecosport that time. I would vote for that 1.6 diesel mill anyday!
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 11:31   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Now for the big question - Will I buy it? Personally, I wouldn't buy it as the budget is not within my reach. My car itself was expensive 3 years ago, even for the introductory price but that was an ideal upgrade from Ecosport that time. I would vote for that 1.6 diesel mill anyday!
what would you rather buy then? I am furious with Hyundai repeating the same mistake with petrol auto variant again. My buying decision is on hold now as am not satisfied with what Creta is offering in auto(SX O manual features are acceptable if those were offered on auto with same price point).

Not sure which auto options are better than Creta now even If I had to choose amongst the sedans(not convinced with city, verna, yaris).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed