Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 11:03   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH. Damn thing is smoother than butter.
Tell me about it. I did not test drive the Creta petrol but test drove the Verna petrol couple of days back and came back so damn impressed. I never expected Hyundai petrols to be so damn good as they are usually associated with their diesel engines.
Old 7th June 2018, 16:12   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH.
Just one question, how are the brakes? Are they like what it was earlier or have they got better bite? My sister is considering Creta Petrol Automatic.
Old 7th June 2018, 16:30   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Just one question, how are the brakes? Are they like what it was earlier or have they got better bite? My sister is considering Creta Petrol Automatic.

Very valid question.

Have been driving a Petrol Manual for almost three years now and the only thing i dislike is the braking, particularly when the ABS kicks in at places where you need the feel of braking most. Otherwise i have no issues at all.

In case the bite is better, i will go for the new model.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 17:41   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gosh, one word that comes to mind after driving the Creta Petrol is SMOOTH.
Factor in the 2 lacs price difference for the 1.6 diesel motor in the same trim and the petrol becomes a no-brainer for most people!

Last edited by manson : 7th June 2018 at 17:56.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 19:08   #245
BHPian

Do you think Hyundai will come up with a fully loaded Automatic variant for the festive season?? Its kind of silly for them to drop the leather seats, airbags, Stability control etc .. they have all the components any which ways.

Sometimes I wonder what kicks their marketing department would have got by splitting the features across SX, SX(O) and SX Dual Tone. Am sure they would have spent an awful lot of time discussing each such detail and justifying why one feature here or there would make such a huge difference .. jeez .. just put everything in and give customers a true top end variant. Someone spending 15-16L will not mind spending some more. Perhaps it makes sense for the lower variants where price sensitivity would be a bit more I guess.
kimmig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:19   #246
BHPian

Friend is looking for Certa SX(O) petrol. Got this quote from Modi Motor Mumbai. Dealer saying cannot get insurance done from outside. Anyone who bought SX(O) petrol tell me the insurance amount they paid? Also couldn't understand these Depo Charges and RTO HYP charges. Additionally what all can be waived off?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 5167
Size:  67.7 KB
Old 8th June 2018, 16:51   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Friend is looking for Certa SX(O) petrol. Got this quote from Modi Motor Mumbai. Dealer saying cannot get insurance done from outside. Anyone who bought SX(O) petrol tell me the insurance amount they paid? Also couldn't understand these Depo Charges and RTO HYP charges. Additionally what all can be waived off?
I just booked the SX petrol automatic this week and after having checked with 3 different dealers, I could figure out that I didn't have much chances of getting a bargain except the insurance part.

Every dealer uniformly quoted around 65k for the zero depreciation insurance - almost as if they were in a cartel. I persisted with the request of my own insurance arrangement. Finally managed to get the same zero depreciation bumper to bumper at 46k. That's a cool 19k knocked off.

Plus by pitting the three dealers against each other, also managed the basic accessories free. That's worth around 3k as per them, though I doubt that mud flaps and floor mats actually cost that much.

I would strongly recommend that you don't give in on the insurance part, and go for your own arrangement. That's your only chance of any real saving. This 2.5-3k on basic accessories is all eyewash.

All the best
gvivek75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 17:53   #248
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1769591
Here is what I have seen,

Dealers quote the RTO amount as lump sum. Ask them for the breakup. Just for example, the road tax on this is 12% and the road safety cess is 2% of the road tax. So it comes to Rs. 166590. They are charging Rs. 1051 extra here. Could be agent brokerage charges or the registration fees. I would say that is a fair amount and it offsets the effort you would have to put to get registration done on your own

Insurance quote can be as low as 45k from HDFC ergo or some other companies. You can reduce it 30-40% more if you transfer the NCB from an old car that you are selling.

Handling or depot charges are illegal but they will not admit it

Hypothecation charges are valid only if you are going for loan. Else minus that

Mats are optional. Try to get it for free or get it outside.

Definitely get the 4th and 5th year extended warranty

Road side assistance is optional. You can drop that. Your insurance would also be covering the same.

You may choose to get those number plates. It's not mandatory. They only need to provide the registration papers

Fast tag is mandatory. Costs Rs. 200 and some deposit. They may be charging 100-200 extra here. But you can ignore it.

Call up Hyundai customer care and tell them about the extra charges. Mostly they will take you in conference with the dealer and ultimately the extra charges will get dropped off. Another thing to do is talk to 2-3 dealers and create competition on who wants to take the business. When it comes to showing a sale, they will probably not offer discount but will not insist on the optional charges either. Biggest saving of at least 20k will be on insurance.

Last edited by aviraj : 8th June 2018 at 18:07.
aviraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 11:45   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Here is what I have seen,

Call up Hyundai customer care and tell them about the extra charges. Mostly they will take you in conference with the dealer and ultimately the extra charges will get dropped off. Another thing to do is talk to 2-3 dealers and create competition on who wants to take the business. When it comes to showing a sale, they will probably not offer discount but will not insist on the optional charges either. Biggest saving of at least 20k will be on insurance.
It couldn't have got better than this. You have presented it in a much simple way and it will help a lot while negotiating with the dealer. I am expecting the delivery of my XUV next week and am still negotiating with the dealer on few fronts. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 20:59   #250
BHPian

The specs list hill hold assist only for the top variant. So how do we drive up a slope in an automatic car without the hill hold feature?
Old 10th June 2018, 21:28   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
The specs list hill hold assist only for the top variant. So how do we drive up a slope in an automatic car without the hill hold feature?
You use the brake. The torque converter is more than enough for the half second transition to the accelerator, unless you're stopping multiple time on a steep incline.

AMTs need handbrake technique like in manual cars.
Old 11th June 2018, 00:29   #252
BHPian

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Quote:

Attachment 1769591

Dump them. Get another dealer who will not insist onthe insurance angle. I managed to do the insurance at my end last week and got delivery of my car within ten days. Modi Hyundai will waste your time. If you need any help on the same, pm me - will give you the details.
Old 11th June 2018, 08:27   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
..AMTs need handbrake technique like in manual cars.
Not for all cars with AMT. Duster diesel AMT comes with hill hold assist, which is indeed a very useful feature.
Old 11th June 2018, 10:40   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
When you release brakes in an AT car (torque converter), the car moves ahead. This creates enough momentum to hold the car on a normal to steep incline. For instance, my basement parking entrance has a 15-20 degree incline and the car can hold itself forever without brakes if in D mode. Needless to say, the car can easily take off from that position if you gently tap the A pedal.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 18:24   #255
BHPian

Thanks Rayjaycleoful and nonstop-driver.

That clarifies the issue for me. So, unless it's like the powai kailash complex slope in Mumbai (steep climb + two lanes becoming single lane + junction at the top of the slope), I guess I can do without the hill hold feature.
RedHerring is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks