Team-BHP - Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/193223-hyundai-creta-facelift-starts-testing-india-edit-launched-rs-9-43-lakhs-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 4414337)

Is it possible to change the dealer after the vehicle is allotted?

As long as the car isn't registered, your friend can cancel the booking.

I'd advise to book with another dealership and send an email of this fiasco to Hyundai India with updated booking details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4415321)
On the efficiency front I do think Hyundai is behind most of the others. I have never heard astounding figures on a Hyundai Diesel. But I am more than happy with 13-15 in the City and around 16-18 in the highway, considering driving conditions.

On the other hand the Hyundai petrols are not efficient at all. One of the reasons why Verna petrols do not hold their resale values well, but the diesel Verna command a pretty good resale value.

Coming back to the Creta, yes the steering is quite light and that may not be good thing in the highway. In the City its a boon though!

Also on the back seat ride quality or the general ride quality of the car, I think its pretty mature and sorted. It does not have the wallowy or bouncy nature of some SUVs and neither is it too stiff. I would rate it as very comfortable. For sure this is no German Sedan, but it does most things right.

My remapped verna 1.6 gives 20-21 on highways and speed hovers around 120-140. I drive my verna daily to office ( faridabad to gurgaon) and it mixed driving ( city/highway ) , mileage i get is around 16-17. I use to own a remapped swift 1.3 and it only gave me max 16 during office trips. I can easily say hyundai 1.6 is far better in performance plus mileage as well. And also one thing to be noted my speed hover around 80-120 on daily office drives. I simply love the performance of 1.6 crdi , its revs like petrol. I will be going for dyno run in a month or so and will post the numbers here.

Visited the Hyundai dealership to book the Tucson CRDi today that was being purchased in my family, at the same time sneaked to check the New-Creta.

Bulky bumper and new tail light design are major changes at the rear
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110446.jpg

Reflector design change with a larger in size faux-skid plate at the base. 4 parking sensors at the rear still retained
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110450.jpg

New Tail light - Close up. I like them a lot over the older generation
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110455.jpg

Rear 3 quarter view. Not many changes except sleeker look thanks to the roof rails that are more body-hugging rather than 'UV' like
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110503.jpg

17" New alloy wheel. I don't like these but prefer the older model diamond cut ones but that's just me.
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110509.jpg

Wireless charging pad
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110530.jpg

Instrumentation Console, MID has been re-designed with better graphics and major plus is the inclusion of FE data (Missed an image)
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110537.jpg

RHS Steering controls. I literally miss that damn cruise control on my Creta
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110541__01.jpg

Power-adjustable seats
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110720.jpg

Sunroof
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110724.jpg

Central map light ON/OFF switch moved ahead to accommodate the Sunroof switch. Also seen is the Auto-dimming IRVM that was missing in the older model
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110731.jpg

Front-end. Not to my taste at all
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110811.jpg

L.A.R.G.E front grille with chrome border
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110816.jpg

Re-designed headlight unit. I prefer the older model design for its clean and un-cluttered look.
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110823.jpg

DRL + redesigned fog lamps
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180624_110826.jpg

PS: Apologise for the poor quality images. Was shot on my mobile.

Out here in Coimbatore (at Golden Hyundai) there is no test drive vehicle for the new Creta.
The dealers only have started taking bookings. The display in the showroom was a silver color lower trim new Creta. So could NOT checkout much on the features.

Test drove the old creta (SX diesel) and liked the suspension of the Old Creta, soft when compared to my 9 year old Ritz :uncontrol

I am planning to upgrade from Ritz and looking out for a SUV'ish cars.
Most of the reviews suggest to take Diesel as the weight, engine and other things are good in the diesel than the petrol.
Any Creta owners can you please confirm this?

Here it is 45 days waiting. I am planning to buy the White colored SX(o) variant.
Sad part is Automatic does not have the top end. Interestingly, no 60:40 split. I am not sure what has the engine config got to do with the seat splits :deadhorse

My running would be daily 50 kms up and down from office and daily errants.
Please suggest which color would be the best in the new Creta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4419325)
Sad part is Automatic does not have the top end. Interestingly, no 60:40 split. I am not sure what has the engine config got to do with the seat splits :deadhorse

The automatic does have the 60-40 split. It is present only in the auto version of the SX and not in ANY of the manual versions. Strange indeed.

Any feedback on the facelifted Creta 1.4 diesel? Information about incremental refinements etc.

Here is the quotation that I got for the SX(O) diesel variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4420924)
Here is the quotation that I got for the SX(O) diesel variant.

Wow. That's a lakh costlier than the pre-facelift version SX(O).

Did you try to get insurance from outside? IMHO you'll save around 15-18K easily if done outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4420998)
Wow. That's a lakh costlier than the pre-facelift version SX(O).

Did you try to get insurance from outside? IMHO you'll save around 15-18K easily if done outside.

I am not sure why they are charging for accessories. I guess the fully loaded SX(O) version comes with mud flaps and other things.

Also, the dealer says there is some cash discount of 5k if I book before Saturday. Also, he said he will give car cover and floor mats (which of course is of no use).
I need to check with them what accessories they are providing for 3k which I may not want.

Caught an unregistered Creta 1.4S parked. Took a few snaps to show the potential differences with the ubiquitous SX & SX(O) :)

Radiator grill is 'black and silver' not 'black and chrome'
Body-coloured rear hatch (no chrome)
The new LED DRLs+ fog-lamps
Normal silver alloys (not dual tone)
Halogen headlamps
Goodyear Assurance tyres

Saw the new blue one too. Looks different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4421110)
Saw the new blue one too. Looks different.

Hows the blue color? Does it look attractive?
The old radiator grill was better looking IMHO. This new grill somewhat does not look good to eyes.

Mod Note: Our Creta Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4421511)
Hows the blue color? Does it look attractive?
The old radiator grill was better looking IMHO. This new grill somewhat does not look good to eyes.

Yes, Blue looked nice and refreshing; makes it stand out in the sea of light-coloured cars in Bangalore at least.

The grill does look a bit dull I admit. However, I feel the dull silver finish will look better on the darker colours.