Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 20:49   #46
OSH
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

The Hyundai Creta facelift was caught testing by BHPian Content Reactor near DLF Porur, Chennai. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

He spotted the car both yesterday and today in the morning sometime before 11:00 AM.
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img20180306wa0012.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img20180306wa0013.jpg

Last edited by OSH : 6th March 2018 at 21:01.
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 17:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Thanks to Saurabh Deshpande for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180313_180330.jpg

The Hyundai Creta facelift was last spotted in December 2017. Recently, a test mule of the compact SUV was seen on the streets of Pune. The test vehicle appeared to be of a higher variant since it was running on dual-tone alloy wheels, LED DRLs mounted on the bumper and chrome trim on the window line.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180313_180332.jpg

As part of the facelift, the Creta is expected to receive a new front grille and re-profiled headlamp clusters. It will likely feature a redesigned front bumper with fog lamp pods on either side. The rear end of the SUV is also likely to be updated with a new bumper and a set of revised tail lamps. On the inside, Hyundai is expected to offer an updated touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180313_180333.jpg

Hyundai hasn't confirmed the engines that will be offered on the Creta facelift. However, the current set of powerplants are likely to be carried forward. The engine options include a 1.6-litre petrol with 123 BHP and 151 Nm of torque, 89 BHP 1.4-litre diesel and a 1.6-litre diesel with 126 BHP of power on tap. The current set of transmissions which include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic are likely to be retained as well.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_20180313_180334.jpg
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 17:34   #48
BHPian

The alloys seem to be the same as the ones on the Creta Sport in Brazil
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-e5a4589867624fd190bf60733c4f0dfe.jpeg  

Silverfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 18:31   #49
BHPian

Look - wise, I prefer the current Creta. However, I do hope the recent gains made in the area of ride and handling for the Verna gets reflected in the facelifted Creta.

At present, there is very little choice for some one who wants features, peace of mind and fun-to-drive characteristics in a single package. It is always "this or that" !
Old 14th March 2018, 19:23   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift to get Sunroof option

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-c1.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-c2.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-c3.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-c4.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-c5.jpg

Link

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-hyundaicretafaceliftspiedindiazigwheels7_720x540.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-hyundaicretafaceliftspiedindiazigwheels9_720x540.jpg

Quote:
The Creta facelift on test here gets a sunroof and LED treatment on the tail lights. It also reveals new diamond-cut alloy wheels. The variant in picture appears to be either the SX+ or SX(O) given that such alloys are only offered as standard in these variants.
Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th March 2018 at 19:40.
volkman10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 20:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift to get Sunroof option

Link1
The article also says that Hyundai might go in with the new BS VI compliant petrol and diesel engines, if they are ready. Would be interesting to see if that happens, although there are high chances that the new engines might come only in the 2nd gen Creta.
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 00:08   #52
BHPian

Are there any hints on the probable launch window for the updated Creta ? I'm about to pick up an EcoSport, but would gladly hold-off if an updated Creta is expected shortly. I had to eliminate the present Creta primarily due to lack of a telescopic steering, and lack of safety features in the automatic. If these are sorted in the facelift, picking up the updated Creta would be a no-brainer for me!
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 16:58   #53
BHPian

I sincerely hope Hyundai doesn't pull another 'i20 refresh' with the new Creta and go on a feature-deletion spree! The bean-counters at Hyundai have been at work a lot, lately.
Old 15th March 2018, 19:04   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
I sincerely hope Hyundai doesn't pull another 'i20 refresh' with the new Creta and go on a feature-deletion spree! The bean-counters at Hyundai have been at work a lot, lately.
Unless they have competition, they would continue to do it. Expect feature reduction in lower variants and more features in even more expensive top variant .
jaganpec2002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 00:29   #55
BHPian

Creta needs serious feature re-jig to gain more relevance. It's hardly the design which is an issue.

Cruise Control, Telescopic Steering and full safety kit (6 airbags, ESP, TC, HHC etc) on at least SX+ level would be nice. Even with the current model distribution, that would allow for Petrol, Petrol AT and Diesel AT to have the full safety kit. Currently only the Diesel MT gets it.

On one hand, Hyundai's track record is purely feature deletion oriented. But they did surprise us with the Verna's solid feature distribution, so fingers crossed
Old 17th March 2018, 17:51   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta 2018 launching in May .

Quote:
The Hyundai Creta 2018 will be launched in May 2018. The company has already commenced training of dealers and the SUV will start to be despatched by end of April.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 00:59   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

So, sources are confirming that the 2018 Creta facelift will have an optimised, more fuel-efficient, remapped 1.6L CRDi under it's hood, which will have gear ratios with better spread to improve low & mid-end driveability.

In-city driveability and response will improve, and the top-end zing of the ~260Nm diesel on the highways (the response in the 5th/6th gears) will take a hit.

First it was the i20 Active, then the all-new Verna, followed by the facelifted i20 & now this "optimisation" is coming to the Creta facelift as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 01:43   #58
BHPian

Hopefully they improve on the brakes too. I was surprised how bad the braking was when I drove my brother in law’s Creta
Old 19th March 2018, 08:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

As someone who just bought the Creta 3 weeks ago, I can say that the whole variant list is a little exhaustive and messed up. For example, the Petrol E plus variant gets features that the Diesel E plus does not. And the 1.4 S+ Diesel variant has a far better HU with Apple car play etc but the next higher variant 1.6 SX Diesel does not get this HU and gets a a cheaper HU. And the price difference between both these models is very less, just around 50K, which is too less considering that it is 1.4 vs 1.6.

And if you need defogger and rear wiper none of the entry level variants have it and you need to get the S variants. I finally ended up getting the 1.6 SX Diesel, the only compromise being the HU, which I think I can live with.

What Hyundai should do is reduce the no of variants and keep the features consistent between Diesel and petrol.

Most Hyundai dealers tell me that people are either buying the E variants or the top of the line SX option variants. There seem to be few takers for the mid level S or S+ variants. In fact I own a SX Diesel and it is very hard to spot one around in Bangalore! Everyone seems to be buying the SX option ( the diamond cut alloys and the shark fin are a clear giveaway), or it is just the E variants that I can see.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 09:49   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
As someone who just bought the Creta 3 weeks ago, I can say that the whole variant list is a little exhaustive and messed up. For example, the Petrol E plus variant gets features that the Diesel E plus does not.
What Hyundai should do is reduce the no of variants and keep the features consistent between Diesel and petrol.

Everyone seems to be buying the SX option ( the diamond cut alloys and the shark fin are a clear giveaway), or it is just the E variants that I can see.
You are absolutely right on this point. I test-drove the Creta petrol manual top variant over the weekend and was surprised when we ran through the features list for the basic variants (E, E+). There are many differences which don't really make sense. I ended up very confused.

Am looking at the petrol E model to be driver-driven from day one. We liked the quality interiors and the fact that even the E is fully loaded from a safety PoV. However, came away pretty unimpressed after the test drive. The back seat comfort is nothing to speak of. Did not get the opportunity to check the brakes due to heavy traffic and rain.

I hope they have made incremental improvements in the face-lift and maybe even moved to a full disc brake setup.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks