Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 11:07   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Mod Note: Our Creta Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Spotted the New Hyundai Creta - Camouflaged and being tested in Yercaud today. Couldnt click more pics as I was driving.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-img_0224.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2018 at 11:26. Reason: Linking to our facelift report :)
veeru27 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 09:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India - post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 10:53   #3
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs

Thanks dude, couldn't make much from the pics, since you live around the area, keep a watchful eyes. The thunder of Jeep will only make the 2018 Creta much more appealing. I am wondering what additional features will the new facelift get loaded.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 11:15   #4
BHPian

Following additions should be expected:
# The Elantra K2 platform
# Cruise Control
# Ventilated Seats
# Sunroof
# Auto dimming IRVMs
# FE MID
# TPMS
# All 4 Disc brakes
bhpfaninblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 12:27   #5
BHPian

Hope the driver involvement/steering feel aspect is taken care of. Also the suspension is better tuned. If Creta improves on these it will be only a real strong jeep fan who will pay 10 lakhs more for the comparable Jeep variant.
Old 10th December 2017, 12:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hope the driver involvement/steering feel aspect is taken care of. Also the suspension is better tuned. If Creta improves on these it will be only a real strong jeep fan who will pay 10 lakhs more for the comparable Jeep variant.
How 10 L more?

The Creta is 17 L plus for the top end and the Compass is 23 L plus for the top end 4*2. Compass is in a different league altogether, atleast for now.
DRIV3R is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 14:08   #7
BHPian

I compared the respective manual top end variants with 6 airbags. Remember that Creta has other features too that's missing in the jeep top end. When I checked the difference was around 10 lakhs. Creta already has slightly more spacious interiors. Let me know if I am mistaken here.
Old 10th December 2017, 17:14   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai had better spend some time kitting the Creta out with features; its cheaper siblings have some really cool stuff (e.g. Verna & its ventilated seats + auto-opening boot). The Creta has been around for a long time and needs serious updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Following additions should be expected:
# The Elantra K2 platform
It's a facelift buddy. The platform won't change.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 17:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

For a layman, this facelift wont make a significant difference unless they add some missing features. I feel these will be added:

1) Android auto and Apple carplay (already there in the current gen. The initial batch didn't have them).
2) Auto wipers/headlights.
3) All 4 disc brakes.
4) DTE, instantaneous fuel economy.
5) Cruise control.
6) Sunroof (doubtful)
7) Ventilated seats (again doubtful. Can push the price even further).
8) 60:40 rear seat (Hyundai will be least interested in that).

Wish they work on the gear ratios, steering and most importantly those horrific brakes but I feel these wont be touched. A redesigned bumper, LED tail lights and new grill. Somehow cosmetic changes are more important than mechanical changes here . Exterior wise If Hyundai is coming with the same car like the one in the picture, then I am happy with my current car .

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-20170426095951_cx1.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 18:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
# Cruise Control
# Ventilated Seats
# Sunroof
# Auto dimming IRVMs
# FE MID
# TPMS
# All 4 Disc brakes
Instead of above features, I would be more happy to see Automatic option being made available in SX(O) variant - 6 airbags, ESC, VSM and HAC.

I sincerely hope, Hyundai fixes this for petrol and diesel automatic buyers (they missed out on Diesel automatic in SX(0) in Verna).
Simhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 18:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Instead of above features, I would be more happy to see Automatic option being made available in SX(O) variant - 6 airbags, ESC, VSM and HAC.
+1. Totally agree that Hyundai should fix Creta top-end variant's screwed-up specs. It was fine a bunch of years ago when they didn't have a tangible competition, but Jeep Compass and its immense success should be an eye opener for Hyundai. (from a pricing point of view, that is).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I sincerely hope, Hyundai fixes this for petrol and diesel automatic buyers (they missed out on Diesel automatic in SX(0) in Verna).
I think not launching Verna diesel SX(O) AT was a deliberate decision they took to prevent cannibalizion of Elantra diesel top spec - with the same engine+transmission there would have been hardly any difference between Elantra and new Verna in their top-spec diesel AT avatars. Although team bhp's official Verna review is optimistic about Diesel SX(O) AT launch soon enough, I have my serious doubts about that happening (at least until Elantra diesel get a new engine)
actinium15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 18:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
How 10 L more?

The Creta is 17 L plus for the top end and the Compass is 23 L plus for the top end 4*2. Compass is in a different league altogether, atleast for now.
Exactly. Jeep Compass is in a different class altogether. No way Creta can match that. If I were to buy a Creta , I would not mind paying even 10 lakhs extra and buying a Jeep. And I am not even a Jeep fan or anything. BTW, facelift Crtea's front end looks even less SUVish.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 19:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Doubt the Creta will get ventilated seats. For some reason Hyundai seems bull headed wrt to this feature. A 32 lakh OTR Tucson does not get it. So they are pampering the sedans and leaving out the SUVs as they seem to think they sell by themselves. :

Also not sure of their automatic strategy for the top spec SX(O) diesel. They seem to give the diesels in automatic top spec only on the Elantra and Tucson. It's high time the Elantra gets the 2 ltr diesel or if will just fade away like the Santa Fe.

Would love if Jeep can surprise them with a 1.6 ltr top spec diesel automatic.

Way in the world would they not give the consumer the choice of safety and convenience in one package ?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 19:46   #14
BHPian

It's really difficult to expect anything out of Hyundai these days. They always throw in a surprise (not always a pleasant one). Also, they seem to be following different strategies for their hatch/sedan and SUVs. They know India is SUV crazy and they are trying to maximize profits by leaving out features.
octane_100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 15:08   #15
BHPian

There are at least 2 new Cretas being tested on Yercaud roads for the past 3 days. It's quiet tricky to shoot photos on the ghat road. The front grill is the same as the new Verna Will try to get the front view as and when possible.
veeru27 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed