Team-BHP - Honda Civic or Elantra CRDI Leather
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Civic or Elantra CRDI Leather (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19328-honda-civic-elantra-crdi-leather.html)

Dear BHPians,

Here is my dilemma after being on the road test driving all the cars in this segment.

Civic --> I like the looks and the comfort and fact that it is newly launched.

Elantra --> I like the features which are available and not so much the looks. Comfort is good. Fact is it might get a face lift in the next 2-3 months.

Need your help deciding between the two.

I do about 1000 km every month and most of it is city driving and apart from that occasional highway drives.

NOt able to decide as I need to buy a car this month.

Any sugesstions are appreciated and thank you all in advance

Srinivas

civic all the way. im a auto fan so ill say automatic. though the fact is it is way slower than the manual. elantra facelifted still aint all that good. but at that time if u buying ull get a beautiful discount for sure.

I don't think you can compare the two. Civic with manual transmission all the way.

Civic defenitly...

Did you try out Cedia???

Go for elantra only if its a very tight budget... i donno why you are considering the elantra... Only thing it has is goodies... Wont get much resale value even for the Hyundai... and the car doesnt have a good image... and front looks are yuck!!!

Since most of your driving is in city nothing to beat the Civic AT. It's just a tad slower a couple of seconds, than the MT and even on the highway most cars are in the rear view mirror.

When is the new Elantra launching?

I have not tried the cedia. But mitsu was never an option I considered.
Not sure why ? But I know it has a lot of power and the racy looks

I am kind of decided on the CIVIC MT. Was wonderin if someone has any good source to get a rear spoiler which looks like the Mugen one.

I want to get it done like in the attached link. The costs Honda dealer is quoting is about 1.4 lacs for the whole package and 40K for the spoiler alone.

2007 Honda Civic MUGEN Si Sedan (USDM)

Can someone help

Regards,

Srini

Of late, i have been hearing owners of petrol elantra's complaining about the quality of the cars. Not sure if this is the same case with CRDi versions as well. There are a few references to the problems in some of the posts in this forum as well. Is the quality of the elantra slipping as a result of the price reduction?

iam a regular driver of an elantra petrol. No such problems to speak of. Ownership experience till now has been pretty good. No major part changes .....or other expenses. Did hear about problems with the diesel version though but that is second hand info so i would suggest talking to a diesel elantra owner if possible.
Own a civic too (brother does). Excellent car, average also not too bad, brilliant compared to the petrol elantra. Parts would tend to be expensive compared to Hyundai though....