Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Tell me a car you feel deserves 10/10 for its exterior looks.
Mitsubishi Lancer 25 13.44%
Ford Mondeo 47 25.27%
Mercedes C class (2005) 14 7.53%
W211 E class 18 9.68%
Honda Accord 57 30.65%
Fiat Weekend Adventure 25 13.44%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 00:45   #61
BHPian

Definatelty the ford mondeo from the cars listed above. IMHO the best looking car sold in india period!!! (less than 20 lakhs)
Old 15th December 2006, 04:05   #62
elf
BANNED

Thank you, so many of you, for appreciating my ride .

However, igoring all other factors (reliablilty, price, size, space, build quality, functionality, blah, blah, blah) since maxbhp mentioned only design:

1. Mitsubishi Lancer: Elegance & simplicity. Superb lines, especially without body kits & with the right set of wheels & tyres (refer to my garage). This, of course, pertains to the first iteration launched in India. Can't stand the SFXi / SLXi / LE or anything that's beyond base, bodywise. Original pressed steel wheel design is pretty decent, but are really small & the skinny stock tyres look terrible due to their high profile. Also don't much care for the diamond-reflector patterns on the later taillamps.

2. Ford Mondeo: Superb lines. Again, the first iteration only. The new models have taken something away from the overall grace of the lines. Think taillamps for example.

3. Mercedes C class (2005): This is a mess. Especially the first lot. Looks like the earlier S Class (W220) involved in a bad shunt then redone at a local garage with a baboon as the foreman. Design cues from the W220 but completely disproportionate. Maybe something that Kim Jong Motors from North Korea would do if told to make a Mercedes look alike for Kia.

4. Mercedes W211: Now we're talking. Truly, truly beautiful. Not a line out of place, though some may feel it's a bit busy. I don't. It's beautiful. Truly, truly beautiful. Not a line out of place, though some may feel it's a bit busy. I don't. It's beautiful. Truly, truly...

5. Fiat Weekender Adventure: Strange choice, but yes, I agree. Not very proportionate from all angles, but I quite like it. And I really love the Petra/Sienna - that's not a funny bum you see, those are child bearing hips.

6. Honda Accord: Love the front. Sides are proportionate. The butt's a disaster. Looks like the Honda designers ran out of LSD by the time they got to the back.

Since so many mentioned, the Honda Civic: Probably the stupidest looking vehicle (exteriors) in India. The front is really gorgeous. The sides look damn silly with the wheels so small & pushed out way too far. Looks almost like a banana. The rear is what makes it the stupidest looking. Those 'afterburner' taillamps & that idiotic scalloped decklid.

Off Topic, but I remember the good old days when the taillamp looked the same with the lights on & off. Can't figure out this current crud of having round lights in a non-round shape. Example? Optra - don't brake & the lights look gorgeous. Hit the brakes & that round dookie lights up (1.6 ltr versions) in a square plastic box. Disappointing, really.

Last edited by elf : 15th December 2006 at 04:11.
Old 15th December 2006, 04:39   #63

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

in terms of exterior looks,out of the list i would say the lancer looks the best.
apart from the list,the most well balanced and proportioned cars would be the ford ikon and palio.these cars look good in any colour.
and not to forget the soon to be launched fiat grande punto...now thats a sweet looking car.
in international cars it has to be :
1.alfa romeo 147 gta
2.alfa romeo gt coupe.
3.tvr sagaris...yeah
4.chevrolet camaro z28
Old 15th December 2006, 11:16   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I'm surprised its got so many votes too, but I guess there arent enough Accords seen on the roads back home - familiarity breeds contempt. In contrast the Mondeo, despite being older, still looks good.
Oh, there are loads of Accords here. Atleast in Chennai, they are all over the place.

The Mondeo is definitely a looker but I think what went against it was its looks getting diluted due to the Ikon looking so similar to it. From a distance of 150-200m, you cannot be faulted for getting confused between an Ikon and a Mondeo. The Mondeo looks like a stretched-from-all-sides Ikon (or vice-versa). Similar confusion occasionally occurs between previous-gen Accord and OHC Type2.
Old 15th December 2006, 12:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
5. Fiat Weekender Adventure: Strange choice, but yes, I agree. Not very proportionate from all angles, but I quite like it. And I really love the Petra/Sienna - that's not a funny bum you see, those are child bearing hips.

i too agree that it is a strange choice indeed. the sienna weekend was a real looker. the adventure would look a lot better without the plastics sticking out from the wheel arches & the rear window shaped a little better.
Old 15th December 2006, 13:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

The Lancer undoubtebly happens to be the best looking car years after its launch. Clean masculine line with distinguished aerodynamics.

X
Old 15th December 2006, 14:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Accord gets my vote among the cars listed and Mondeo comes close 2nd for me.
Old 17th December 2006, 01:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

My pic would be the Skoda laura, for looks alone!.Surprisingly not on this list!
Old 17th December 2006, 23:17   #69
BHPian

I 've voted for W 211 E class for its sheer elegance and road presence .. Looks amazing in black .. Honda Accord comes close second ...
Old 26th December 2006, 18:46   #70
BHPian

Mondeo for me. If its in red(they don’t have red Mondeos), heck it could give an enthusiast like me a hard one ;-)

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 26th December 2006 at 18:47. Reason: To remove HTML tags
Old 30th December 2006, 06:50   #71
BHPian

Alfa Romeo Competizion. Period. In my opinion nothing other than this has been a perfect 10 since the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Spyder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks