Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Tell me a car you feel deserves 10/10 for its exterior looks.
Mitsubishi Lancer 25 13.44%
Ford Mondeo 47 25.27%
Mercedes C class (2005) 14 7.53%
W211 E class 18 9.68%
Honda Accord 57 30.65%
Fiat Weekend Adventure 25 13.44%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2006, 08:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

A car you'd rate 10/10 for its looks.

Tell me the car which you feel deserves 10/10, or in other words the one which deserves the crown as far as exterior line and shape is taken into account irrespective of any technical aspect of the same (design).

Car's may endear to many for varied reasons . Some for their perfomance , some for practicality, others for refinement or efficiency ....... but I feel the most important aspect is its shape . This is an aspect of a car that I as an Indian would like to discuss about .
Till now there has been very few(for us Indians...) cars that looks good from every angle ...no matter where you look at it from , some cars look beautiful ....its rare . I own a sienna , personally I feel its a good looking italian car that has every design ques of its birthplace . Its good to look at from head on ,front profile...but a walk to back can make her loose all her pride ...I wont say all but the boot really looks out of place ... . Likingly many good looking cars have some flaw hidden somewhere along the body line .

Now lemme talk about some rare and indeed a dying one ? is it dying ? ...cars that are PP (Picture Perfect )I donnow but seems like they arent making them any more...........any way I have choosed 6 cars ,

1. Mitsubishi Lancer : Indeed one of the most well balanced car of its times , and still one of the best looking Indian car to date .

2. Ford Mondeo : What a car ! , Had not the car been expensive on mainteinance I would surely got one in my garage

3. Mercedes C class (2005): Now this is one helluva sporty car ....great on everything except price . When they released the C class back in 2000 I was so turned down by its staid and boring interior . Uninspiring headlamps and minimal exterior detailing , not to many ones liking.........but......when the relaunched the car in 2005 ...all I could ask
her (C-Class)was Woooaaah !!!!! ....how.....can you look so beautiful...never thought u were so sexy.....wow !

4. Mercedes W211 - After stopping W124 , I really thought mercs have lost what Lexus has gained ......what ?....... ' class '. W210 looked totally disproportianate right from its tail lamp to front bumper and I hated the car ......w211 changed my whole opinion . Truly awesome piece of work.

5. Fiat Weekender Adventure : Hmm.....Now why is she here ? Thats what many of you are going to ask me right ? . One coz its a Fiat ...and I love Fiat . Secondly I couldnt find a bad part in the whole car (design) ..Its picture perfect except for that crash guard , could have been of better quality.

6. Honda Accord : Great car , nice proportion , nice.....what about the boot ? ....many like it and many dont.....

Now the ? you may want to ask me is , why the h!@#$ have you started this thread ?
Reason being ...I wished to own one among this, apart from Adventure ....a used one I mean ...I had almost bought a petrol Mondeo ....thats what my heart had asked me to buy....unfortunately I asked my brain for second opinion ....she said " MAX, u are nut......dont fall in love ...u will regret , think" , so I went to some of the ex owners , asked them...and burpp !...its scary owning one ....so I have decided to do what many are doing right now....Wait for a better car ...!

Last edited by adya33 : 4th December 2006 at 18:50.
Old 4th December 2006, 08:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

I voted for the Fiat Adventure. The car has some nice character. Though it shares its genes with the Palio and Petra, but still looks way better than the two.
Old 4th December 2006, 08:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Wouldn't give 10/10 for any of these cars... There are other good lookibng cars around... No civic, swift and all in list???

Anyway, in the list, i like the lancer more... Its a really good desgin coz it ages really well... old design, but still looks good!!! and very easy to mod...
Old 4th December 2006, 09:43   #4
BHPian

None of the above.

I personally am a great fan of the optra, and of late the civic.
Old 4th December 2006, 10:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Of the above, it would be the Lancer because it looks good and looks sexy as hell when modded properly

But yeah, there are better looking cars around in India....Civic, SRV, etc...
Old 4th December 2006, 10:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

btw is is the old lancer or the new lancer you are talking about here?

I would vote for the mondeo.
Old 4th December 2006, 10:51   #7

I have voted for the mondeo...
Old 4th December 2006, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Given the options I chose the Adventure, but if the choices included the Lancer Cedia/Honda civic, I would have probably abstained from voting

Kvish
Old 4th December 2006, 11:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Adventure.... It has got a character... It is a perfect example of how a station wagon can be designed so good...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport
Old 4th December 2006, 14:32   #10
BHPian

I voted for the adventure...class, style and praactical...
Old 4th December 2006, 14:57   #11
BHPian

I voted for Lancer for its sheer sporty looks & style

It looks damn good when modded

Cheers
Old 4th December 2006, 15:19   #12
BHPian

10/10 means perfect, right? Voted to none, I don't think any of the above deserve this. Maybe 9/10 could be given Merc and Accord.
Old 4th December 2006, 15:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

None of the cars here are beautiful. My beautiful cars list would probably include mostly international cars like the following:

Alfa Brera
Alfa 8C Competizione
Ferrari 288 GTO
Mercedes 300 SL

In India I think the Mondeo was good looking if a little bland other than that the really good looking cars have been few & far between.
Old 4th December 2006, 15:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Murcielago, Diablo, Countach, Miura.
Old 4th December 2006, 15:34   #15
BHPian

Ford Mondeo is Good.But there a lot of other cars which are much beautiful than the list are beauties.

Most Viewed