Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your favourite generation of the City?
1st-gen 121 41.58%
2nd-gen 26 8.93%
3rd-gen 115 39.52%
4th-gen 29 9.97%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2018, 16:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda City completes 2 decades in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Nice to see that you have first hand experience with the CITY.
I was an owner of the 1st gen vtec. Brilliant car.
Off late I find this comment about degradation in quality of the CITY especially comparing the 3rd and 4th gen. I see that you too opined so. Where all do you see Honda has cut corners?
Other BHPians too can throw some light on these areas where Honda has compromised.
I won't say they have compromised on the quality. It's just that the competition has upped the game quite a bit, and Honda still believes (a belief shared by many customers too) that they are the epitome of quality that they once were. Apart from brand value of City (and the i-VTEC engine which remain the enthusiasts' choice), there is no compelling reason to pick city over other contenders. Verna offers much better quality, Ciaz similar overall experience at much lower price, Vento (and Rapid) offers equally good (if not better) choice of engines (plus much better handling and build quality).

In simple terms, Honda is selling city at the price of (a much better built) Vento while giving the quality of a Ciaz.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 16:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Where all do you see Honda has cut corners?
Other BHPians too can throw some light on these areas where Honda has compromised.

Firstly, build quality. The car feels poorly built and lacks the solid build of it’s rivals( except the Ciaz).

The doorpads feel extremely flimsy and the door moves a bit when the windows are opened/closed.

Minor rattles are very common in the 4th gen City. Few BHPians have faced rattles from the dashboard. Also, the driver side door handle feels like it would come straight out when pulled.

The centre console, which houses the gear lever also feels very flimsy. On bad roads, I seem to be hearing rattles from almost every place in the cabin.

Secondly, minor features like height adjustable seatbelts and split folding rear seats should have been offered. The absence of height adjustable seat belts is shocking, considering that th me 3rd gen was equipped with it.

Overall, the 4th gen City is a great car in every aspect, except for cost cutting and compromise on quality.

Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 16th March 2018 at 16:18.
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 16:54   #63
BANNED

Its the 2nd Gen for me, we used to own one and i truly miss it. It was like a Go-Kart, we had the vTEC one. Of course, The 1st Gen is timeless, know 2 ways about that.

We also own the 4th Gen now and in our opinion, its been a waste of money. Anything else would be better and I make it a point to inform anyone who asks me my opinion on it, be it friends, family or acquaintances. The 4th Gen is a pathetic excuse of "premium" from Honda.
Old 16th March 2018, 18:12   #64
BHPian

We had 1st gen VTEC which was sold at 56k kms and I had great fun in that car. Now I have a 3rd gen iVTEC 2013 model with close to 70k kms already under the belt and the engine I feel is silent and smoother than when it was new.

Infact recently I thought of going for new City ZX but after experiencing the new 4th gen car, I have decided to continue with my existing car and wait it out for the next gen.
Old 16th March 2018, 18:39   #65

I have owned both 3rd and 4th Gen city and I can safely say 4th gen City is my preferred choice both for the looks and drivability. I don't believe Honda has compromised quality except that it's a bit costly in comparison to its rivals. But after all it's a CITY 😀

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks