Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 11:35   #91
BHPian

Re: Drive Without Borders : One Nation, One Road Tax

My understanding of the article is that the road tax rates will be uniform across states and in all probability, the central government will decide on the rates instead of state governments.
However, the current process of NOC/ Refund will remain unchanged for transfer between states. This change will only increase/decrease the government cashflow and no change for individual owners.
Old 29th January 2020, 10:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Karnataka will suffer Rs 1,000 crore revenue loss due to ‘one nation, one road tax’ : URL

Will be great if this happens and as expected Babus in Karnataka are worried as their loot will end
vsrivatsa is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 11:27   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginWheels View Post
I am driving a car in Kolkata which is registered in Karnataka. I have been using the car here since 2017 and have had no issues with any documentation till now. I have avoided the re-registration path due to the notorious hassles and money matters of-course (the car is under finance and loan pending till March 2021) and have been awaiting the 'Unified Vehicle Licence and Registration' process to come into act.
In the meanwhile I will be very grateful to receive any information or solution the issue experienced by others.

Any update on this? Were you able to get PUC done for your KA registered car in Kolkata?
I recently had the same problem of getting PUC done for my KA car in Chennai. In one of the govt. authorised PUC centre, they failed to get the details from MoRTH database and asked me to contact RTO to add my car details manually. However after couple of days i visited another PUC centre, govt authorised, and he was able to retrieve my car details and get the PUC done. I even crosschecked in Parivahan site and was able to see the latest PUC certificate details.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th January 2020 at 18:13. Reason: Please do NOT quote full-length posts while responding. It hinders readability for our mobile users. Thanks.
Old 29th January 2020, 11:31   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The last push.

Many states have agreed to implement this.This may soon become a reality.

Looks surreal for now.

Waseem
You confidence gives me a ray of hope since you are most in tune with this. Personally I am yet sceptical and even more so now as the M wave has died down and the central govt does now have the majority in as many states as they did last term. Hence, I feel it will be harder to implement now and get everyone on board. They ought to have done this in the previous term itself.

I am fine with the tax slabs but the only two things I wish they included were that the tax be paid on the ex-factory price and not ex-showroom price. As paying tax on GST is basically paying tax on tax which is ridiculous. Moreover, they have mentioned tax be paid on "invoice value" does that mean that discount if any will be honoured?
Lastly, MH RTO has been benefiting greatly with the 20L max RTO tax cap. Most supercars and super high end cars costing over 2cr are now being registered in MH due to this. I hope the cap is maintained for all states.
Old 29th January 2020, 17:49   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am fine with the tax slabs but the only two things I wish they included were that the tax be paid on the ex-factory price and not ex-showroom price. As paying tax on GST is basically paying tax on tax which is ridiculous.
Are you sure that road tax is paid on the ex-showroom price which is inclusive of GST? I registered my car a week back & paid tax on the ex factory price.
P.S i have the receipt too and my car's new registration is visible on Vahan.
Old 29th January 2020, 17:51   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
Are you sure that road tax is paid on the ex-showroom price which is inclusive of GST? I registered my car a week back & paid tax on the ex factory price.
P.S i have the receipt too and my car's new registration is visible on Vahan.
In Maharashtra it is on full ex-showroom inclusive of GST and exclusive of discounts
Old 18th August 2020, 14:50   #97
BHPian

Does anyone know if there is any progress on this/when this is expected to be implemented?

Thanks in advance!
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 20:09   #98
BHPian

Can we expect this to be announced with budget tomorrow?
Old 2nd February 2021, 03:54   #99
BHPian

If only we were part of some special group that could protest or have our woes heard!
Drive without borders might just remain a distant perpetual dream. Alas!!
Old 14th March 2021, 00:01   #100
BHPian

Hey,
Have a quick question, how long one can drive in a different state? I am in MP for a year now, and have MH registered car.
Old 14th March 2021, 01:32   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hey,
Have a quick question, how long one can drive in a different state? I am in MP for a year now, and have MH registered car.
By default (as per CMVA) you are allowed to drive in a different state for 11 months. We have thread on understanding the motor vehicle act on the forum. You can reconfirm it from there too.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 18:25   #102
BHPian

No updates on this? What is the likelihood of one-nation-one-road-tax becoming a reality?
Old 21st April 2021, 21:42   #103
BHPian

Probably in pandemic times like these, the Government has other priorities and it is understandable that we are discouraged to travel.

But hopefully this will be a reality although as this is a contentious issue, expect some non-compliance from the states as it may affect their revenue collection.
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Mathrubhumi is reporting about a recently-released draft of amendment to CMV Rules pertaining to registration etc. As per them, salient features are:

1. Uniform tax rates all over India.
2. Scrapping LTT, instead tax 2 years at a time.
3. Instead of state-specific numbering, a single unified IN numbering system.

Link (in Malayalam): https://www.mathrubhumi.com/auto/new...cles-1.5610427
binand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 06:15   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more:

https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/82294913.cms
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks