Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 14:31   #61

Re: Current-gen Swift production ends

Best character of swift is agility and ease of driving, owning and maintaining and plus it doesn’t show any kind of engine aging and lethargy for reasonable time. Best drivers car vouched by millions despite of so called short commings.
Here is my trusted horse called vdi for 5 years, happily completed 62000 kms.

Current-gen Swift production ends-img_20161218_160833.jpg
KiranSwift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me for gate crashing. The now erstwhile Swift was simply good for keener drivers, but barring the Swift Sport the newer gen. Swift hasn't drawn praises for its ride-handling capabilities in the international reviews. Most reviews point it behaving à la Baleno.

I just hope we aren't being left high and dry, despite the market preferring more & more commuter'ish cars.
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:19   #63

Current generation swift was launched in August 2011 and i had made my booking for the car in Feb 2011 . I got my car after a long 6 months waiting time. one from the first batch that was dispatched from the factory. Took delivery of car on 27th August 2011 and it had been with me since then. So far it has done 1.05L KMs and still running strong.

Current-gen Swift production ends-swift_e.jpg
Current-gen Swift production ends-swift_2e.jpg
antony.henry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 15:07   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

With the unveiling of the ALL NEW SWIFT yesterday it is apt to note that Swift badge has been slapped on a lot of vehicles over the past 35 years!

Quote:
It all started with General Motor’s M Platform. The GM M platform was the designation used by GM for the platform that underpinned the second and third generation Suzuki Cultus and its offspring (Swift).
Current-gen Swift production ends-211300x169.jpg

Quote:
GM did not find the project profitable and the unfinished design was sold to Suzuki. The project was completed by Suzuki and they launched the car as the ‘Cultus’ in the Japanese market
Quote:
The Swift name plate was used by Suzuki in the markets of Austallia and the Newzealand. Even GM badge engineered it to launch it as Cheverlet Sprint in North America.(The third generation M platform was only sold by Suzuki as the Suzuki Swift in North America as Suzuki decided to create their own Swift to market around the world.)

Current-gen Swift production ends-115300x151.jpg

Quote:
The First generation Swift was introduced in the year 2000 as a replacement for the Suzuki Cultus. Outside Japan, the “Suzuki Ignis” name was used! Both three- and five-door hatchback body styles were offered, although the three-door was not offered as part of the regular lineup in Japan

Current-gen Swift production ends-35.jpg

Quote:
The Second generation of the Swift marked a significant departure with the previous Cultus-based models, with Suzuki redesigning the vehicle as less of a “low price alternative” subcompact and more of a “sporty” subcompact hatch. The Swift’s design and driving characteristics focused on the European market with its chassis refined through a road-testing program across Europe.

Current-gen Swift production ends-43.jpg

Quote:
The Third generation Swift which had been on sale till recently in the Indian market. It had its wheelbase extended by 50 millimeters over the previous second generation and has many visual updates. While the new car looks different from the old one, its design is an evolution of the radical second generation styling with a longer and more rounded appearance.

Current-gen Swift production ends-53.jpg
Quote:
The Fourth generation Swift debuted in Japan on 27 December 2016. The hatchback is built on the ‘HEARTECT’ platform which made its debut in 2015 and is the same lightweight platform used for the production of hatchbacks Baleno and Ignis!
- ~18 Lakh Swift’s has been sold in the Indian soil till date in past 13 years
- Swift saw a downward trend since 2015 (post the launch of Nexa Baleno)
- However, it still sells a whopping 1.67 Lakh units/year!

Swift at 35 years, clearly has carried on the legacy of the Suzuki and this generation will carry on for more years.

Sales Statistics of Maruti Suzuki Swift in India :

Current-gen Swift production ends-62.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th January 2018 at 15:13.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 08:08   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Nicely depicted by Jato, the SWIFT Cult in India,

Current-gen Swift production ends-dwg3bugvoaal6s8.jpg

Quote:
Launched in 2005, the iconic Swift has managed to provide Joy to more than 1.81 million Indian families. The 1st million cars were sold in 8 years, the 2nd million would take less than 5 years. The dream run continues.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks