Team-BHP - Ford Endeavour gets sunroof in the 2.2 Titanium variant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Endeavour gets sunroof in the 2.2 Titanium variant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/194276-ford-endeavour-gets-sunroof-2-2-titanium-variant.html)

Thanks to Sudhir Singh for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Ford has added the sunroof option to Endeavour's 2.2 4x2 Titanium variant and now costs Rs. 29,57,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi). This feature addition should provide an option to customers who want the sunroof but don't want the higher-priced 3.2L 4x4 variant.

Ford launched the Endeavour back in 2016 with two diesel engine options. A 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre with prices starting at Rs. 24,75,094. Initially, the 2.2 was available with a 4x4 option as well and the 3.2 came in two variants. In September 2016, the Ford reduced the prices of the Trend variants. In November 2016, the prices were revised yet again, this time an increase in the Titanium variants.

By March 2017, Ford had revised the prices 3 more times. The last revision being a price reduction in the 2.2 4x4 MT Trend variant. In July 2017, two variants were scrapped and the MT option was discontinued. Immediately after this, prices were revised yet again and the discontinued models reintroduced.

Ford has been changing the variants as well as the features and prices frequently on the Endeavour. These frequent changes to the Endeavour's variant line-up can be attributed to the low sales figures of the SUV. The Endeavour hasn't been able to compete with the Toyota Fortuner, which leads the segment by quite a margin. In the last 4 months, the Endeavour has been selling less than 600 units per month while the Fortuner clocked approximately 2000 units per month.

Ford Endeavour gets sunroof in the 2.2 Titanium variant-2016fordendeavour02.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News

Is this the big panoramic one like the one in 3.2 or a smaller one? If the former, this will definitely complete most of the USPs for the 2.2 model lineup. Good move by Ford.

Here is a screenshot from the Ford India's website. Truly a much-needed feature introduced on the Endy 2.2 Titanium. Though I'd have loved the addition of a couple of safety features such as 7-airbags (the 2.2 Titanium get 6) and hill-descent control. Even an optional 4x4 trim would've been a welcome change. I truly miss this on the 2.2 Titanium. Wish this feature addition happened about 9-months ago, I would've bought the Endy 2.2 atleast for the sake of a panoramic sunroof. Maybe a used one a couple of years down the line and a 3.2 Titanium maybe!

Ford Endeavour gets sunroof in the 2.2 Titanium variant-screenshot_20180112160445_com.android.chrome.png

The 2.2 gets its most important feature for our market yet. :D

Will be lovely if Ford can offer a choice between all black and black/beige for the cabin too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 4337979)
Is this the big panoramic one like the one in 3.2 or a smaller one?

The website says its an electric panoramic sunroof. So, maybe the same. Yet to see the updated truck.

Personally I do not see any thing wrong in 600+ Sales, considering the price point at which it operates.
Agreed, it is a third of the volumes, the Fortuner manages, but 600 is still a good number for a 30+ Lakh vehicle.
In fact, it sold nearly as much as it's much lower priced younger brother (Figo) last month!

It's an excellent addition and a mouthwatering add on indeed. The Sunroof was one of the features I missed on the 2.2 Titanium atleast. With the moonroof, the only differences between the 3.2 and 2.2 Titaniums is down to:

I think Ford needs to revamp the 2.2 Trend as well. 2 Airbags in a 30 lac vehicle won't do when their 10 lac compact sedan has 6 of 'em. I am still of the opinion that the 3.2 is better VFM as compared to the 2.2. For those 3 lacs, you get an extra pot and equipment which can put 40 lakh Audis to shame.

And of course, Ford needs to get their act in place with the pricing.This is letting down the Endeavour IMHO. Hope there are no major price revisions on any of the variants now. Ford literally makes you feel as if you are gambling on the BSE every time they change prices. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishy76 (Post 4338054)
It's an excellent addition and a mouthwatering add on indeed. The Sunroof was one of the features I missed on the 2.2 Titanium atleast. With the moonroof, the only differences between the 3.2 and 2.2 Titaniums is down to:

That 5 cylinder beast of course!
Ford literally makes you feel as if you are gambling on the BSE every time they change prices. lol:

And the 4X4 hardware as the most important criterion for buying a body on frame SUV. Few people whose average monthly running would exceed 5,000 kms per month, they need a comparatively fuel efficient SUV. So, 2.2 would be suffice for them.

Ford should go back to its launch prices and keep it there.

Now, more people will get to enjoy the sunroof :D. Great news! Features should never be restricted to larger-engined variants, especially since our market prefers the well-priced 'adequately powered' variants over the more expensive, diesel-guzzling large engines. Even in the more premium segments (Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc.), you'll see the 2.0s outselling the 3.0s in a 9:1 ratio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek46 (Post 4338041)
Agreed, it is a third of the volumes, the Fortuner manages, but 600 is still a good number for a 30+ Lakh vehicle.

agree:. 600 a month is HUGE for a 25 - 35 lakh Ford, its distance from the Fortuner notwithstanding. Not everyone needs to be the no.1 to be happy; as long as the sales meet expectations (which they did) and the car is generating profits (which it is), I'd say it is a success.