Team-BHP - New Esteem to be out in six months
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Esteem to be out in six months (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19472-new-esteem-out-six-months.html)

Maruti is adding more to our confusion of new baleno....

Just read in the economic times:

A new esteem should be out in six months.However unlike the zen, Maruti is not likely to discontinue the production of the Esteem.

"The esteem averages sales of 2000 units permonth and we are not likely to stop that.In any case the Esteem has metamorphosed over time" ,Rahul Srivastava,commercial business head,west zone,MUL

Source:
Economic Times, Pune edition

What is wrong with Maruti??? Why can't they bring some new Cars???
All what we see is New Zen, New Wagon R, New Esteem and next will be New Baleno!

Hope the new esteem is a proper drivers car and not another egg on wheels! *cough* new 'zen' *cough*

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 335148)
What is wrong with Maruti??? Why can't they bring some new Cars???
All what we see is New Zen, New Wagon R, New Esteem and next will be New Baleno!

I guess MS will be launching a new baleno (Suzuki SX4) ...source ACI (september anniversary issue)

From what i could figure out... He's saying there wont be changes to the esteem...

And, where did you get the info that its will be out in 6 months???

This is the article, right???

[quote]PUNE: Maruti Udyog (MUL) is stepping on the diesel pedal. The Swift, its hatchback offering launched as a petrol car about 18 months ago, is expected to get the 1.3 litre multi jet diesel engine from Fiat. The diesel version of the Swift, currently undergoing tests, is “coming soon,” sources said, without specifying a timeline.

While company officials, who were in Pune for the launch of the Zen Estilo, declined to comment, sources said a new Esteem should also be out in the next six months. However, unlike the Zen, whose production MUL discontinued eight months prior to the launch of the current model, the car maker is not likely to discontinue the production of the Esteem, these sources maintained.

“The Esteem averages sales of 2,000 units per month and we are not likely to stop that. In any case, the Esteem has metamorphosed over time,” Rakesh Srivastava, commercial business head, west zone, MUL, added. He was speaking to reporters after unveiling the Zen Estilo here on Thursday.
[quote]

They are only just now hearing of the diesel swift... Maruti has loads of prokects in the pipeline.. Like the new baleno, diesel swift... Dont think they will go ahead and replace the esteem so soon...

Further... They have denied it... Only the 'sources' have spoken about the work... he esteem figures are respactble considering, the zen was phased out when it had similar figures, and esteem is a class above it... Still,its bought in the taxi segment, and by banks and all...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 335163)
From what i could figure out... He's saying there wont be changes to the esteem...

Exactly. I am puzzled too. The report doesn't talk about discontinuation or relaunch of Esteem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 335163)
While company officials, who were in Pune for the launch of the Zen Estilo, declined to comment, sources said a new Esteem should also be out in the next six months.

I guess it means it will be out in 6 months..I read it as another face lift?

I love the "Esteem".One can still find a well preserved car even in the US, in Newyork especially, where small cars are more in demand by private users!.Nothing can beat the Esteem as far as driving is concerned.Here's a pic of my dad's 1994 Maruti 1000, that i enjoy driving even today!.It has 163000 plus km on the meter and is still alive and kicking!!......

'Sources' said...

No need they are always right...

I think the only car they can get 'off the shelf' is the liana... Which wont be succesful here...

Poor Maruti. They may not have any more 5 year old dies that Suzuki stopped making use of elsewhere in the world.

Not really

The most annoying part about Maruti is that they never improve the performance of the car! All they can come up with is "clear headlamps" and "cupholders" and then they go ahead and call it a new car.
Not to mention that all new models have parts that are actually hand-downs from other models.

Am sure Maruti cannot let go of a worthy car such as the Esteem. Lets hope at least this time we get to see some engine mods et al instead of pure cosmetic ones and they will find their way into many of the good hearted Indians if they are sensible enough to provide ABS and Airbags !(Am I asking too much !! ??) By the way, I just wanted to let you all know that the Suzuki Esteem in the US is nothing but our dear old Baleno..Comes with a 1.6L..Looks exactly like the Baleno (maybe a bit shrunk) but tagged Esteem, I had a close look at one of the cars that was parked at Walmart the other day. But the sad part is that brands like Suzuki and Hyundai are looked down here in the US.

Guys, here's the latest news from the Times of India...

"After Zen, it is time for Esteem and Baleno to undergo a makeover. Sources said Maruti Udyog will roll out two new sedans with a price tag of Rs 5 lakh and Rs 9 lakh next year.

While the sedan with lower price tag will replace Esteem, that carrying higher sticker price will edge out Baleno, MUL’s jinxed offering in the luxury segment.

Ahead of that, MUL will introduce the diesel variant of Swift next February-March. The diesel plant that is under construction, will cater exclusively to Swift.

While most of it will be used in domestic market, the rest are likely to be shipped to Suzuki’s Hungary plant where Swift is manufactured for EU markets."

Lets keep fingers crossed !!

Suzuki might want to get the naming conventions right. the present baleno in india is the esteem in most places & the present esteem is known only as the swift worldwide. maybe maruthi wants to name the new baleno as the esteem, as per their international convention. LOL

5 L and 9 lakh???

seems unlikely... 5 L car is ok... But, dont think Suzuki will take on direct competition Toyota Corolla and honda civic and the likes... 7 L seems more likely...

Baleno ia an excellent car... But a new baleno wont get much buyers from a segment above... Like what happened to the lancer cedia...