Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 15:08   #61
BANNED

Re: BMW India won't fulfil warranty on dead battery of a 4-month old 730d. EDIT: Now resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Hope they take a note of this incident and bring changes for betterment in future. I will update this thread when I take the car later next week.
Glad to know that your efforts paid off and the issue is as good as resolved now.

However, what is kinda disappointing is the amount of involvement/effort/trouble a Crore rupee car owner had to take to wake up the right people and get a genuine concern looked into and resolved.

I can imagine the number of such issues that go unnoticed by owners who simply send their cars with their drivers for service/running repairs and hand over a cheque for settlement post delivery OR do not bother to fight for them for whatever reasons.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 19:54   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW India won't fulfil warranty on dead battery of a 4-month old 730d. EDIT: Now resolved

The car is holding good and today a senior official from BMW India along with service head from Bird came to our Gurgaon office. They wanted to assure that this was an exceptional case of lapse and it's not a routine for them to reject claims especially for loyal customers and cars running under warranty/ BSI and they try best to support customers.

There were few rejections on claims of batteries in recent past for the cars which were lying at Dealerships as those were not charged timely so maybe Chandigarh dealer had some apprehensions on their claim getting rejected. I discussed my initial issues regarding oil change and condition of batteries for which they are trying to do some changes internally. They plan to carry out special checks at the factory for all such cars which are parked for a longer duration and change the oil and also batteries at the factory itself depending on the time of import/ manufacturing.

I appreciate the way they have handled the situation after initial goof-up and hope they reply promptly to all customers in future.

Once again, Thanks to all the members who supported me here.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st February 2018 at 20:07.
Turbanator is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 05:14   #63
BHPian

Congrats! So glad to hear that. Restores faith in the brand. Kudos to your persistence as well. Enjoy your beloved car. Wishing unlimited happy miles in the future. Cheers :-)
anup.bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:06   #64
Team-BHP Support

Good to hear they resolved it. I was quite surprised at how they denied the claim, and that too for a loyal customer like you. Whenever I've dealt with BMW in the past, they have been responsive and fair. Good that they managed to sort it out, small things like these are enough to put one off a brand which you've been loyal to for years.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks