Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:41   #16
BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs

These last shots finally give a hint to the tire brand. Looks like Bridgestone Ecopia here as well as was given in the Titanium+ version. Or am i identifying them wrong? With the trouble that the facebook group has caused in the recent few weeks, will Ford retain them.
Old 3rd March 2018, 12:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted

What happened to this S version?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4285144

This set of wheels is on the orange ecosport standing in front of the signature edition. Wonder when they will launch.

Last edited by ani_meher : 3rd March 2018 at 12:22.
Old 14th April 2018, 20:27   #18
BHPian

The Titanium S variant is claimed to be spotted again. The pictures are shared from an ecosport owners group and i don't know the authenticity of the photos but thought it would be ok to share it here.

The spotted vehicle is in a showroom this time. The vehicle has a 'KL(Kerala?)' temporary registration. The pictures look original.

The spotted vehicle has a sunroof, smoked headlamps, and blackened-out grille. From the photos, the instrument cluster looks similar to the international variant and the gear lever appears to have a 6th gear.
Will they display a export-spec model here in a showroom?

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs-ecs3.jpg

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs-ecs.jpg

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs-ecs2.jpg

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs-ecs4.jpg

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs-ecs5.jpg

Ford EcoSport Signature edition spotted. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.40 lakhs-ecs6.jpg

Source: EcoSpartans (Ford EcoSport Owners Club, Karnataka) / Facebook

Last edited by Aditya : 17th April 2018 at 16:35. Reason: Adding watermarks; source link
blueeyed is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 11:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sun roof will be a game changer. The alloys are equally praiseworthy. So finally:

- Sun roof
- New Petrol engine
- Six speed transmission
- Wider and better rubber
- New dashboard with floating display
- Build quality improvement (may be?)

I am sure this will increase footfall in Ford showrooms. Will it compete with Honda WRV? Let's see.
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 12:03   #20
BHPian

So, is Ford India winding down India operations or not ?
Old 16th April 2018, 12:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
So, is Ford India winding down India operations or not ?
And whats the basis of this rumour?

Ford was never going to wind up operations in India. They have made future partnerships with Mahindra etc to make sure they would be around even once the electric car norms kick in.
Old 16th April 2018, 12:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And whats the basis of this rumour?

Ford was never going to wind up operations in India. They have made future partnerships with Mahindra etc to make sure they would be around even once the electric car norms kick in.

Yes, Im aware of the electric car deal, posting link for benefit of forum readers.

https://www.indiainfoline.com/articl...2300016_1.html

There was a thread on TBHP itself, discussing the same due to comments made by Ford CFO Bob Shanks reviewing the future of India operations. This was in 2017.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...perations.html

Last edited by Ash_vtec : 16th April 2018 at 12:17. Reason: links not working
Old 16th April 2018, 12:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
There was a thread on TBHP itself, discussing the same due to comments made by Ford CFO Bob Shanks reviewing the future of India operations. This was in 2017.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...perations.html
Ah! Ok. The old thread - which was sparked by a clickbait title and anxiety due to GM's exit, IMO.

My opinion on that noted here (Ford CFO comments on the company's Indian operations) and the same feeling was echoed by GTO here (Ford CFO comments on the company's Indian operations).

I wouldn't worry too much about Ford at the moment. Sure they have their share of misses (New figo platform), but then they have enjoyed good success with the Ecosport and Endeavour too. No wonder they continue to make the Ecosport better.

Speaking of which - the S version with sunroof would definitely be my pick in this segment.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 14:00   #24
BHPian

C'mon Ford - Let the Ecosport S version become a reality.

But, please ensure its part of the regular line-up and not a limited edition.

OT- Back in 2010, I desperately wanted to get the Fiesta 1.6S in Aquarius Blue, but none of the dealers had stock in Chennai. Heck even a Silver was not available. Finally I had to settle with 1.6 ZXI ABS which I later spruced up with the OE Body kit from 1.6S.
Old 16th April 2018, 15:04   #25
BHPian

This new version looks really good. I personally loved the smoked headlights, the blackened out grille and new alloys. Was never a fan of sunroofs though. Looks like the console now has silver rings around the speedometer and the tachometer. But I would have loved if Ford replaced that with the previous gen console.

Last edited by sub.g84 : 16th April 2018 at 15:05. Reason: More content clarity
Old 16th April 2018, 15:09   #26
Team-BHP Support

How I wish they launch an AT diesel, that would be a huge hit. I know a couple of guys who would just go out and buy an AT diesel EcoSport.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 18:56   #27

No more claustrophobic back seats!
It's really appreciable of Ford to provide sunroof with S variant, which was only coming in WRV(& probably Creta facelift).

They also keep updating it based on feedback, recently with auto door lock and now bigger MID, which was only criticism of the facelift. Adding 6 speed manual gearbox will help relaxed cruising on highway.

With Freestyle launch around the corner and Figo facelifts coming soon, Ford will attract larger set of customers.
Old 16th April 2018, 19:55   #28
BHPian

Autocar claims the Ecosport Titanium S will be launched next month

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new..._medium=Social

Ford will introduce a new EcoSport Titanium S variant in the Indian market in May. The new trim will sit at the top of the current EcoSport line-up. Ford had only recently rejigged the EcoSport line-up with equipment changes across variants.

The EcoSport Titanium S will come with a sunroof – something which is becoming an increasingly sought-after feature in India. This new variant will also come in a unique alloy wheel design with gun metal finish, black grille, black fog lamp housing and headlamp inserts, and a dual-tone exterior finish. On the inside it will come with all-black interiors with exterior colour-coordinated inserts which will set it apart from the lower trims. The instrument cluster of the Titanium S also features chrome rings unavailable on the other variants.

Aforementioned cosmetic changes aside, the Titanium S trim is expected to debut a new six-speed gearbox. This new gearbox will eventually replace the IB5 five-speed unit seen in all current variants.

Additionally, Ford is also readying another special edition of the EcoSport that will be called the EcoSport Signature Edition. Also due for a launch in coming months, this Signature Edition of the EcoSport will get unique graphics on the exterior and a different alloy wheel design, along with a rear spoiler.

While the addition of a sunroof and added features on the EcoSport Titanium S variant is sure to entice buyers, what remains a question mark for now is its pricing. Should Ford price the version significantly higher than the current Titanium+ trim, the EcoSport could find itself competing with SUVs from a segment above. Interestingly, of the larger SUVs the EcoSport Titanium S could compete with, the Hyundai Creta is due to sport a sunroof with the arrival of the facelifted version, this May.
Avinash_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 06:57   #29
Team-BHP Support

I hope Ford doesn’t base the S version on the Titanium variant (like they did with the Figo S) and lose out on features like leather seats, full set of airbags, ESC etc.
Old 17th April 2018, 07:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I hope Ford doesn't base the S version on the Titanium variant (like they did with the Figo S) and lose out on features like leather seats, full set of airbags, ESC etc.
Yes, hope they don't do that.

But in the spyshots the vehicle doesn't have grab handles and is shown to have equipped with side curtain airbags( a feature exclusive to titanium+ now). Hope it has all other titanium+ features as well.

But there are other rumours that the S trim will come only with 'fly audio' and not 'sync3' as in lower variants of ecosport. Fly audio misses out on both android auto and apple carplay.

Last edited by blueeyed : 17th April 2018 at 07:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks