Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 07:19   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

My thougts on the video - Promotes street racing, if this video becomes popular, you can see a lot of people heading to kolli hills.

The editing is horrible, lots of fake tire squeals, no major engine sounds, video speed up at some parts, tiltled horizon in some shots which is typically used to add excitement when there is none.

My thoughts on the car- the safety pack of 6 airbags at that price is just fabulous. The in car entertainment upgrade is a huge one and very welcoming.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 08:19   #197
BHPian

re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

I hope Ford dosen't end up offering an AMT in their cars later as a result of the low pricing. That could be the end of sales for Ford's automatic cars in India. One would rather buy a Maruti.

Any news on when is the launch of Figo twins?
Old 27th April 2018, 09:45   #198
BHPian

Re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

Folks,

Attaching the price list of the Freestyle in Bangalore.

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-screenshot_20180427094217813_cn.wps.moffice_eng.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Copy of Pricelist_Format New Freestyle 25_4_2018.pdf (120.8 KB, 479 views)

Last edited by Prathiiik : 27th April 2018 at 09:58.
Prathiiik is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 10:19   #199
Senior - BHPian

All trims are complete value for money with possibly no point to crib or complain about this very honest attempt from Ford.

The product undoubtedly is comparable to the premium hatchback segment players and it seems nothing has been compromised on features front too.

Diesel specifically is a hoot to drive. I was checking with my dealer yesterday and he confirmed that petrol auto will also be launched around festive season. He indicated that petrol auto may come with 1.5 Dragon instead of 1.2 Dragon mill as the TC offered in Ecosport has been calibrated with bigger engine. He also suggested that Ford might offer automatic from Trend onward (3 trims with automatic).
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 10:33   #200
Team-BHP Support

Ford has played it shrewd here!

I was going through the feature list and prices shared here and couldn't fathom how the diff. between Ambiente and Trend is almost a lakh for seemingly barely any additional features while that between Trend and Titanium is a measly 40k for some equipment.

A quick check on Ford's website revealed why: Ambiente doesn't get any infotainment system. It will be completely barebones: no speakers, no radio, no USB.

So, who exactly will go for the Ambiente, which is the reason we're celebrating Ford's pricing!
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 10:49   #201
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

I was going through the feature list and prices shared here and couldn't fathom how the diff. between Ambiente and Trend is almost a lakh for seemingly barely any additional features while that between Trend and Titanium is a measly 40k for some equipment.

A quick check on Ford's website revealed why: Ambiente doesn't get any infotainment system. It will be completely barebones: no speakers, no radio, no USB.

So, who exactly will go for the Ambiente, which is the reason we're celebrating Ford's pricing!
Agreed that nobody's going to buy the base variant, and it's pricing is a bait to attract buyers into the showroom. But in higher variants, it is an excellent package that is offered at a better price as compared to its rivals.
Old 27th April 2018, 10:57   #202
BHPian

Quote:

Well, nobody's gonna buy the Ambiente anyway! Maybe the cab operators. Most of the sales will happen with the Trend and Titanium and folks here are rejoicing for the pricing of all variants and not just for the Ambiente.
Porschefire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 11:28   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

All the past baggage apart, I hope the Freestyle sells well at this price.

Heavy marketing effort required to get the message out.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 12:21   #204
Team-BHP Support

What's really important is Ford hold the prices until the product gets some traction. They got away with hikes soon after launch with Ecosport facelift, but that's an established and reasonably succesful product line, a luxury the Figo family doesn't have.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th April 2018 at 12:22.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 12:57   #205
BHPian

Quote:

Ambiente has:
Dual front airbags
ABS with ABD
Rear parking sensors
Auto door locking (at 15kph)
Keyless entry
Rear fog lamps
Front power windows with driver’s side auto down function
(Taken from Autocar website).

So apart from missing music system it isn't bare bones and for some one on a budget it is a good choice.
Compare this with the Swift Lxi and you will know what bare bones is. It starts at similar price and doesn't even offer central locking, no power windows, no parking sensors, no music system and starts at 5 Lac ex showroom.
driftagain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 13:29   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
So apart from missing music system it isn't bare bones and for some one on a budget it is a good choice.
Compare this with the Swift Lxi and you will know what bare bones is.
By barebones, I meant specific to ICE. As I posted earlier, I am a big fan of manufacturers who don't skim on safety and safety-related comfort/convenience features.

What you've mentioned is one reason why I didn't include Maruti while voting in the Swift vs. Others thread.

Quote:
Aggressive pricing; hope this version of the Figo gets its due. As someone mentioned, here's hoping Ford doesn't do a flip-flop on pricing and features.

For a car starting at 5 lakhs, standard dual front airbags and ABS is just terrific.
Old 27th April 2018, 14:38   #207
Senior - BHPian

Looks like kerb weight has gone up by 20-30 kilos compared to Figo. Folks who have seen the car in person can point out if the car feels more solid than Figo.
Old 27th April 2018, 14:55   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I did. In my case it was the Aspire for exactly the same price. At this price point it was and is value for money. My budget was 6 lakhs and no other car offered the same features, space and safety at that price point. The base models of the Figo family are much better than similar models of their competitors. Similar would be the case with the Freestyle - there will be takers.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 15:06   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
My thougts on the video - Promotes street racing, if this video becomes popular, you can see a lot of people heading to kolli hills.

The editing is horrible, lots of fake tire squeals, no major engine sounds, video speed up at some parts, tiltled horizon in some shots which is typically used to add excitement when there is none.

My thoughts on the car- the safety pack of 6 airbags at that price is just fabulous. The in car entertainment upgrade is a huge one and very welcoming.
On a lighter note, the first thought I got when I saw this video was it is very similar to Range Rover Sport – Dragon Challenge shot at Tiananmen Mountain, China.

Great attempt by Ford to design a mass market hatchback, grounds-up to be fun to drive car and at a good price.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 15:54   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Folks who have seen the car in person can point out if the car feels more solid than Figo.
I did in fact check out the Freestyle vs the Figo, and have to say the sheet metal did sound and feel more solid. Also the door closed with a heavier “thud” than on the Figo. On the whole feels much more premium than the Figo.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks