Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 14:33   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

Excellent pricing!!

I was planning to replace my Grand I10 with Figo sports. Would definitely consider Freestyle now . What is the weight difference between Figo sports and Freestyle? As per Autocar, 0-100 of Freestyle 1.5 diesel is 11.7 seconds, that's more than a second slower than Figo.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 14:46   #167
GT3
BHPian

This is just bonkers pricing and represents excellent value for money. Just wondering what the price of the facelift Figo hatch would be. Any idea on the launch date of the Figo twins?? Wish they also improve the structural strength of the car, since the hatch scored a 0 star in the Latin NCAP.

Last edited by GT3 : 26th April 2018 at 14:51.
GT3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 14:49   #168
BHPian

Wow! Really awesome pricing from Ford.
Makes me want to take a good second look at the freestyle as we have already booked a swift AMT for mom. However the main reason for the swift is it's fuel efficient petrol engine -AMT combination.
Since the freestyle is without an automatic, it's looses out. But after reading and watching many reviews, seems ford has finally solved it's petrol engine shortcomings!

With really excellent pricing from Ford for the freestyle, I am sure the standard Figo hatch will be even more value for money when it's launched.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 26th April 2018 at 14:51.
Old 26th April 2018, 14:51   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Clever pricing trick to make it look like it's cheaper than the Figo hatch. Only the Ambiente variant is cheaper than the Figo by about 40k, all other variants - that would actually sell - are similarly or slightly higher priced than equivalent Figo variants.

Make no mistake though, the pricing is great, and a good indicator of where the new Figo will land.
The other variants are priced slightly higher than figo (approx 10k) but they offer more features. Main one being the touchscreen unit and couple of others like bigger tyres etc.
Great pricing!!! Automags had predicted a 40-50k premium over figo.
Old 26th April 2018, 14:53   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Excellent pricing!!

I was planning to replace my Grand I10 with Figo sports. Would definitely consider Freestyle now . What is the weight difference between Figo sports and Freestyle? As per Autocar, 0-100 of Freestyle 1.5 diesel is 11.7 seconds, that's more than a second slower than Figo.
Not sure of the Sports, but it is around the same as the Figo which is around 1000 kgs and the Freestyle is around 80 kgs more.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 15:07   #171
BHPian

Excellent pricing. Well done Ford!!!!

Excellent distribution of features across variants. Similar to Ecosport, the Trend variant seems to be very well equipped and is a great VFM.

If they can do the same to the Figo Twins, I feel Ford, for once, has an excellent product line with real VFM, which includes the Endy as well.
Old 26th April 2018, 15:09   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Not sure of the Sports, but it is around the same as the Figo which is around 1000 kgs and the Freestyle is around 80 kgs more.
Thanks!

More weight and higher GC explains the slower timing. Anyways, 11.7 seconds 0-100 is the fastest amongst hatch based Cross overs .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 26th April 2018 at 15:11.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 15:16   #173
Team-BHP Support

Aggressive pricing; hope this version of the Figo gets its due. As someone mentioned, here's hoping Ford doesn't do a flip-flop on pricing and features.

For a car starting at 5 lakhs, standard dual front airbags and ABS is just terrific.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 16:03   #174
BANNED

Perfect pricing, I will even go to the extent of saying that titanium+ of this one (Only diesel) makes more sense than going for a base trim of Ecosport or Nexon (They are also hatchbacks on stilts after all). Still, with a high GC and a powerful motor, this is potentially the best hatchback to buy for Indian roads.

Quote:
As per Autocar, 0-100 of Freestyle 1.5 diesel is 11.7 seconds, that's more than a second slower than Figo.
Oh c'mon Dr., not you at least.

You should talk in this style:
"Yes, it is 11.7 but wait, after the tuning it will be 9.7. Well, wait again, after I get some more stuff it will be 9.1. Then I will get more aggressive tune of 120 bhp and 280 Nm and it will be 8.5, yeah, that sounds reasonable. Oh yes, let's talk about the numbers we get after the tuning!"

Last edited by VKumar : 26th April 2018 at 16:08.
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 16:06   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

More weight and higher GC explains the slower timing. Anyways, 11.7 seconds 0-100 is the fastest amongst hatch based Cross overs .
If performance is anything to go by, you should probably wait for the updated Figo. It should sit lower, weigh lesser and go faster. For practicality, freestyle is the one to go.

Last edited by PrideRed : 26th April 2018 at 16:12.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 16:19   #176
BHPian

Superb pricing by Ford, nobody can blame them of not trying hard enough to ensure that the Figo platform succeeds. I think, at this point, most flaws that we might identify with the product & Ford India's strategy would only be nitpicking. Honestly can't think of anything else they could have done that would have made any more significant difference, in terms of the appeal of the product. It's spot on. If this fails, I really don't see what Ford can do with the existing platform to convince their TG in India.

Also wondering now, does the regular Figo even make any sense? I know it isn't going to cost Ford much, in order to continue selling it alongside the Freestyle, but to what end? Even with the new engine & the facelift, it's gonna struggle to differentiate itself enough, from the competition - in terms of what most buyers are lookin for in this segment. I think it makes sense to back the Freestyle against competition like the Grand i10, Swift & Ignis and put all of Ford's marketing muscle to help it succeed.
da_lowrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 16:24   #177
BHPian

I just called Elite Ford in Bangalore and they have not received the prices yet. They said they are expecting it on Saturday.

At <7 Lacs(ex-showroom) for the top-end Petrol which according to the reviews is different from other 1.2 petrols, this seems very tempting to go in and replace my Nano.

I heard the petrol would be BS-VI compliant and had a question if the Diesel would be too?

Thank you in advance!
Old 26th April 2018, 16:38   #178
BHPian

Absolutely fantastic pricing ! The only thing i would have liked to change is adjustable headrests at the rear and if they could provide the awesome Sync3 touchscreen on the Titanium variant, instead of the alloys ! i Alloys can always be fitted later, but not the Sync3 system. That would've enabled to Ford to price the Titanium variant even lower.

If someone doesn't want the 6 airbags, he could've then gone for the Titanium instead of the Titanium + and saved some moolah.
Old 26th April 2018, 16:53   #179
BHPian

Killer introductory pricing from Ford! Entry level trim is priced around 1.5 lakhs lower than the prices of similar trims from Hyundai i20 Active and Toyota Etios Cross.

Advantage - Excellent all-rounder package with all the bells and whistles in top models, more powerful engines with better torque and driving dynamics than competitors.

Disadvantage - Negative perception about Ford after sales service standard, resale value and market reach.

Ford needs to aggressively market their products to reach the target audience.

Let’s see how the market responds in coming months!

Last edited by Subby : 26th April 2018 at 16:57.
Old 26th April 2018, 17:17   #180
Team-BHP Support

Very reasonable pricing i would say, Ford has been aggressive in this department with most of the recent launches. Issue is, their marketing and sales team somehow is not able to leverage this and create turn around for the brand in the market. Personally i like the brand, have been on and off customer since last two decades, and maintenance is one of the reasonable ones around. Especially if one maintains the car as per recommended intervals at the dealership.

Also wonder why they did not even think about introducing the AT? i personally would have delayed the car purchase and picked one up if Ford was to launch the AT. Do they have a capacity issue with the new AT box?
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed