Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 18:56   #181
BHPian

re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Very reasonable pricing i would say, Ford has been aggressive in this department with most of the recent launches. Issue is, their marketing and sales team somehow is not able to leverage this and create turn around for the brand in the market. Personally i like the brand, have been on and off customer since last two decades, and maintenance is one of the reasonable ones around. Especially if one maintains the car as per recommended intervals at the dealership.

Also wonder why they did not even think about introducing the AT? i personally would have delayed the car purchase and picked one up if Ford was to launch the AT. Do they have a capacity issue with the new AT box?
Their DCTs ran into reliabilty concerns and this Torque Converter unit in 2018 Ecosport is imported would be costly and shoot up the price of Freestyle.
During the launch, they'd have wanted a better sticker price hence no Auto option now.
They might add an Autobox variant @ a later point of time or Maybe they'll bring in AMT at a later time (Following Maruti, TATA and others)
vaasscit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 19:12   #182
BHPian

Brilliant pricing Ford. They have placed it very close to the Figo. All the varients looks decently equipped. Even the lowest varient is not compromised in terms of safety. I think they didn't offer an automatic initially to keep the launch prices low. I think it will be added in the future. Hope this strategy will have a positive effect on their sales.

Last edited by Flyer : 26th April 2018 at 19:16.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 19:15   #183
Senior - BHPian

Such an amazing price that earlier Figo owners may feel cheated I always wanted Figo twins to succeed, so that car makers understand the importance of an amazing engine and low running cost, hope freestyle teaches lesson to other car makers!

On a different note, being in the market for a new car, I am quiet disappointed at the fact that they don't have any auto options even for the petrol, if the diesel had an AMT or auto option I would have already been at the showroom now.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 19:21   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
You should talk in this style:
"Yes, it is 11.7 but wait, after the tuning it will be 9.7. Well, wait again, after I get some more stuff it will be 9.1. Then I will get more aggressive tune of 120 bhp and 280 Nm and it will be 8.5, yeah, that sounds reasonable. Oh yes, let's talk about the numbers we get after the tuning!"

The car has got good potential. A simple remap could up the power to 125-130 hp easily .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 19:28   #185
BHPian

pricing vs the swift and old figo
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-31306914_1925055330860781_1446496154295398340_n.jpg  

oli.ferns is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 20:19   #186
BHPian

The prices are tempting and frankly undercuts the competition by a huge margin. But I think the low initial prices are a bait to trap them to cough up several thousands more on maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Such an amazing price that earlier Figo owners may feel cheated I always wanted Figo twins to succeed, so that car makers understand the importance of an amazing engine and low running cost, hope freestyle teaches lesson to other car makers!
The low running cost part, I am not so sure. My Figo just had 2 of its injectors fail with a quote of 32K. I would not touch another Ford unless they solve it through goodwill warranty. Injectors failing on a 6 year old 75000 run car isn't acceptable in 2018.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 20:34   #187
BHPian

What people consistently fail to credit Ford for is their focus on safety. If I am not wrong, Figo and Freestyle are the only cars in their respective segments offering 6 airbags. Whats more is the pretty reasonable pricing at which these 6 airbag variants are offered. So a few misses here and there in terms of a few features, if any, should not be a worry as safety offered by the car should be the paramount criteria imo.
By the way, Freestyle pricing is absolutely brilliant and if I were looking for a car in this segment, I would go for the petrol top variant with my eyes closed.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 20:36   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The prices are tempting and frankly undercuts the competition by a huge margin. But I think the low initial prices are a bait to trap them to cough up several thousands more on maintenance.

The low running cost part, I am not so sure. My Figo just had 2 of its injectors fail with a quote of 32K. I would not touch another Ford unless they solve it through goodwill warranty. Injectors failing on a 6 year old 75000 run car isn't acceptable in 2018.
Really unfortunate to hear, hope it's one off case. My Figo is going super strong at 107,000+ kms. No rattling, no fuss car.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 21:32   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Unfortunate that you had such a premature failure, I don't even own a ford, but have seen plenty of Asipre Taxi with lot of miles clocked, and engine remains as good as new! Even the owners were happy about the running cost.

If I remember right, there was a thread about a figo Taxi and running cost was extremely low compared to my swift.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 21:53   #190
Senior - BHPian

Autocars sponsored feature of Gaurav Gill driving the Freestyle up Kolli Hills near Salem.

Although sponsored, there few points he mentioned which says it's more of a driver's car.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 22:02   #191
BHPian

It's heartening to see another good attempt to regain what they deserve. Honestly, I was thinking that they might price it bit high but they have taken everyone by surprise.
Love to see them do good especially since they are constantly making good additions/improvements in their products and their low service cost is a delight to customers.
They are up with the features, modern design, covered the safety aspect, bang on with the power figures and now the pricing too is just perfect.Products like this tempts for an exchange and it's hard to control that emotion.
Wish ford a lot of success and many more customers.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 22:22   #192
BHPian

Brilliant pricing.

I think we will see a lot of people in the market for low and mid variant of Ecosport might switch to Freestyle.

Freestyle Titanium+ is 50k cheaper than Ecosport Ambiente.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 23:47   #193
BHPian

Ford has priced the car well. Although the base variants are cheaper than base variants of Figo and Aspire, one must not forget Figo and Aspire always carry a good discount. Plus Ford is not able to handle prices and features well. After some time they start increasing prices and removing features. Ecosport is a very good example if that. It will be great of they don't do it this time.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 02:03   #194
BHPian

Very well done Ford but why not an AT on offer. You will not be serious if think that range of variant is complete without automatic included. And please make it a proper AT. It will be great to have a Trend+ 1.2L Dragon version with 6-speed automatic transmission, offered close to 7L ex-showroom.
Old 27th April 2018, 02:05   #195
BHPian

Brilliant pricing, hopefully this car will sell better than the Figo & Aspire. The Titanium + variant is seriously loaded with things like Electrochromic IRVM, Auto headlight, Auto wiper, a touch based HU & the full safety kit. Hopefully the new 1.2 dragon engine will be better to drive than the outgoing 1.2 Ti-vct engine. I get to regularly drive a 1.2 L petrol Aspire, according to me the worst thing about that car is the weak 1.2 L engine.

While going through the brochure I came across a strange thing, it seems that even the Titanium variant (not the Titanium +) gets ESP, HLA, TCS. Even the Ecosport only gets these things in the Titanium + variant. Kudos to Ford for providing things like ESP, HLA, TCS in 2 variants.

Attaching a screenshot of the brochure, check the 3rd last column under the Safety & Security section:

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-freestyle-equipment.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 27th April 2018 at 02:09.
chiranjitp is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks