Team-BHP - Pics : Optra CDX (Diesel) spotted..EDIT now Launched. Pg. 5
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pics : Optra CDX (Diesel) spotted..EDIT now Launched. Pg. 5 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19494-pics-optra-cdx-diesel-spotted-edit-now-launched-pg-5-a.html)

Had seen this Chevrolet Optra CDX yesterday, when it passed by very close. (Was undergoing testing). Was amazed by how refined the engine sounds. Managed to get a few pics today. Has decent grunt too. Must be the 2.0L engine.
(Sorry, couldnt get pics of the CDX badge, but it was there.). All I can say is, Skoda Octavia, better watch out!
You can also see the Lacetti badge. :)

If it is the 2.0L engine, we would be looking at 121ps and 280Nm. The 1.9TDi is no match for this powerplant then.

Great find! The 2.0 Diesel is just what the doctor ordered to rejuvenate Optra sales. They have fallen big time and are barely at 300 - 400 cars a month.

Buttttttttttttttttttt I hope GM does not do a pricing blunder. The Octavia is no longer the only diesel sedan for 10 lacs. Theres the competent Verna and the super-smooth Fiesta to contend with.

Considering that the 1.6 Optra goes for under 8 lacs OTR in Mumbai, a 9 lac price would be mouth-watering. Question is...what will the price be vis-a-vis the 1.8?

The competent Verna and the super- smooth fiesta are DEFENITLY a class below the optra...

It would sell well within 9+ lakhs considering, Verna and fiesta diesels sell between 8-9L

@sajo: Great find!!!

@SAJO - Are you sure the CDX is a diesel..

Just couldn't help googling after your post - The CDX (which resembles the car in your picture) is a petrol car according to this link.

Chevrolet Lacetti CDX 4 door - Engine & Transmission - Chevrolet Lacetti - Chevrolet UK

The new Lacetti TDCi with a 2.0 litre engine is to be introduced in the Bologna auto show, as per the below link. The looks are entirely different

Moldova.org - Auto - News - 2007 Chevrolet Lacetti TCDi Diesel Revealed

I think the Chevy people are not yet into the diesel game in India, but for the Tavera.

please: correct me if i am wrong. No offense meant.

nice find....somehow you seem to get lucky again and again :p

First the Estilo and now this :P

Keep them coming dude!!

Hey Sajo, this looks promising. ACI mentioned something about a 150bhp engine. which can later be used in the captiva.

First would be the Optra Diesel then Spark I guess and in btw the CAptiva.
Diesel Optra sure would cost 9lac plus making iy 10lac plus OTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugram (Post 335592)

Just couldn't help googling after your post - The CDX (which resembles the car in your picture) is a petrol car according to this link.

Chevrolet Lacetti CDX 4 door - Engine & Transmission - Chevrolet Lacetti - Chevrolet UK

:Shockked: You are right!! It probably isnt a diesel. No wonder it sounded so smooth and revvy.
I am sorry, I got carried away by the badge! Should have researched a bit. I apologise for misleading everyone. Moderators can close this thread.

PS : Will post something definitely more relevant later, to make up for this debacle. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugram (Post 335592)
I think the Chevy people are not yet into the diesel game in India, but for the Tavera.
please: correct me if i am wrong. No offense meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 335657)
:Shockked: You are right!! It probably isnt a diesel. No wonder it sounded so smooth and revvy.

Hey, SAJO rest assured it is a diesel, I was at one of the chevy dealerships today, (for servicing my optra) where i saw the same car, you instantly recognise that it is a diesel from its engine sound.

I also got to know that it is undergoing tests at the ARAI and is expected to be launched in March '07.

The badging might be misleading, but i'm quiet sure that it's a diesel!

Nice work there imp and sajo.

Optra comfort,good looks coupled with the diesel effect and boy do you have a killer product.Now all that is needed is a killer price tag too.

And yes GM will surely have toyota and hyundai caught on the wrong foot.

Exellent catch sajo and IMP. :)
Optra Diesel will be a success for sure. Even if they price it higher thanks to its comfort feature it will sell like hot cakes.
Optra Diesel and Aveo U-Va, GM India is on roll

Some articles which came up in 2005:

1>. Diesel optra-rediff.com
2>. Diesel optra-economic times

GM it seems is keeping its word.Well done GM[if true]

Wow.. Great Find..
I have seen 2 testing cars with GJ 17 Reg and seen 2-3 cars with Gj registration on Tbhp.

Why there is GJ 17 registration ? Anything specific ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

@Ojas & Indrajit -- nice find guys !! It has a 1.9 litre engine - right ??

@Mugen - GJ 17 registration as the factory is situated in Halol, Gujarat.