Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 12:15   #31
BHPian

re: The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
All things considered the Trailhawk should be about the same price as the Limited since it too may not have a sunroof and it does loose out on DCT and some other bits. It's really a question of the difference in cost of the engines.
The 4X4 limited (O) is currently priced at 22L ex-showroom. Add the trailhawk specific changes (~1L) and the auto box (~1L).

That's 24L ex showroom. 5L road tax and 1L for insurance will make it 30L on road.
Old 9th February 2018, 15:53   #32
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel that at current price levels the current compass sales will drop from 2000/ mth level to 1000/ mth level in another 12 mths.

I asked a few people who have Not bought the compass but considered it or were considering it what they thought the Max on road price of the compass could be and they felt it could be about 18L (they felt the Hexa too would be about 18L) obviously they are mistaken but it also shows that the Compass for all it's good virtues is not going to be able to sustain numbers once the enthusiast are done with their purchases. I feel it is over priced by 3 L and being good value compared to a Tucson that does not sell is of no relevance. Yes earlier higher priced CBU Jeep models did raised pricing perception but none sold implying that Jeep does not command the premium it asked equivalent to Luxury brands.

Yes Compass is borderline competitive but it needs to build on this by adding value. Trailhawk is an opportunity for this and to fill up the missing Diesel AT 4x4 slot.

The smaller Jeep will again have to fight and be price competitive.

Missing Sunroof, Auto lights and wipers needs to be corrected with models coming in at the current price points itself to improve the attractiveness of the package.

This is true for any brand any model.

So while we are talking about a 30L Trailhawk this is dangerously close to base and midrange Endeavour and fortuner in pricing and they are much more capable.

The objective of Trailhawk if just a halo effect then it is fine but if sales is expected it should be close to 25L OTR.

Last edited by ACM : 9th February 2018 at 16:03.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 16:11   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

So this is the car Duster AWD owners will aspire to upgrade to eh? Especially with the Yeti / Karoq being priced considerably higher!

Should be quite fun too! Compact enough for the city, and yet can handle most of the dirty work that would be thrown in it's way!

I sincerely hope they launch an AT variant too! Would be fun to have something like this in the garage in a few years when the S-Cross is up for replacement.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 16:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Jeep to launch Compass Trailhawk in India in 2018

Quote:
The objective of Trailhawk if just a halo effect then it is fine but if sales is expected it should be close to 25L OTR.

It just cannot be priced at 25 lakh OTR as the Limited(O) 4*4 is already at 27.5 OTR Bangalore. The Trailhawk needs to be priced sub 20 lakh ex showroom for it to be in 25 lakh OTR.

I have seldom seen companies reducing prices and the discounts are not huge in this segment.

The only thing FCA can do is to add on additional features to the existing variants to make it more attractive.

FCA has a production capability of 2k a month. As long as they are able to hit that number with domestic + export, they will milk the Compass.
Old 9th February 2018, 19:52   #35
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
It just cannot be priced at 25 lakh OTR as the Limited(O) 4*4 is already at 27.5 OTR Bangalore. The Trailhawk needs to be priced sub 20 lakh ex showroom for it to be in 25 lakh OTR.

I have seldom seen companies reducing prices and the discounts are not huge in this segment.

The only thing FCA can do is to add on additional features to the existing variants to make it more attractive.

FCA has a production capability of 2k a month. As long as they are able to hit that number with domestic + export, they will milk the Compass.
I of course have been referring to OTR Bombay prices not Bangalore.

We are not here to make things easy for Jeep.

Yes Fiat has been satisfied with sale of engines in India.

S Cross was at sales levels of 1xxx and it was deemed a failure by Maruti standards and they dropped prices by 2L first and then brought in a significant face lift.

Frankly like the Creta has shown the market can hold a much higher unit count of such SUVs if the brand, pricing and value proposition clicks overall.

The current compass unit count though a promising start can taper down quite fast. Duster, XUV500 are both good examples of this.

The current compass though lovely did not meet my spec requirements so I didn't pick it up.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 14:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The current compass unit count though a promising start can taper down quite fast. Duster, XUV500 are both good examples of this.

The current compass though lovely did not meet my spec requirements so I didn't pick it up.
Unless a competitor offers a better product at same price range, I don't see why Compass numbers should fall. Duster was selling good even after Ecosport was launched. Its only after Creta came-which in fact is Duster's direct rival, the sales plummeted. Compass is slightly overpriced but then there is no direct competition to it in reality. The Creta comes with smaller engine/lacks 4x4 option, the Tuscon is about3-4 lacs expensive. Majority of Hexa/Crysta/XUV buyers have different requirement who would anyway not consider the Compass.

What looks promising for Compass is even the Auto expo 2018 did not have any possible direct competition. In Bangalore if I am looking for a diesel SUV in 20-25lac space - Compass is the only one(barring XUV which is quite old now).
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 16:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
This is a new colour by name magnesium grey. It will be available by this weekend as per the sales guys. No info about the trailhawk variant though
Looks like a shade of chocolate brown to me?
Old 13th February 2018, 17:00   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Had checked Compass last weekend with my uncle. Asked about the Trailhawk edition.

Apart from the cosmetic changes, this will feature cruise control and sunroof. And the on road price will approx be 33L (Cochin).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 17:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Had checked Compass last weekend with my uncle. Asked about the Trailhawk edition.

Apart from the cosmetic changes, this will feature cruise control and sunroof. And the on road price will approx be 33L (Cochin).

Doubt if will be that expensive. What is the Limited(O) 4*4 prices in Cochin? Should be around 27 lakh OTR. That makes the Trailhawk costlier by 6 Lakh OTR?

At that price I guess the Trailhawk would not sell. It can be packed up with the rest of the other Halo Jeep Models.:
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 18:30   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Doubt if will be that expensive. What is the Limited(O) 4*4 prices in Cochin? Should be around 27 lakh OTR. That makes the Trailhawk costlier by 6 Lakh OTR?

At that price I guess the Trailhawk would not sell. It can be packed up with the rest of the other Halo Jeep Models.:
The objective of Jeep would not be to sell volumes with the Trailhawk. It would be purely adding to the Compass's product image of great off roadability. Jeep would use it in marketing campaigns covering difficult expeditions and how the compass can tackle all kinds of terrain.
Old 14th February 2018, 07:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's around 27L. The dude wasn't well informed so I took it lightly but it might cross 30L. AT 27L, my uncle wasn't keen on it but decided to hold it and wait for the diesel AT and try other manufacturers.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 12:55   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Sushant Balsekar shares this on his Twitter from Mumbai:

Quote:
My day began with the evaluation of the India-spec #Trailhawk. Drove a calibration of a proto on Mumbai roads. It’s coming together really well!
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-dwds0tkwkaaoiwr.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 13:03   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sushant Balsekar shares this on his

Where are the Trailhawk spec rims, tow hook, bonnet vinyl etc?

This pic is misleading OR this is a trailhawk underneath with regular Compass body.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 13:22   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sushant Balsekar shares this on his Twitter from Mumbai:
The front bumper with its chrome 'lip' clearly says this is not a Trailhawk variant.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 14:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

This he clarified as a proto. It will be a TrailHawk with the regular Compass body panels.

Probably the gearbox, suspension and the 4*4 hardware of the Trailhawk is under the skin.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks