Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 20:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Some more confusion. The below article says that the Trailhawk will also be available with a 1.4 litre engine and a torque converter 6 speed Auto. :
Everyone seems to be having a field day with FCA's silence.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/jeep-comp...ch-1862796/amp
Old 11th June 2018, 09:35   #92
BHPian

re: The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Some more confusion. The below article says that the Trailhawk will also be available with a 1.4 litre engine and a torque converter 6 speed Auto. :
Everyone seems to be having a field day with FCA's silence.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/jeep-comp...ch-1862796/amp
Frustrating from FCA all around. Ambiguity on product, pricing and launch date.
Old 11th June 2018, 09:46   #93
BHPian

I was very much keen on the Compass before I booked my XUV. I wanted a good Diesel Automatic as my daily driver. To me, a car in the 20+ lac range NEEDS to be an AT. I had expressed interest at the dealer regarding the Diesel AT and asked them to contact me when they have more details on the launch. I got a call last week, and they told me it is due launch early 2019, and will be approx 32lacs on road. They also said it is unlikely that there will be a non-trailhawk diesel AT, as they have had no details about it...
psinide is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 10:30   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a Trailhawk body kit available? I saw a silver Compass with the similar front and rear bumpers, similar alloys, similar bonnet and quad tail pipes. It was on the other side of the road moving in the opposite direction and I didn't have the liberty to have a close look.
Old 11th June 2018, 20:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is there a Trailhawk body kit available? I saw a silver Compass with the similar front and rear bumpers, similar alloys, similar bonnet and quad tail pipes. It was on the other side of the road moving in the opposite direction and I didn't have the liberty to have a close look.

Probably a Trailhawk testing undisguised. Ravenavi also shared undisguised Trailhawk photos recently.
Old 12th June 2018, 09:22   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Probably a Trailhawk testing undisguised. Ravenavi also shared undisguised Trailhawk photos recently.
Seems unlikely. I saw it yesterday, again from a distance. It came to a supermarket nearby. Both the times, the car was being used in a residential areas which is an unlikely place for a test car. Number plates were missing, no TR or TC plates either.
Old 12th July 2018, 09:02   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Trailhawk launch delayed - pushed to end 2018 or early 2019.

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20180711110750_trailo.jpg

Quote:
Jeep is learnt to be in the process of calibrating its engines for India to meet the Bharat Stage VI emission norms that come into effect in 2020 and it is possible the delay is on account of the upgrades

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th July 2018 at 09:04.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 10:02   #98
A M
BHPian

Now that it has tasted success, I was hoping Jeep would be more proactive and aggressive with its new launches but, I think, old habits die hard. Forget the new launches, they are continuously delaying the Trailhawk launch. Not a good thing from the business perspective. Compass' sales are already dropping and being on the silent mode is not going to help. I fear them going the Fiat way.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 10:36   #99
BHPian

I don't think the trailhawk version is going to sell in great numbers. At best, it will help Jeep stay in the news. Nobody is begging for a 32L off-roader. But they better launch a diesel automatic in the Limited trim, as that is what premium customers are waiting for.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 11:04   #100
BHPian

This is what I heard from an FCA insider, who is part of their national marketing team: The 9 speed gearbox is too expensive to be offered in existing variants. This is why it has been selected for the ultra-top Trailhawk version. A six or seven speed gearbox is a possibility, but nothing certain as of now. FCA did not anticipate that the demand for affordable auto SUVs would grow so much so fast.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 11:56   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
FCA did not anticipate that the demand for affordable auto SUVs would grow so much so fast.
Wow! I wonder what they are paying their dedicated market research teams for? Some manufacturers appear to be so clueless, it seems almost deliberate.

This thing is so stupid, it's not even funny.
Old 25th October 2018, 07:21   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass Trailhawk spotted again in India,

Quote:
spotted the Compass Trail Hawk being tested near Tribune Chowk in Chandigarh.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-1.jpg

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-2.jpg

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 20:41   #103
Senior - BHPian

India-spec Jeep Compass Trailhawk spied

The Jeep Compass Trailhawk. EDIT: Launched @ 26.8 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20181027075120_trailhawkx.jpg

Jeep Compass Trailhawk for India could launch by end of the year.

Likely to come with diesel-auto variant.

Quote:
Jeep has begun testing the India-spec Compass Trailhawk SUV. Test-mules of the upcoming Compass variant were spied recently in Jaipur. Jeep currently sells the Compass in Sport, Latitude, Limited and the recently launched Limited Plus trims. The Trailhawk variant will sit at the top of the range and will come with more features and a much-awaited diesel-automatic configuration
Quote:
The India launch of the Jeep Compass Trailhawk was expected to take place earlier this year but was delayed due Jeep working on its engines meet the Bharat Stage VI emission norms that come into effect in 2020.
Quote:
The SUV also sits 20mm higher than its standard variant and gets uniquely designed front and rear bumpers, which result in better approach (30 degree) and departure (33.6 degree) angles. It will also get dual-tone alloy wheels, similar to the ones seen on the Compass limited Plus, red recovery hooks, a black anti-glare bonnet decal and skid plate.
Quote:
Expect Jeep to price the Compass Trailhawk at around Rs 2.5 lakh more than the current top-end trim.

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 10:28   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Expect Jeep to price the Compass Trailhawk at around Rs 2.5 lakh more than the current top-end trim.
Quote:
1.4 Limited Plus (Petrol) Rs 21.41 lakh
2.0 Limited Plus 4x2 (Diesel) Rs 21.07 lakh
2.0 Limited Plus 4x4 (Diesel) Rs 22.85 lakh
A 2.5L premium over the existing top end means they will price it around 25.5L ex-showroom? That would be a cool 4L over the Petrol AT. I wonder how many people will still find value in it as the the majority buyers are only going to use it on tarmac.
Old 31st October 2018, 07:41   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep to launch Compass BS-VI Diesel Engine By May 2019 -hence the Trailhawk launch was delayed.

Quote:
Jeep, as we know, is also working on launching the Compass Trailhawk version and it will be the first variant to get the BS-VI compliant diesel engine. The current 2WD manual gearbox equipped 2.0 litre engine will also become BSVI compliant.

Quote:
In addition to the diesel automatic powertrain, the Compass Trailhawk will be loaded with a four-wheel drive unit that will get low range and ‘ROCK’ mode for better off-road capabilities. If we compare the Trailhawk variant with the standard Compass, it will be 20mm higher and it will get new design front and rear bumpers that will help in better approach angle upto 30 degrees and departure angle upto 33.6 degree

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks