Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2018, 11:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti @ Auto Expo 2018

Not just MSIL - the entire auto expo was underwhelming. Except for Kia & Tata Motors where the stalls / unveils somewhat matched up to the buzz, the rest just didn't live up to all the hype, at least not for me personally. The 2 wheeler space especially was so lack lustre that i stopped bothering to check for anything on 2 wheels. What really made it dull was the fact that most "launches" were really either re-vamps or cars that we already knew everything about (e.g. swift) and most unveils, even if based on production cars, seemed either not very ground breaking / interesting or seemed light years away from actual launch irrespective of the dates the manufacturers projected.

My point - this edition of the auto expo seemed like just a sugar rush! High so quick and low so fast. Not good for the organizers at all, the future seems not so bright if it goes down this route with so many manufacturers opting to stay out.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 10th February 2018 at 11:54.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 17:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

I'm unable to square what Maruti showcased with the 'Maruti knows what India wants better than anyone else' sentiment one usually associates with them.

Looking at this thread and speaking to people who attended in person, the feeling seems pervasive. Even my most die-hard Maruti fanatic acquaintances seem to have walked away disappointed.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:34   #33
BHPian

Extremely disappointed with the turnout of Suzuki cars at the Expo. I was more or less definite that they would at least launch the new Ciaz 2018 facelift along with the talked about 1.5 petrol motor for the S-Cross as well as automatics for the S-Cross and the Brezza. Very lacklustre, I must say
Old 15th February 2018, 10:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Like most others here, I too am disappointed with Maruti. No realistic models that we can look forward to in the immediate future, just a few electric/ hybrid models which do nothing to tickle the imagination of petrolhead.

I was really hoping that they would showcase the Swift Sport or at least the Swift RS to exhibit their intention of bringing in fun to drive models in this segment, but no, nothing of the kind.

Other manufacturers have far outshone Maruti this year, with at least some notable models exhibited by some of them.

Most Viewed