Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 14:43   #1531
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!
Wow, this is great news. Few posts back, I was wishing for some sort of optional pack even on HTX+ Diesel Auto, wherein one could get the option of 6 airbags and the 360 degree camera. Looks like there is still some hope and Kia surprises on the Diesel auto side also

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2019 at 10:23. Reason: Editing quoted text
Old 5th August 2019, 14:46   #1532
BANNED

Kia has started changes in the variant line! KIA SELTOS GT DCT+ opens for booking. Kudos to KIA for listening to the feedback. Special thanks to the sales guy who had sent a mail to Kia after I said that it was disappointing not to have a top end petrol automatic. Take a bow guys! Now wish other manufacturers fall in line.

Now you can start bashing for not bringing Korean model features in Indian version!
The Rationalist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:01   #1533
BHPian

Does any member has picture of the lower variant (which does not have 7 inch MID)?

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 5th August 2019 at 15:19.
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:06   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Kia has started changes in the variant line! KIA SELTOS GT DCT+ opens for booking. Kudos to KIA for listening to the feedback. Special thanks to the sales guy who had sent a mail to Kia after I said that it was disappointing not to have a top end petrol automatic. Take a bow guys! Now wish other manufacturers fall in line.

Now you can start bashing for not bringing Korean model features in Indian version!
I am happy. I have already booked GTX+ automatic in red. I hope there are other keen buyers out there looking for a fully loaded automatic vehicle.
Old 5th August 2019, 15:17   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Does any member have picture of the lower variant (which does not have 7 inch MID)?
It was shared a few days ago. Posting it again for you reference
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190805151441.jpg  

Old 5th August 2019, 15:31   #1536
BHPian

I took a test drive of the Diesel top version (Manual) of the Kia Seltos at Allied Motors Noida. Will skip the part about the interiors and looks, both of which have been thoroughly discussed in many of the posts above.

Pros:-
The typical diesel clatter that's so audible in other cars when starting the engine, was barely perceptible in the Seltos.
While driving, it comes across as one of the smoothest diesels in this segment, no vibrations anywhere.
The clutch travel is a bit more than I would have liked, but it's not a deal breaker.
Clutch is soft and the gears slot in with ease.
Brakes are spot on and have a progressive feel and bite.
Suspension is a bit hard but I kind of prefer such a set up rather than the softly tuned suspensions of most Hyundai cars.
Turning radius is good enough for the city and it doesn't feel large to drive or park.
Sound insulation is good and the cabin is well insulated from the noise of the traffic.

Cons:-
There's only one downside that I observed in my short test ride of 5 minutes - the engine would disappoint the enthusiast because it just doesn't have the grunt to put a smile on your face. The torque figure of 242 Nm for the diesel looks good on paper but somehow it never excites you while driving.

To summarize, I would rate it as an 8 on 10 car for the segment and definitely a better car than the Creta.

Last edited by Almetal : 5th August 2019 at 15:37.
Almetal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:34   #1537
BHPian

Wow kudos to Kia for listening. Now I really hope people will walk the talk after wanting the GTX+ DCT, atleast the bhpians will for sure.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:35   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
It was shared a few days ago. Posting it again for you reference
This shows the different infotainment system set-up available across variants.

I meant the lower variants which do not have 7" colour screen display in the instrument cluster (one that is in the middle of speedometer and tachometer).

There appears to be no picture of instrument cluster for lower variant.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 5th August 2019 at 15:38.
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:54   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
So here's the scenario. I've just booked a nexon diesel xz+ST. I like the Seltos. If priced properly with 6 airbags for the top diesel MT/AT, I would cancel the Nexon booking. Otherwise I'm planning to go with Nexon. What do you guys think?
Kia Seltos looks very promising. It is definitely a class higher than Nexon(which by itself is a great car from Tata). But if you are certain about 6 airbags and a Diesel engine, why don’t you look at Venue SX(O) (underpowered Diesel engine though), XUV300 and EcoSport T+/S?

Also, Kudos to Kia for bringing out the DCT in GTX+ based on popular demand(assuming that they didn’t already have it in their pipeline). Having worked with an automotive OEM part manufacturer, I know how difficult it is to make changes to the production plan in the lines and align the suppliers to meet the demand(hardest part).

I hope they do bring out a true diesel top-end too, for many people on this forum.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 16:11   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!
The formatting of this list looks the same as the variant list posted a few days back, so does that mean that the list is accurate? If it is, then it is great news since we are getting all features with a DCT.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2019 at 10:24. Reason: Editing quoted text
Old 5th August 2019, 17:14   #1541
BHPian

Hi all, I too visited Advaith Kia for some time to check out the car. My observations echo those that have been brought up by others so I won't bring those up again. Just thought I'd add a couple of things.

1. I had asked about what the tentative pricing might be. They are yet to get the official pricing I know but what the SA told me is that it might be between 11 and 17 lakhs ex-showroom. This brings the car to 20L OTR in Bangalore at least. That's Harrier money for something that's just slightly longer than Creta and with smaller engines.

2. Also enquired about the differences between the Tech line and GT Line - Apart from a head up display, 360 degree camera, alloys and the availability of the 1.4L TGDI Engine in the GT Line, there's no difference between the two. So unless there's a drastic performance difference between the 1.5L and 1.4L engines, one has to ask what the purpose of buying the GT line might be. Either that or the SA isn't too sure.

3. Advaith is claiming that they have got 360 bookings so far since they were opened. Must say that's quite impressive for one dealer.

My opinion - I think this will definitely sell in good numbers but I didn't feel like the Kia met my expectations.
What do you all think?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 17:20   #1542
BHPian

Dear fellow BHPians,

I am still unable to get OTP on my number for booking. Is there anyone else facing the same issue?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Have seen the car yesterday at Meerut, willing to book GT auto line.
Old 5th August 2019, 17:41   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
The formatting of this list looks the same as the variant list posted a few days back, so does that mean that the list is accurate? If it is, then it is great news since we are getting all features with a DCT.
I just got a call from Epitome Kia, Bangalore, confirming that Kia will indeed be offering a GTX+ version with the 7speed DCT transmission, so this is good news for those that wanted a true-top end. He wasn't sure if there would be a similar top-spec in the diesel offering.

The Epitome Kia and JSP Kia guys have also been telling me that Kia is planning a "surprise" for those that have pre-booked before 22 Aug - obviously no details on what the surprise is and could be a tactic to get as many pre-bookings as possible.
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 18:16   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I just got a call from Epitome Kia, Bangalore, confirming that Kia will indeed be offering a GTX+ version with the 7speed DCT transmission, so this is good news for those that wanted a true-top end. He wasn't sure if there would be a similar top-spec in the diesel offering.

The Epitome Kia and JSP Kia guys have also been telling me that Kia is planning a "surprise" for those that have pre-booked before 22 Aug - obviously no details on what the surprise is and could be a tactic to get as many pre-bookings as possible.
My sales rep at Sparsh KIA confirmed as well that the GTX+ variant in the Automatic. I also happened to go to Allied motors Noida and the sales rep there confirmed the same too. In short, I think it is pretty much final.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 18:43   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Dear fellow BHPians,
I am still unable to get OTP on my number for booking. Is there anyone else facing the same issue?
As far as I can tell, it doesn't work for Jio numbers. Tried with two numbers and didn't get the message. Worked with other operators.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks