Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 22:48   #1621

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Rather than pure dimensions, I think its got to do with the appearance of the car. The Seltos looks wider and more low slung compared to the Creta. Speaking of the interiors, maybe it has something to do with the sunroof.
I had checked out the Seltos today and even I felt the roof was more low slung compared to creta; even after accounting for the sun-roof. Maybe the Creta’s seats are more low set?
Old 7th August 2019, 22:59   #1622
BHPian

After my 6.5 kpl experience over 100 Kms with the Venue, here's a screenshot from Team Car delight's video for the GTX Seltos. Just can't fathom how Hyundai/Kia's turbo-petrols are so less efficient compared to VW . After about 1500 km on the clock , I expect this will range between 8-10 kpl. Hope the drive somewhat justifies the FE, fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1565198609486.jpg  

JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 23:18   #1623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
here's a screenshot from Team Car delight's video for the GTX Seltos.
Please ignore the numbers that you are seeing on MID of the press / media cars. These are not the true indicators of FE since:

- The cars are very aggressively driven and often red-lined in each gear continuously
- Each car sees a LOT of idling during the process of clicking photos, shooting videos, checking the ICE & MID displays etc.
Eddy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 00:18   #1624
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post

All the websites I have looked at mention 10mm, please share 45mm source.
Here are the dimensions from Hyundai India website, i.e. 1665 - 1620 is 45 mm.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190808001320.jpg

Last edited by manson : 8th August 2019 at 00:29. Reason: Typos.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 02:01   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Unable to open the pdf attachment. This must be some old brochure. GTX+ Auto is coming for sure. This has been unofficially verified with my Kia contact also. Hearing now from my source that there will be no change in the no of airbags in Diesel topend models (will not have 6 airbags)
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...tx-trim-413731

According to this article HTX+ will be available in diesel automatic and GTX+ will be available in 1.4 GDI DCT

Both will have the following features:
6 airbags
ESC
360 view
Bose speakers
8 way Powered seats
Ventilated seats
Front sensors and
Sunroof

These two variants will be available after a month so that the launch pricing is not affected

Last edited by Eddy : 8th August 2019 at 06:25. Reason: Typo
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 05:59   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
All the websites I have looked at mention 10mm, please share 45mm source. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Here are the dimensions from Hyundai India website, i.e. 1665 - 1620 is 45 mm.
These are the heights of the cars -

Creta -
1630mm (without roofrails)
1665mm (with roofrails)

Seltos -
1620mm (without roofrails)
1645mm (with roofrails)

Source:

Seltos -
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosdimensions.jpg

Creta -
Brochure
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-creta-dim.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-creta-sub-text.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-comp.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cretafulldim.jpg  

dksv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 07:35   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
After my 6.5 kpl experience over 100 Kms with the Venue, here's a screenshot from Team Car delight's video for the GTX Seltos. Just can't fathom how Hyundai/Kia's turbo-petrols are so less efficient compared to VW . After about 1500 km on the clock , I expect this will range between 8-10 kpl. Hope the drive somewhat justifies the FE, fingers crossed.
Hyundai petrols have never been fuel-efficient. Right from the accent, we bought way back in 2002, Hyundais have been having sub 12 kmpl mileage on all petrol models.

Recently my friend bought an i10 grand auto and he is not impressed with its sub 10kmpl mileage. I think the Octavia 1.8 tsi would return similar figures as the seltos 1.4 GT. Jeep compass 1.4 multi air engine is returning close to 7-9 kmpl in mixed driving conditions.

It seems like those who have more than 1500km monthly running, if mileage conscious should look at the Seltos Diesel option.
Maybe Hyundai petrol owners can chip in and comment on FE figures in various models.

Last edited by sandygordon : 8th August 2019 at 07:36.
Old 8th August 2019, 09:07   #1628
BHPian

IMHO, those looking for Petrol only and also wanting better FE should stick to compact cars/crossovers. There is no way heavy cars/SUVs with Petrols (and AT!) are going to deliver a higher FE with all that weight to lug around.
Old 8th August 2019, 09:49   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
IMHO, those looking for Petrol only and also wanting better FE should stick to compact cars/crossovers. There is no way heavy cars/SUVs with Petrols (and AT!) are going to deliver a higher FE with all that weight to lug around.
Seltos is in fact a crossover. Weight of the Seltos should be very close to sedans like Honda City or Vento (could be 50-100 kg more at max).
But I agree about the FE expectation from petrol cars.
@sandygordon, my i20 CVT gives 6.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic and about 13 kmpl on a highway drive.

Last edited by Guna : 8th August 2019 at 09:51.
Old 8th August 2019, 10:09   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post

I agree. Very sad that none of the HT series have 6 airbags available. Why safety is not considered .. surprise us ????

Hg
Hyundai knows the Indian market too well(people prefer gizmos to safety)

Creta has a model in diesel automatic which has a sunroof but no vehicle stability control
Old 8th August 2019, 10:21   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hyundai knows the Indian market too well(people prefer gizmos to safety)

Creta has a model in diesel automatic which has a sunroof but no vehicle stability control
Well the ESC is missing in HT models on the Seltos too. They only have ABS & EBD along with 2 airbags and front pretensioners. Seltos also has no 3point belt for the middle occupant.
Old 8th August 2019, 10:25   #1632

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Maybe Hyundai petrol owners can chip in and comment on FE figures in various models.
Hyundai and Fuel efficiency is an oxymoron. If fuel efficiency is a critical factor then don't think Hyundai is an option.
Have been driving an i10 for 9 years and my ONLY grouses have been: fuel efficiency

Did a bangalore- Palakkad trip recently and the i10 returned a milege of 16.3 (5 adults + luggage); In the city i get max of 11 on an average.
Old 8th August 2019, 10:28   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Quote:
Hyundai petrols have never been fuel-efficient. Right from the accent, we bought way back in 2002, Hyundais have been having sub 12 kmpl mileage on all petrol models.

Recently my friend bought an i10 grand auto and he is not impressed with its sub 10kmpl mileage. I think the Octavia 1.8 tsi would return similar figures as the seltos 1.4 GT. Jeep compass 1.4 multi air engine is returning close to 7-9 kmpl in mixed driving conditions.

It seems like those who have more than 1500km monthly running, if mileage conscious should look at the Seltos Diesel option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Seltos is in fact a crossover. Weight of the Seltos should be very close to sedans like Honda City or Vento (could be 50-100 kg more at max).
But I agree about the FE expectation from petrol cars.
@sandygordon, my i20 CVT gives 6.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic and about 13 kmpl on a highway drive.
Hyundai petrols seems to be fuel inefficient through out the range

Anyone here who test drove the 1.4 GDI DCT seltos give us a clearer picture as 7 KMPL in city is concerning (ARAI is 16.5 KMPL)

Thank you
Old 8th August 2019, 10:35   #1634
BHPian

For those of you who perceive a brand by its ambassador, Rafa is KIA's global brand ambassador since a long time.

Sponsorship

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-rafakia.jpg
dksv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 10:45   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Even Hyundai Diesels aren't as fuel efficient as the competition.

I rarely get above 16kmpl on my 1.4CRDi i20, where the Vento 1.6 Diesel could easily achieve 20kmpl! For those who wish to buying a Hyundai only and concerned about fuel efficiency, its always better to get the diesel as it delivers an acceptable fuel efficiency. For Petrol, always better to get a Maruti, Honda or a VW TSi.

The salesmen may try to sell the car claiming ARAI numbers, but Hyundai cars hardly deliver 50% of the claim in the real world.

One of my friend sold his 2 year old i10 manual and got a WagonR with the money as he couldn't live with a 10 to 11kmpl car, this was when petrol prices were around 80 to 85 rupees per liter. The WagonR gives him a fuel efficiency of 15 to 16kmpl and he is happy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks