Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 10:48   #151
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Wow, it looks stunning. Was that a chrome strip at the back or aluminium/faux silver finish? This car is definitely a looker. It has the right proportions and looks classy. Alloys are really drool worthy. Not very sure about the name though, but who am I kidding like name matters in the recent cars. If only Kia prices it right, it'll be a serious threat to Harrier. Going by the latest trend, I guess they can use #KiaWithABang
Old 30th May 2019, 10:48   #152
Senior - BHPian

Wow! To me, it looks like a shrunken Range Rover Sport HSE! Kia will enter with a bang. It seems, XUV 300 will take the biggest heat from Venue at lower end of the spectrum and this SUV on the premium end.
Old 30th May 2019, 10:54   #153
Senior - BHPian

Looks more or less same as the Signature SP that was shown in Korea. This is a 4WD variant which may not come here. Also, engine badge says T-GDI.
Old 30th May 2019, 11:11   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10;4596466 [URL="https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/29/kia-seltos-compact-crossover-revealed-spy-photos/#slide-7586629"
Link[/url]
Kia SP concept SUV has a stunning looks. Tail lamps has a resemblance to Creta. I like front design, looks more modern, though it is bit busy.
Kia should launch 4x4 in India as seen in the photos.
Going by the Hyundai standard, Kia will be giving us finished products, not half baked.
Competition is increasing in this SUV segment. Launch price and VFM plays a big roles in deciding their success in Indian market.

Venkatesh.H

Last edited by Venkatesh.H : 30th May 2019 at 11:12.
Old 30th May 2019, 11:30   #155
BANNED

Though looking good in these pictures, the front is overdone - too much bling. The rear and side are ok compared to the front, though.
Old 30th May 2019, 12:13   #156
BHPian

Rear looks extremely busy with those cuts and creases. The rear bumper though not as garish as Hector, does look bit odd. Size wise seems pretty much similar to Creta. I like the front tough with those LED head lamps and signature grill.

It's definitely going to appeal to lot of people if priced close to Creta. With Hector offering more space and more powerful engines, it would be interesting to see how KIA positions SP against competition which in my opinion would be Creta, Hector and Harrier.
LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 15:32   #157
BHPian

Car looks gorgeous and has road presence.

I particularly like the headlamp unit and the triple fog lamp led. This coupled with the amazing interior images that came out earlier, I think this is the car to watchout for.

Notice the 4 front parking sensors and triple led fog lamps

While the speculation says that it will be a at little premium over Creta, I am not sure if that works in Kia's favour (primarily as Creta is already overpriced).
IMO, Kia while factoring the price must consider the following:
- Kia is new to Indian market and therefore may not have the advantage of Hyundai to charge premium (could be a bad idea if they do, unless they justify the price with features and gizmos, which they will I guess);
- Creta enjoyed the dominance in the segment as there was no real competition (Renault despite having a good product (Duster) never tried enough I guess), this is not the case anymore (Harrier, Hector and more) - This Segment is buzzing and how.!
- SP2i is their first product in India, so they will try level best to make an impact and create customer base. If they are unable to make an impact with SP2i, it will be long road ahead then;
- Majority of Indian customers are brand conscious and would take into account a lot of things before buying ASS, Warranty, Resale value, FE. It will take some convincing to go for a new brand rather than sticking to established brands

Really hope that they get the pricing right and variants which have something for everyone.
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 15:44   #158
BHPian

I find the front and the rear too busy. But the side profile with dual tone both top and bottom looks great!

With the feature list though that Kia is looking to bring and the premium generally that iot commands over sister Hyundai, I feel they will try and stick to loaded variants largely at a pricing which is more in-line with Compass, even though it will be smaller than the JC.

Interesting time indeed, as on the other hand you also have a loaded and a full one size larger MG Hector. June will be interesting for this segment. Given the state of the auto-market in India and the possibility of a GST revision from 28% to 18% also on the cards, one can only guess what is going to happen!
Old 30th May 2019, 15:56   #159
BHPian

What a looker! Especially the side profile.

If they come out with a nice shade of red (dual-tone with black roof), that will be drool-worthy. I like the alloys too. Excited for this car!
Hope they bring their renowned 7-year warranty in India as well.
Old 30th May 2019, 16:14   #160
RWD
BHPian

Wow! This Kia looks very classy, especially the front end. Perfectly proportioned and the detailing inside the lights is looking superb. The only design element that looks out of place is the vertically placed reflectors below the tail lights. Other than that it simply looks fantastic.

This is one pseudo-SUV that I am waiting for. Hope it comes with a panoramic sunroof. That's one premium feature that I have completely fallen for.

As far as its competitors go, although the market segment is getting crowded, I am yet to see a proper well-rounded product, and knowing Kia, this one should definitely be. Hector looks weird from some angles, and is oddly proportioned, especially the tiny wheels make the car feel top-heavy. Aftersales is still a gamble, and overall the car looks a little tacky for my taste. Harrier is still a beta-version lacking finesse and essential equipments, such as auto-transmission and sunroof. In my opinion, the front end is already starting to age. Jeep Compass, on the other hand is well endowed with very competent handling, a powerful diesel, and fancy features such as pano sunroof etc, but the aftersales and long term reliability are still a big hit or a miss. Needless to say, the top end versions are mighty expensive too. XUV is just too long in the tooth, and an all new generation is overdue.

Kia should have a bright future in India with SP2i as the launch product, provided they price it right. Will establish the brand in the entry level premium segment, something its sister company failed to do. They also have the market knowhow via Hyundai, and the financial might to pull this off perfectly.
Old 30th May 2019, 18:03   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
What a looker! Especially the side profile.

If they come out with a nice shade of red (dual-tone with black roof), that will be drool-worthy. I like the alloys too. Excited for this car!
Hope they bring their renowned 7-year warranty in India as well.
Your wish is granted I've fiddled around and made this.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia_seltos_red.jpg
rav11stars is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 18:18   #162
Senior - BHPian

Just like the Harrier, this Kia has the looks of a car from a segment or two above. One could easily imagine this as a rival to the Compass, not the Creta.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 18:21   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Your wish is granted I've fiddled around and made this.

Attachment 1880471
Whoa, great job! Looks fantastic

Kia guys, are you seeing this? Please bring out this color
Old 30th May 2019, 18:32   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Experience Center coming up at Cyber Hub, Gurgaon, no idea what it means. Will it be a dealership or display area?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190530wa0037.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190530wa0036.jpg These were clicked by my brother.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 18:39   #165
BHPian

WOW, Bold and Beautiful!!

Compass, Creata, Harrier, Hector, Seltos - the new car buyer is spoiled with too many options to choose from very new and contemporary mid range SUVs.

I'm worried, if Harrier will meet the fate of Hexa with too many competitors around.
.HEM is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed