Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2019, 14:39   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

For short drivers, that huge screen is going to create some serious blind spots especially with 2 wheelers and when turning diagonally left.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 15:20   #1652
BHPian

The Kia Link India Android and iOS apps are already LIVE. Of course, we can only sample the app currently, through the "guest" account.

The User Guide explains how some of the UVO features work when connected to the car.

Interestingly, when talking about the diagnostics module, it also mentions about a 5-year warranty on the vehicle.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_6558.png The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_6553.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_6556.png The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_6559.png
dksv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 16:25   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos comes off the production line,

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190808035819_kiaseltosplantrollout3.jpg

Quote:
Ahead of its India launch on August 22, Kia Motors has started rolling out mass-production units of the Seltos from its manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. This comes just seven months after the carmaker had commenced trial production of the SUV at the plant.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2019 at 16:28.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 19:24   #1654
Distinguished - BHPian

The roll out of Seltos on video,

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 21:51   #1655
BHPian

Kia seems to have gotten into some trouble with a few media houses and reviewers because of biased and unfair treatment towards them. Link to one such autmobile media house MotorBeam's post explaining what went wrong- https://www.facebook.com/MotorBeam/p...96328103853354
shivamk11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 22:14   #1656
BHPian

Need help. Please let me know if we get a mail or sms after booking online. I haven't received either.
Thx
Old 8th August 2019, 22:23   #1657
BHPian

Had the first view of Seltos today at upcoming Taapasi Motors in ORR, Kalyannanagr Bangalore.I tried the GTX+ M. No TD just display.Spent about 10 mins with the SA.

We all have our own templates and expectation that we match off cars with and I had shared my expectation in this forum earlier, so not recycling the same

Size : Comfortably bigger than a sub-4 and big as XUV500 or Harrier or MG.Seems perfect for a city car.Slung lower but not a dealbreaker.Can squeeze in and out of traffic. Boot is flat and actually seems less than 433.
Looks : Its super subjective. For me the front knurl chrome is over cooked with bling.The Headlamp cluster with DRL and the foggies looks just fab.Rear is pale but okay.Steering felt cool and confident in hand
Driving position : Was super easy to hit the right spot. I'm 5'9". Views and ergonomics were fine.
Space : More than adequate for my requirements, both in front and rear
Infotainment : Touch was nippy but the fonts looked silly.Bose speakers were not tuned at all and sounded ordinary.I'm sure with some bit of change in settings it'd be above average.
Features : We all know the long list.I love them. But the moment I'm behind the steering, everything else becomes secondary. HUD looks cool not sure of its utility. It might be way too many screens for just a pair of eyes.

Pricing will be shared only 8/22, but SA mentioned 11-17L Ex showroom. The confirmed top end GTX+ DCT really have to justify its tag.

Will share more detailed insights once I get to TD.
DASKD24 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 22:54   #1658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post

Size : Comfortably bigger than a sub-4 and big as XUV500 or Harrier or MG.
Have you actually sat in any of the three for you to make such an absurd claim.

I have. The Seltos is about the same size as a Creta or a Jeep Compass, and the XUV absolutely dwarfs it.

And I'm pretty sure the Harrier and the Hector would, as well
simeonovitch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 23:29   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi All,

Finally saw the Seltos today at the Kia motors showroom on Sohna Road in Spaze Boulevard. It is a pretty smallish showroom and very bland and there is only one car on display, which is a Gravity Grey HTX+ Manual Diesel variant..
You are the best person to answer my question. I have a Octavia 1.8TSI but I need a crossover for Shimla's day to day driving "Octavia scrapes sometimes" and although I had booked the Jeep Compass "Limited Plus" but I did not go thru with the purchase because I felt its price was too near the Octavia 1.8TSI and did not offer similar quality.

Having said that I did check out Harrier & Hector but both felt inconsistent and incomplete. I have high hopes for the Seltos because it seems similar to Compass size wise and while for Compass I wanted the 2.0 in case of Seltos its only the 1.4+DCT which I am interested in.

What do you think about this comparison Seltos vs Compass? Build quality, seating, boot space, cabin space, engine, everything wise a full comparision would be much appreciated.
Old 8th August 2019, 23:34   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Need help. Please let me know if we get a mail or sms after booking online. I haven't received either.
Thx
I think it's best if you just call the dealership where you have made the booking online. I had the same issue and called my dealer in Mumbai they clarified and I received the confirmation SMS.
Old 8th August 2019, 23:40   #1661
BHPian

Can a 6'2" driver sit comfortably in the Seltos.
Can a 5'11" passenger sit in the back seat when the 6'2" is in the front seat.
Old 8th August 2019, 23:42   #1662
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

I'm keen to go for a Petrol this time around but I'm expecting atleast around 12kmpl. Anything below that is going to be expensive for my monthly running of about 1600kms.

1600 km a month is 19,200 km a year.
Let's round it off to 20 thousand KM a year.
That's 1 lakh km in 5 years.

You, sir, NEED a diesel.
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 00:47   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Any goof up with the media drives? Few editorials are skipping the review on purpose. Below is taken from the fb page of MotorBeam. Wondering what happened to ours.

"Prominent auto publications namely Motoroids India, India Car News, Gaadiwaadi.com, GearFliq, MotorBeam, GaadiFy (Gagan Choudhary) and Car Blog India have decided to not review the Kia Seltos."

"During the unveiling event of the Kia Seltos in India, a small group of ‘select media’ members were allowed to shoot the car separately - a day in advance."

"A small ‘select media’ group was taken to the brand’s production facility at Ananthapur and was given a purported ‘sneak peak’ of the product"

https://www.facebook.com/32016539813...6328103853354/

Last edited by thoma : 9th August 2019 at 00:50.
thoma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 00:52   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
"During the unveiling event of the Kia Seltos in India, a small group of ‘select media’ members were allowed to shoot the car separately - a day in advance."
"A small ‘select media’ group was taken to the brand’s production facility at Ananthapur and was given a purported ‘sneak peak’ of the product"
OT:
The media house which got the preferential treatment is none other than Autocar India. Lately I am seeing that many manufacturers are doing special features along with Autocar India, the same is not the case with other media houses. Atleast on YouTube there are other Auto Channels which have more followers than Autocar India like PowerDrift, MotorOctane etc. Autocar does publish a Magzine and does a TV promo as well, but is that the main reason for the auto industry to prefer them or there is more to this than meets the eye..

Last edited by Funny : 9th August 2019 at 01:05.
Funny is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 01:53   #1665
BHPian

Strange? So much outrage from these people for not getting to review first or simultaneously?

WoW.. Simply wow..

This is why I love what team bhp does. The official reviews are no non sense to the point detailed reviews & boy I would happily take a month or two wait for this review rather than watching a promotional type video review on the day of "unveiling" / "showcasing" / "launching".

I remember how Ford gave team bhp a "cold shoulder" by refusing to provide the EcoSport. I also remember the true character of this forum & moderators, on how they professionally handled the issue by simply asking any owner-member to lend them the car. Lastly I remember how well they compiled the review. No one can notice a slightest hint of that cold shoulder effect. Below is the thread and one can see it reflecting frustration but no outrage, no boycott or such.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...row-yours.html (Ford doesn't have an EcoSport for Team-BHP; Can we please borrow yours?)

I even remember a PowerDrift video where they were kicked out of BMW stand in middle of their review in AutoExpo. They too handled the issue brilliantly & with professionalism.

No, I am not disrespecting the protesting media organisations. I respect their personal freedom of speech.
NaXal is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks