Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 20:43   #166
Senior - BHPian

Although the car looks fantastic, the pictures seem to indicate that the Car is not very tall, like even the Creta. Just initial impressions, could be wrong, but when you see people around the Car, it does look like a tad short. Either the folks in the picture are very tall or its an Euro spec where ground clearance may not be as much as what is needed in India or it may be just the plain angles of the picture.
Old 30th May 2019, 21:17   #167
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Although the car looks fantastic, the pictures seem to indicate that the Car is not very tall, like even the Creta. Just initial impressions, could be wrong, but when you see people around the Car, it does look like a tad short. Either the folks in the picture are very tall or its an Euro spec where ground clearance may not be as much as what is needed in India or it may be just the plain angles of the picture.
The footpath is of a decent height
Old 30th May 2019, 22:57   #168
BHPian

Not sure if I missed in the thread but what is the expected launch date of this car. I am currently hinging on Creta but don't mind waiting for 1-2 months. My budget also can't be more than 15 lakhs OTR Chandigarh and would prefer diesel. Please suggest. TIA
Old 30th May 2019, 23:38   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Not sure if I missed in the thread but what is the expected launch date of this car. I am currently hinging on Creta but don't mind waiting for 1-2 months. My budget also can't be more than 15 lakhs OTR Chandigarh and would prefer diesel. Please suggest. TIA
It will be unveiled officially on June 20th while launch date isn't confirmed yet. I would say it's definitely better to wait out as Creta is long in the tooth now and next gen creta doesn't look appalling from what we've seen with the new ix25. But I'm very sure Diesel within 15 Lakhs OTR is highly impossible with this car. My guess is Kia will be placing it between Harrier and Compass.

Last edited by SpideyBoy : 31st May 2019 at 00:01.
SpideyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 06:08   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
It will be unveiled officially on June 20th while launch date isn't confirmed yet. I would say it's definitely better to wait out as Creta is long in the tooth now and next gen creta doesn't look appalling from what we've seen with the new ix25. But I'm very sure Diesel within 15 Lakhs OTR is highly impossible with this car. My guess is Kia will be placing it between Harrier and Compass.
KIA has clearly stated intentions of slotting the SP just below the Sportage, which retails at around 25k USD in the US or approx 17 lacs. Going by this it is possible that KIA aims the SP at Creta, Kicks and lower end Harrier variants rather than the Compass(which now start from 20 lacs OTR).Looks like one might get a mid level, decently equipped SP at 15 lacs. KIA also must closely be watching the Hector pricing to be revealed soon.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:58   #171
Senior - BHPian

KIAs Trailster seen during ad shoot. Credit: motorbeam.com

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190531125450402_com.android.chrome.png

The front and side look stunning. The rear appears confused with that silver appliqué. They should have used a red LED strip instead like the Audi A6.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 14:22   #172
Senior - BHPian

I may be an outlier in my dislike to this Design.

There is a certain confusion in the front end design detailing compared to all other current KIA designs. I look at one everyday since I drive a Sorento. Perhaps this is a tomorrows design language for KIA but I'm not onboard yet.

The C Pillar treatment, especially the angled splitter for the contrast colored roof, is inspired by the SEAT Arona.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-white.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-multimediagallery_61.resizeviewport.407.imagepanel2reference.jpg
14000rpm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 14:45   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The footpath is of a decent height
Agree, it looks very much the Euro spec, with LHD and 18" alloys. For India, it'd be like be revised to 17"s and wishfully a bit more GC.

Boot size looks decent. Not sure if that'd be trimmed down as well (like Venue) but seems unlikely since there isn't a 4m line to meet.

Its so funny that some folks in Youtube are calling these out as "Officially Leaked" pictures
Old 31st May 2019, 15:07   #174
Senior - BHPian

One of the test-mules seen in India has the same alloy wheel design. I doubt we will get 4WD.
Old 31st May 2019, 15:08   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
WOW, Bold and Beautiful!!

Compass, Creata, Harrier, Hector, Seltos - the new car buyer is spoiled with too many options to choose from very new and contemporary mid range SUVs.

I'm worried, if Harrier will meet the fate of Hexa with too many competitors around.
Yes, but if you go out to look for a 4x4 automatic diesel car (like me), you don't have any option other than XUV500 in this price range.
kams7ue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 17:55   #176
BHPian

Any news on the dimensions? I have not seen them anywhere yet.
Old 1st June 2019, 06:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
My guess is creta dimensions. Do note that next generation creta is under test in China and this could be the next gen which is bit more spacious than before. But it will obviously be smaller than say, Harrier.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 08:05   #178
Senior - BHPian

The Kia SP Concept SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
My guess is creta dimensions. Do note that next generation creta is under test in China and this could be the next gen which is bit more spacious than before. But it will obviously be smaller than say, Harrier.

Spotted a test mule near their factory on my way to Hyderabad. This is first time I saw one and my first impression was that it looked small. My guess it will be around 4250-4300 mm in length.

It definitely had 18 inch alloys.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559356133.465836.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559356158.281616.jpg

Photo shot by my friend from the passenger seat. It appears a little tall in the photo, but I would put it down to the angle of the photo as we were in a very low sedan.

Surprisingly it looks a lot bigger in the advertisement shoot photos.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 1st June 2019 at 08:07.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 08:16   #179
BHPian

Found the below video on YouTube. Notice the turn indicators and I doubt if its as high as Creta.

akhil_rpmlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 08:55   #180
Senior - BHPian

KIA showroom coming up in Coimbatore. Work seems to be fast-paced and I expect it to be ready within the month end. For locals, this is on Trichy Road, just after the Hyundai service center at Central Studios.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks