Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2019, 12:13   #1921
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

I don't know if this was already posted.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-413815
Sporty GTX+ diesel-automatic variant of the Kia Seltos will feature six airbags, a head-up display, a 360-degree camera and more; likely to be the priciest variant in its line-up.
It is good to know but I wonder why they call it a 'sporty' though.

Last edited by Guna : 17th August 2019 at 12:15.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 12:18   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
By the way the Compass Trailhawk is at 840 mm. For your info and the others following the thread.

Are you sure? To have an 840 mm wading depth, the air intake pipe may have to project above the bonnet on such a low vehicle.

Most reviews quote 480-483 mm as water wading depth for the Compass Trailhawk.

https://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-ad...-review/34079/

https://www.thehindu.com/life-and-st...le22668728.ece

https://indianautosblog.com/jeep-com...review-p317511

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2019-jee...-drive-review/

Autocar is the only one that says 840 mm and I think it may be an error, they seem to have mixed up 840 for 480.

EDIT - Checked the July print edition of Autocar and they have stated the wading depth of trailhawk correctly as 483 mm, the on-line Autocar review has erroneous information and has not been updated.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 17th August 2019 at 12:31.
84.monsoon is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 12:32   #1923
Distinguished - BHPian

I love how the Seltos looks. Its quite detailed, sophisticated & yet has some sort of an understated look about it. Perhaps the under-stated effect is more felt due to the Hector being around with all its bling. The only area where this car looks suddenly Korean is the rear quarter glass. It's pointy triangular finish doesn't go too well with whats otherwise a proportionate and very European design. Had the rear quarter glass been finished in a rectangular shape - we'd have had a car that looks strikingly like the Compass in proportions & styling. And the Compass is a looker hard to match otherwise! Well done Kia.

The one feature that I love the most & really give credit to KIA is the air purifier & how its installed. Its placed at the BEST possible location in a car. Bang in the center of all occupants. Its inside the arm-rest. So it actually takes up NO separate space for itself & makes use of existing volume already occupied. The filter replacement is also very conveniently designed. The little display also gives a good interactive something for the rear occupants. Gimmick of course - but it works!

To me, its the air purifier design, fitment that actually takes the cake. Thats where the engineers and designers have worked perfectly in tandem. Even more so than the HUD. HUD is always at the same place in any car. The decision is only about whether to install it or not.

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th August 2019 at 12:36.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 12:45   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Folks, is there any validity to these claims? Or is it just 'fake news' ?
If you see the Australian video reviews of the Seltos on YouTube, Kia adapts the suspension differently for various markets. The pre-production variants must have the Korean setup and I am sure the Indian spec production version will address this issue
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 13:03   #1925
BHPian

Does anyone know if automatic test drive vehicles are available? Would be great to be able to try the DCT before making a final decision.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 20:24   #1926
BHPian

Car Director Youtube Channel

This is perhaps the most comprehensive walkaround of HTK+ variant thus far. It seems that the leaked varaint list was true and that also means that biggest bummer is for people opting for HTX IVT (1.5P) is absence of 7 inch coloured MID.

Why kia? why?

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 17th August 2019 at 20:26.
rahul_goyal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 22:43   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
This is perhaps the most comprehensive walkaround of HTK+ variant thus far. It seems that the leaked varaint list was true and that also means that biggest bummer is for people opting for HTX IVT (1.5P) is absence of 7 inch coloured MID.

Why kia? why?
The answer is really simple, it is not compatible with infotainment system that is offered in the HTX+ varient. The configurability of the 7inch MID is inter connected to the 10.24 inch display.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th August 2019 at 23:38. Reason: video in quotes removed for better readability
Old 17th August 2019, 22:51   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The answer is really simple, it is not compatible with infotainment system that is offered in the HTX+ varient. The configurability of the 7inch MID is inter connected to the 10.24 inch display.
Both HTX and HTX+ variant gets 10.24 inch infotainment display, but 7 inch colour MID is available only in HTX+.

CVT (IVT) is only available with HTX and not with HTX+. Now as per the leaked list, HTX has 3.5 inch MID.

I hope the CVT version gets 7 inch colour MID, as anyone spending 15 lakhs would not want to miss out on this feature.
Old 17th August 2019, 23:19   #1929

First of all, thank you Team-BHP for approving my membership.

I happened to visit the Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad branch of Kia showroom on Aug 9th. My experience has been mostly positive from the looks' perspective. Did not get a chance to drive yet. The salesman informed me that in Hyderabad the test drive cars will be available around 20th. I'm posting a pic of the 'ice cube' fog lamp (as mentioned by the rep) that I have taken which had the accumulation of water droplets. Upon inquiring with the salesman, he assured me that they were looking into it. Since the vehicle was present all indoors, they are assuming that the reason could be because of car air-conditioning. I have not had this experience before with my present car Polo.

Can someone please elaborate if they have any clue about this. I'm also attaching the rear seat space pic. The front seat has been adjusted to my height (5'11"). I could sit at the rear comfortably. But third person could be a squeeze. Also attaching the bling at the front.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190809_200849.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190809_201052.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190809_200444.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th August 2019 at 09:56. Reason: Spacing
vamsy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 00:39   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsy View Post
I'm posting a pic of the 'ice cube' fog lamp (as mentioned by the rep) that I have taken which had the accumulation of water droplets.

Now that you mention it, I did see this Instagram post some days back. But it was dismissed since the reviewer is among the several media houses that are currently 'at war' with Kia. Besides, it doesn't seem like a pressing issue. Looking forward to expert opinions on this.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190818_002656.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 08:10   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsy View Post
I'm posting a pic of the 'ice cube' fog lamp (as mentioned by the rep) that I have taken which had the accumulation of water droplets. Upon inquiring with the salesman, he assured me that they were looking into it. Since the vehicle was present all indoors, they are assuming that the reason could be because of car air-conditioning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Now that you mention it, I did see this Instagram post some days back.
This is common when the lamp housing gaskets are not airtight and there is a temperature and humidity differential between the air inside the housing and the outside. As can be seen from the 2 pictures, it could happen on either sides. Headlight units are not airtight and usually have a ventilation system for preventing pressure buildup at high bulb temperatures. But they also cleverly engineer to prevent such condensation. However, I don’t think the ice-cube shaped LED fog lamps generate enough heat to warrant ventilation. But if they do, better thinking could have been applied to ventilate them.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 08:50   #1932
BHPian

Seltos’ white upholstery, a detailer’s nightmare.

Source FB.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-6b4924eebc0e4285842c3cfa6b0233ad.jpeg  

hydraulicsteer is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 09:27   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Seltos’ white upholstery, a detailer’s nightmare.

Source FB.
Thank you! This was enough to convince my mother and father to switch over to black
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 11:03   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Fog lamp/headlamp condensation is an inherent Hyundai problem. I've seen numerous Hyundais including my i20 having condensation after heavy rain or car wash. The irony is, Hyundai claim it as a deliberate design feature than a defect. You'll find it in their manual. Even the Venue's foglamps were clouded.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 11:14   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Fog lamp/headlamp condensation is an inherent Hyundai problem. I've seen numerous Hyundais including my i20 having condensation after heavy rain or car wash. The irony is, Hyundai claim it as a deliberate design feature than a defect. You'll find it in their manual. Even the Venue's foglamps were clouded.
I do not understand. Why or how exactly does Hyundai describe it as a deliberate design feature? How does it aid visibility?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks