Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2019, 14:24   #211
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
The shots are taken from S.Korean LHD car. More details are present in that Korean article which says the top of the line variant will sport the Bose Audio equipment. Maybe they will use Bose only for the topend variant, just like Skoda is doing with Canton speaker. Hope they price it well.

Harman unit in Harrier, Infinity unit in Hector,at the end of the day, its a win for the customers.

Spotted the MG Hector at Mumbai Airport CST a few weeks ago. It was the top end, all black. The Audio sounded awesome in those Infinity speakers with a Sub and Amp. As good as Harrier!!!
DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 15:00   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly off topic, but related as i just came across the spy shot of the VW Golf Mk 8's interior, which seems so similar to the design sketches of the Kia Seltos earlier shared;

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-01_34.jpg
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 19:18   #213
Senior - BHPian

Noticed a car showroom coming up in the junction of Panathur road,ORR, Bangalore. I haven't seen the Kia showrooms but looking at the color theme, I am pretty sure they might opening in the heart of IT tech hub in marathahalli area.

Showroom however looks very modest (suited for 1-2 cars only) and not flashy like the MG.

Edit: Found the link jspkia.com which says coming this June!

Last edited by manson : 10th June 2019 at 23:26. Reason: Typo.
Old 10th June 2019, 21:55   #214
BHPian

The Korean Kia Cellos (Seltos) microsite here. Please use the google translate option.

https://www.kia.com/kr/vehicles/selt...site.html#none
DASKD24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 00:06   #215
BHPian

Just checked the Korean microsite. The design of the LHD dashboard is quite different from the RHD one. This was discussed couple of pages back, when Kia released those dashboard design pictures. What I find interesting is that, in the RHD one, the infotainment unit and the Speedo unit are sort of together like in the Golf picture that Karan shared. In the LHD version, the infotainment unit is a like a standalone screen projecting from the dashboard like in the Ecosport. Further, the LHD version has physical buttons below the screen and the design of central AC vents are little different. Also, notice the position of start-stop button. Why would they be doing two different dashboard designs for the same car ? After this, I have a feeling whether the rumored Bose speakers will make it into our Indian market.
Old 11th June 2019, 12:35   #216
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Rishabh Agrawal for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
The Kia Seltos was recently spied with Bose speakers. But there was a confusion among members if it would make it to Indian shores.

Look carefully and you'll find that in the sketches (Indian version) as well as the Korean version, BOSE is written on the speakers and are on the same location as in the spied images. I am attaching the pictures as well.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_5439.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_5437.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_5438.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 12:48   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Rishabh Agrawal for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Attachment 1883893

Attachment 1883894
Interesting to note that the design of the centre console for the international version and the Indian versions are different. The touchscreen infotainment system seems to be integrated to the instrument cluster in the Indian cars and also loses out on a few buttons below the screen. Wonder why Kia would change all this.

Air conditioning vents are also different and also the rotary control on the centre console.

This leads me to believe that Kia has paid attention to the design sketch released. So maybe, the Indian-spec Kia could get 4WD and even adaptive cruise control just because they are shown in the design sketches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Slightly off topic, but related as i just came across the spy shot of the VW Golf Mk 8's interior, which seems so similar to the design sketches of the Kia Seltos earlier shared;
Seems similar to the Indian car and not the international-spec. Golf also gets digital dials which the Seltos doesn't seem to get.

Last edited by ChiragM : 11th June 2019 at 12:50.
ChiragM is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 12:53   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Noticed a car showroom coming up in the junction of Panathur road,ORR, Bangalore. I haven't seen the Kia showrooms but looking at the color theme, I am pretty sure they might opening in the heart of IT tech hub in marathahalli area.

Showroom however looks very modest (suited for 1-2 cars only) and not flashy like the MG.
In JP Nagar, just five minutes away from where I stay, I noticed that MG is opening a showroom, opposite Barbecue Nation. Lo and behold, when coming home last evening, I say another building (about a km from the MG showroom) being renovated and a big bold sign board on top of the building which says : "Have you met KIA yet?" with a picture of a red SUV (I am guessing it is the Seltos).

Lots of competition and new showrooms coming up on this stretch of JP Nagar.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 18:12   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked the Korean microsite. The design of the LHD dashboard is quite different from the RHD one. This was discussed couple of pages back, when Kia released those dashboard design pictures. What I find interesting is that, in the RHD one, the infotainment unit and the Speedo unit are sort of together like in the Golf picture that Karan shared. In the LHD version, the infotainment unit is a like a standalone screen projecting from the dashboard like in the Ecosport. Further, the LHD version has physical buttons below the screen and the design of central AC vents are little different. Also, notice the position of start-stop button. Why would they be doing two different dashboard designs for the same car ? After this, I have a feeling whether the rumored Bose speakers will make it into our Indian market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Interesting to note that the design of the centre console for the international version and the Indian versions are different. The touchscreen infotainment system seems to be integrated to the instrument cluster in the Indian cars and also loses out on a few buttons below the screen. Wonder why Kia would change all this.
No, that's not true. IMO the model pictured there is some other model which will be positioned under the seltos.

This was already posted by volkman sometime back & have replied few pages back.

Check this post;
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4593188

My reply;
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4593391

Last edited by karan561 : 11th June 2019 at 18:18.
Old 12th June 2019, 00:40   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Rishabh Agrawal for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts
This is surprising. I've just checked out the features of the Sportage, Stinger and even the Telluride in their official brochures. All of them had either Harmon-Kardon, JBL or Infinity. Even the Bose website doesn't mention Kia as their partner. Maybe not yet and the Seltos might be the beginning.

We have the pictures here and probably that's proof that Kia is leaving no stone unturned in making the Seltos a hit. I'm guessing they might offer these speakers on the top trim.
Old 12th June 2019, 10:44   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
This is surprising. I've just checked out the features of the Sportage, Stinger and even the Telluride in their official brochures. All of them had either Harmon-Kardon, JBL or Infinity. Even the Bose website doesn't mention Kia as their partner. Maybe not yet and the Seltos might be the beginning.

We have the pictures here and probably that's proof that Kia is leaving no stone unturned in making the Seltos a hit. I'm guessing they might offer these speakers on the top trim.
Agree with rav11stars !! Had a similar experience when looking out for any existing Bose and Kia connection

BTW, a search in Bangalore Map shows 4 dealership locations as of now!
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190612-10.39.14-am.png  

Old 12th June 2019, 11:11   #222
BHPian

For folks in Kerala,

Alyson Kia coming up in Calicut, Malappuram and Kannur districts.
Incheon motors (from Nippon group) coming up in middle region in Kochi, Kottayam and Thrissur districts.
However, from what I heard, Pothens group which was supposed to open up at Trivandrum, seems to have dropped the idea and instead taking up MG dealership. I guess they will open showroom sometime around next year when there are more models from Kia.

Quote:
No, that's not true. IMO the model pictured there is some other model which will be positioned under the seltos.
But, the Korean website link (https://www.kia.com/kr/vehicles/selt...site.html#none) confirms the name Seltos. So, both sketches should be of the same vehicle right?
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:21   #223
BHPian

Personally I think Bose speakers are overrated esp in car. Their key USP in headphones is noise cancellation and not dynamic sound. There are better cheaper options in market. Sennheiser, Audio Technecia etc have richer sound and better sound staging.

In cars I remember Renault Koelos had come with Bose speakers, not sure about Fluence. The sound quality was not out of the world sorts. Rockford Fosgate in Outlander and JBL in mid-premium category are better. Higher ends have different brands altogether.
Bose speakers are good advertising for cars that's about it.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:31   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I hadn't seen those posts.

But, I am not too sure that Kia has two compact SUVs launching soon with a similar design language. I believe they are the same car.

If you look at these articles from Motor1 (1, 2), they say that the other interior is from the Seltos. The exterior teasers they have received are the same but the interior is slightly different. The full reveal timeline is also the same.

Anyway, we'll get to know soon once the car is launched.
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:44   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, the Korean website link (https://www.kia.com/kr/vehicles/selt...site.html#none) confirms the name Seltos. So, both sketches should be of the same vehicle right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks. I hadn't seen those posts.

But, I am not too sure that Kia has two compact SUVs launching soon with a similar design language. I believe they are the same car.

Anyway, we'll get to know soon once the car is launched.
May be i mis-interpreted some information, sorry for the confusion
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks