Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 18:16   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
UVO connect is Kia's version of the Bluelink that we recently saw in the Hyundai Venue.
An important reveal from KIA should also not be missed. The UVO Connect system is only Free for 3 years from purchase. This is interesting to note. Car markers are growing smarter, this shows they're continuously thinking on how they can make us part more with our wallet money in terms of 'services'.

Highly appealing car. KIA has studied the market very well and have appropriately loaded the SELTOS with comforts and features very relevant for today, transmission options, safety kit, etc. So I'm assuming it will undoubtedly do very well in our price sensitive market, if priced well. Literally a car loaded to the gills, save for a fancy panoramic sunroof.

Only 2 early observations which i hope will get cleared once we get photos of the interiors:
1) The width of the car doesn't seem any more than Creta. Probably of the same width (but maybe this won't be a major concern as MG Hector first reports also seem to show that the SUV isn't very wide).
2) The rear hatch window seems pretty narrow vertically, so rearward view could be limited/ restricted.

Will be keenly watching for the price reveal for petrol/ diesel automatic options with RLine.

Also interested in seeing how fellow members compare the KIA to MG Hector and Tata Harrier.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th June 2019 at 18:44. Reason: Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:19   #302
BHPian

Now if this is not the meaning of coming all guns blazing what else will be. A thing or two for local boys to learn.

This definitely seems to be a decent start for a new entrant. They chose the right segment, they understand what customer wants and this car checks all the boxes. Offering 3 types of Automatic variants proves their dedication and confidence in their product.

Seltos appears quite decent to my eye. Especially the front and alloys looks quite precise and elegant. I'm really impressed with the reclining seats at the back. With ample wheelbase (which seems to be the case so far) I bet rear passengers feel obliged. A few had some doubts on the height of the vehicle. Looks similar to Creta I guess, with more space and comfortable seating it should only be better than what Creta offers. Now all comes to drivability and handling, guess Kia won't disappoint us in that too. Wishing all the luck to Kia!
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:21   #303
BHPian

The top end version also comes with head up display. This is a really interesting feature for the segment.
amitahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:26   #304
BHPian

Some interior photos from Rushlane that I'd forgotten to include in my earlier post.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosinteriorsexteriorsphotos31750x430.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosinteriorsexteriorsphotos19.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosinteriorsexteriorsphotos39.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosinteriorsexteriorsphotos17750x430.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosinteriorsexteriorsphotos18750x430.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:31   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Could anyone please help to describe the unique features of different options offered in Seltos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
1) DCT - Duel Clutch transmission.
2) AT - Traditional automatic transmission which involves Torque Converters.
3) CVT - Continuously variable transmission which has infinite gear ratios instead of fixed ratios.
Thanks and the transmission available based on fuel variants are, the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines – branded ‘Smartstream’ – will get a 6-speed manual as standard.

Automatic options include:
  • CVT for the petrol
  • 6-speed torque converter for the diesel
  • 7-speed DCT for the 1.4 turbo-petrol.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th June 2019 at 18:45. Reason: Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:34   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Seltos seems to have the Creta well covered

Attachment 1886660
That is some interesting perspective man.

Good to see Kia cover almost all the major bases from compliance to auto transmissions to sunroof. With a longer wheelbase than Creta, hope they have improved the rear space.

Now that Seltos is unveiled, Kia should put a sticker shocker along with long warranties and let it fly of the shelves. This is the last move needed for the masses to accept an unknown brand. The more the Vehicles seen on the road as quickly as possible, the better. Product Perception matters.

(Scross vs Creta: Lots of People asked me, why I did not pick up a Creta over the Scross 1.6. Even though Scross is better in a lot of departments, it was still overwhelmed by the Creta due to the sheer numbers present on the road)

OT: any clue if Kia will get road tax exemptions similar to what Isuzu is getting in Andhra Pradesh. If that is the case, Kia take my money for a top end Seltos Automatic. (Petrol or diesel will depend on the test drives)
indian21r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:34   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The rear looks very BRV to me. KIA is very popular in the Gulf and is reliable. Though it's true that in the US Hyundai sells more. Their Sportage is seeing really strong sales and should have been introduced first. The Bangalore showroom is coming up at JP Nagar near Nandini Hotel/BATA. Looks like they will match MG in suave presentation, Brick by Brick.
What sells in the Gulf, might not necessarily work for India. I am sure it would have been very expensive to get the Sportage launched in India and hence KIA would have taken the trouble of developing an all new SUV with India in focus.
Old 20th June 2019, 18:35   #308
BHPian

What a reveal by Kia. Really the market is getting more & more competitive with each new launch.
Looking at the current line up of launches Compass, Harrier, Hector, Seltos, the Harrier & Compass truly feel out of place spec to spec on paper.

Compass seems way too overpriced now.

Harrier feels competitively priced but lacks a lot of features & comforts (sunroof in others, powered seats in compass, connected car, ventilated seats, diesel auto)

Hector seemed to shake up the market but let's see what price they launch.

Seltos is really packed with features (ventilated seats are the best and auto-box in diesel is their USP). But the size is small compared to the Harrier & Hector

A really interesting time for the buyer. Spoilt with so many choices and simultaneously so much confusion.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:03   #309
BHPian

My dad was about to place an order for Create automatic in March and I was somehow telling him to wait. Have been following this thread since day 1 and waiting eagerly for the Seltos launch.

My dad doesn't want a big/huge SUV so Creta/Seltos are perfect. Let's see how they price it - we'll place an order for the Automatic Transmission for sure....let's see which one - CVT or DCT, depending on the price difference.

Last edited by panamera13 : 20th June 2019 at 19:24.
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:33   #310
BHPian

My interest is sparked in 1.4 Torbo charged IVT petrol. It is going to be one hell of a car loaded with feature. Handling and road manners is the only unknown now.
Old 20th June 2019, 19:40   #311
BHPian

I really like the rear seat with no axle bump; it's priceless.
panamera13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:48   #312
BHPian

Quick update : As per Autocar india, Seltos is slated for an August launch with bookings accepted from Mid- July onwards.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-august-413179
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:49   #313
Senior - BHPian

Other Companies hesitate to offer auto box variants during initial launch, and here KIA is offering 3 auto boxes for us to choose from. Here are 3 auto boxes, take your pick. Kudos to the whole KIA team for this smashing product. Exterior design is bit overdone though.

@Rs 11-17 Lakh rumored ex-sh range, it is going to sell really well.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th June 2019 at 19:52.
Latheesh is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 20:08   #314
Senior - BHPian

I know what I'm talking about. Sportage is about AED 70,000, roughly 12-13 lakhs. Would that be too expensive? I guess not. Every automaker underestimates India, prime case being Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
What sells in the Gulf, might not necessarily work for India. I am sure it would have been very expensive
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 20:13   #315
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

What a start for Kia! A very well proportioned car, design seems very well balanced and doubt if any one would not like it. To me, the Seltos will not have polarising opinions on the way it looks. Its a design that all folks will love and none will hate. Unlike say the new Creta which many of us have already found to be too garish!

And to me, the most interesting part of the Seltos is the engine and gear box combinations! Kia is already doing a VW here!
3 engines, and all of them get Automatics and all three of them are different types of gearboxes! Add the equation of the additional GT line trim and im sure the variant list of the Seltos will be much longer than that of the Creta! But this also means that the Seltos could have a very wide price band, probably starting from somewhere where the Creta SX begins, at about 17 lakhs on road, going all the way to around 22 lakhs for the highest variant. Which is also where the Harrier is placed.
I also get a feeling that Jeep will respond, probably bringing prices down a bit and at some point you will have the Compass, Seltos and the Harrier all overlapping each other. All of a sudden, this segment is alive!
The only thing left to be seen is if the Seltos is a true rival to the Compass in terms of ride, handling and Build or would it sort of just one notch above the Creta.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks