Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2019, 07:00   #661
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Because, people here want the most capable machine with premium features. A DCT with all the premium features makes sense for most of us.
I'm already let down by this fact but we have to chose one - Creta or Seltos.

So, I'll be going with DCT GTi (GTX version) and get those parking sensors after market. Bose speakers etc are ok and wont be missed. But I'm still pissed off about the 360 degree camera.

Does the GTX have front/backup camera atleast?
Old 5th July 2019, 07:45   #662
BHPian

A video showing the dual tone Red/Black Seltos. Video quality is extremely poor. Try watching on mobile screens.

More pictures of the Seltos:
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-6.jpg

Notice the sun blinds like in the Hexa.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-8.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-9.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-10.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-11.jpg
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 07:54   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I did not see any difference in features between the HTX+ and the GTX+. I am not sure we can call DCT as "premium" over TC as both are proper automatics and serve different purpose. Also, my context is that we have been wanting a top end Diesel Auto in Creta for a long time. At least that seems to have been addressed.
I never said DCT is premium but only quoted features in DCT as premium. By capable machine I mean DCT variant belts out maximum power which everyone wants alongwith PREMIUM FEATURES.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 08:00   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
A video showing the dual tone Red/Black Seltos. Video quality is extremely poor. Try watching on mobile screens.

More pictures of the Seltos:
Attachment 1890216
Beige interiors again . What is this recent fascination about light coloured interiors. They are a pain to maintain and neither complement all exterior shades. Imagine a Blue or a orange Seltos with beige interiors. Hope they at least give a option of going full black.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 5th July 2019 at 08:01.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 08:12   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

I just noticed the rpm range only till 6k rpm, hence the redline will be around 5k rpm. Which clearly means this pic is of the Diesel variant;

^ But the steering clearly states GT Line, does that mean the Diesel GT Line will be the top of the line variant ?
karan561 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 08:38   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I just noticed the rpm range only till 6k rpm, hence the redline will be around 5k rpm. Which clearly means this pic is of the Diesel variant;

^ But the steering clearly states GT Line, does that mean the Diesel GT Line will be the top of the line variant ?
Great observation. A diesel GT will be a killer.
Old 5th July 2019, 09:26   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Pls speak to Shubham at +91 89012 66636 at Kia dealership, MG Road, Gurgaon

Also, absolutely horrible strategy by Kia not to offer DCT in GTX+ and give half baked features in GTX. Makes sense to go with Diesel AT but I personally don’t like TC’s and a 6 speed AT. Looks like I might have to wait for T-Cross till next year. Atleast, I know I will get much much better driving dynamics. Features are good in Kia but I can’t compromise on ride and handling.
Leaving aside the variants and features for a second, I have a question on pricing.

I'm planning on giving the 25K deposit for my dad's new seltos. But how do we finalize the final selling price. Can we negotiate the car prices in India or they're fixed and no scope for discount etc. The last time we bought a car was almost 10 yrs ago so haven't done any car shopping lately in India.

We're looking for the Petrol AT GTX; for my dad, I really want an Auto tranny, he can struggle with manual sometimes so AT is top priority. He was about to book a Creta in March and I have been holding him back.
Old 5th July 2019, 09:34   #668
BHPian

Quote:
I hope he's right. Because the variant list so far being circulated doesn't seem to be a well put together one.
If you compiled this list from the ACI article, it is missing the HUD. Even in ACI, HUD is listed only in GTX, not in HTK+ or HTX+ which is supposed to be the top variant in respective category. So definitely these are not perfect although we all know more or less what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
What is this light bar in the feature list? Anyone have a picture?
Quote:
Not the mood lighting, I think it's the front led light strip below the bonnet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Don't miss the slim light bar on the roof.
Attachment 1725485
The second picture in the first post of this thread had a light bar on the roof, but did not see that in any of the production models. So the light bar is either a mistake or fancy marketing term for DRL
Old 5th July 2019, 09:40   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
If you compiled this list from the ACI article, it is missing the HUD. Even in ACI, HUD is listed only in GTX, not in HTK+ or HTX+ which is supposed to be the top variant in respective category. So definitely these are not perfect although we all know more or less what to expect
So there are certain features that are only specific to GT MT variant which will be missing on Diesel top end variant. You choose either of them, you can’t get all the features. Even ACI post suggests the same.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 5th July 2019 at 09:42.
Old 5th July 2019, 09:46   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So there are certain features that are only specific to GT MT variant which will be missing on Diesel top end variant. You choose either of them, you can’t get all the features. Even ACI post suggests the same.
For those who thought Hyundai Creta's feature list was complicated, Kia Seltos is surely the next level in this regard! Pretty sure the sales guys in showroom will have a hard time explain features to the customers.

Yes ACI's list is tentative as it was mentioned. But it did give us a fair idea of what will come in which variant roughly.
Old 5th July 2019, 10:42   #671
BHPian

I got a text from KIA dealership in Ahmadabad. The SA told me display vehicles are expected at dealership around 15th July. Variant details might be out same time is what he confidently told me. They're accepting 'Pre-booking' for Rs 25K though he said official bookings will commence from 15th onwards. He promised that if I book now, they'll deliver vehicle in 1st lot once launched.

I'm planning to visit their dealership tomorrow to have further conversation. I'm looking for DCT however the confusion about top end unavailability in DCT is a bummer.
LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 10:51   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Can we negotiate the car prices in India or they're fixed and no scope for discount etc. The last time we bought a car was almost 10 yrs ago so haven't done any car shopping lately in India.
They are fixed. You may be able to negotiate on the free accessories and try to get better deal on insurance (can make a significant difference). Since it is a new car, there is no question of discounts (corporate discounts may still apply)
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 10:58   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
I got a text from KIA dealership in Ahmadabad. The SA told me display vehicles are expected at dealership around 15th July. Variant details might be out same time is what he confidently told me. They're accepting 'Pre-booking' for Rs 25K though he said official bookings will commence from 15th onwards. He promised that if I book now, they'll deliver vehicle in 1st lot once launched.

I'm planning to visit their dealership tomorrow to have further conversation. I'm looking for DCT however the confusion about top end unavailability in DCT is a bummer.
True the DCT not being the top end is a real bummer!!! Two dealerships in Bangalore gave me 2 different versions (one yes and one no), which doesn't help either.

But if we see the interior pics , the GT Line with DCT doesn't have Bose Audio..the Bose label is missing in both speaker grill and infotainment screen. So there are feature gaps, if his is an example!

I know all of us (me included) are with DCT not being in topmost variant.
I got a question from another interested friend who isn't a BHPian yet - how good or bad will be the HT line IVT/CVT ? That'll have an automatic top end with all bells and whistles, albeit less powerful.
DASKD24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 11:17   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
How can the top DCT petrol not have Front Parking Sensors, how ridiculous.

So, Kia will give heads up display in GTX Petrol AT and not Front parking sensors, what are they smoking?
The same good quality maal their cousins over at Hyundai are smoking .. idiots.
kimmig is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 11:28   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
The second picture in the first post of this thread had a light bar on the roof, but did not see that in any of the production models. So the light bar is either a mistake or fancy marketing term for DRL
No way there is going to be a led light bar in the roof. Fancy marketing term of course. Apparently, there is a 'Heartbeat led drl' and 'Sweeping led light bar'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
But the steering clearly states GT Line, does that mean the Diesel GT Line will be the top of the line variant ?
Diesel GT sounds too good to be true. But, what my friend who attended the training says is that, the variants present during the training were kind of "mixed", as in, to get a know-how of everything and may/ may not be the real production spec. Maybe that is why there was the GT steering wheel. Even they are unsure of whether there will be interiors tones, black/beige. He confirmed from his trainer that the current speculation about the variants may be wrong and to await until Kia confirms them during the mid-July when bookings are open.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 5th July 2019 at 11:33.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks