Old 12th July 2019, 10:23   #811
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Features List

Source: Youtube/Car news By Rishabh Arora
Credit: Pawan Vidhani

Sadly the worse case scenario is true; GTX is missing out on the features everyone was looking forward to including me.

Attachment 1893268

Attachment 1893269

Attachment 1893270

It seems there might be another column beyond GTX+ that got cropped out, looks more evident in the second pic, with the yellow highlight bleeding out in one row!!!
Or is it only me!
Old 12th July 2019, 10:27   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
City - Dealer - Location

Disclaimer: The dealership location list below has been compiled and verified by Autocar India. The official list of Kia dealers will be available on the brand’s website in the coming days.

This isn't holistic yet , at least for Bangalore.
Apart from JSP and PPS, there are Advaith (Lalbagh Rd), Epitome (Whitefield) , Taapasi (ORR-Banaswadi), NAARA (JP Nagar) as well.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th July 2019 at 11:11. Reason: Please do not quote a long post as it hampers readability
DASKD24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 10:56   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Same thought. Initially, I’d also thought that I would settle for HTX+ but with a lethargic Torque converter and only 115 bhp makes no sense to plonk 20 odd Lacs on this. I would rather wait and watch. Hindsight, did they have problem offering DCT in Diesel?
In my view, Torque Converters are better in masking the lag at lower speeds and DCT may prove to be more painful to drive with a weaker engine.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:28   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In my view, Torque Converters are better in masking the lag at lower speeds and DCT may prove to be more painful to drive with a weaker engine.
In my view, DCT with a Turbo petrol engine may prove to be a better bet. Especially, when cruising on highways or while overtaking. The sheer power (BHP) it generates as compared to its diesel counterpart makes it a go to vehicle for enthusiasts like us.

The initial lag in a Turbo DCT will be minimal as compared to a TC. That's why when you drive a DSG (TSI or TDI), you suddenly feel that adrenaline rush. Personally my view.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-599bf48f720149d2a9f44122f5cbe2d4.jpeg

official confirmation from Kia.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 12th July 2019 at 11:43. Reason: back to back posts merged.
NAVREVV is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 11:58   #815
BHPian

Quote:
City - Dealer - Location
  • Chennai - S.B.M Motors - Mount Poonamalle High Rd, Audco Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Kun Kia - Anna Nagar West, Anna Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Disclaimer: The dealership location list below has been compiled and verified by Autocar India. The official list of Kia dealers will be available on the brand’s website in the coming days.

There is also one showroom coming up at Ambattur Industrial Estate, right next to Tata Showroom and BMW showroom.
hareesh3395 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 12:04   #816
BANNED

Sometimes I wonder whether KIA should have delayed a bit and come in with EVs. This will also save a lot of tooling costs. Then it could have become the EV badge for the parent company.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 12:24   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my view, DCT with a Turbo petrol engine may prove to be a better bet. Especially, when cruising on highways or while overtaking. The sheer power (BHP) it generates as compared to its diesel counterpart makes it a go to vehicle for enthusiasts like us.

The initial lag in a Turbo DCT will be minimal as compared to a TC. That's why when you drive a DSG (TSI or TDI), you suddenly feel that adrenaline rush. Personally my view.
I agree, a powerful turbocharged petrol engine + DCT is a good combination, but I was talking about the underpowered diesel engine. It may be better with the TC (as they are offering now).
Old 12th July 2019, 12:45   #818
BHPian

Quote:
City - Dealer - Location
  • Hyderabad - Kia Motors - Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks.

There are at least two more showrooms (upcoming) in Hyderabad belonging to Automotive group, see below.
http://www.automotivekia.com/our-locations/
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 14:04   #819
BHPian

I tried to look for online booking for Seltos, and I couldn't find anything even when the leaflet mentions this. Did anyone else managed to find it?

I am quite shocked to see in this day and age, a company like Kia expects customer to call the customer care, locate a dealer (which is still building the showroom) and then go and give a cheque for pre-booking in a showroom which is not even open. I mean what is the point! and if that was the case, why would you advertise the same as pre-bookings open??

This whole process of reveals, soft launches, pre-bookings, etc. needs to be refined to a level that while they stimulate and arouse the interest of the potential customers it doesn't impairs on the customer experience and comfort.

I mean, if Kia has decided to open the booking (it cant be called a pre-booking if they are recognising the process), how difficult is it then to make or use a portal to open the bookings online as well. I can guarantee that would have increased the number of bookings by many-folds and would have given massive bragging rights to Kia immediately on the number of bookings received.

Just my 2 cents.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 14:24   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I tried to look for online booking for Seltos, and I couldn't find anything even when the leaflet mentions this. Did anyone else managed to find it?
That's because pre-bookings haven't been opened online as yet by Kia and expected to go live by 16th July. The dealers have started taking bookings unofficially on which Kia doesn't seem to have any say.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 12th July 2019 at 14:27.
Old 12th July 2019, 14:52   #821
BHPian

Quote:
That's because pre-bookings haven't been opened online as yet by Kia and expected to go live by 16th July. The dealers have started taking bookings unofficially on which Kia doesn't seem to have any say.
I called the Kia toll free number and they mentioned that the bookings will open officially on 16th July. I told them that i have already pre-booked the seltos. They said that as long as it is a valid dealer. It is good, so clearly Kia has an idea that pre-booking is on and it is not subject to the official date.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 16:33   #822
BHPian

I know someone uploaded the screenshots from that video, some of them were missing in there. Uploading all of them here.

The petrol top end doesnt get DCT and no drive modes.

The petrol DCT doesnt get driver power seats, no bose speakers, no 360 degree camera, no ventilated seats and no sunroof.

The diesel top end doesnt get 6 airbags, no drive modes, no heads up display, no 360 degree camera and no rain sensing wipers.

As soon as this gets official I'll go ahead and cancel my booking
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190712_155836.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190712_160006.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190712_160103.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190712_160143.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190712_160224.jpg  

sreejinair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 17:07   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
The diesel top end doesnt get 6 airbags, no drive modes, no heads up display, no 360 degree camera and no rain sensing wipers.
If you mean to say that Seltos will not come with a fully loaded diesel automatic variant, then its seriously a mistake. If thats the case, Seltos doesn't have any USP over say a Creta, Harrier or Hector. Its just another car.

Its almost 2020, and we still don't have a fully loaded diesel automatic in our markets. Shows how much we safety is a priority in India
Old 12th July 2019, 17:11   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post

As soon as this gets official I'll go ahead and cancel my booking
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-capture.jpg

Yes, It's rather disappointing but still there is uncertainty related to features. Like the attached picture shows that Diesel Top end will have 3 out of 6 missing features you mentioned but still, Top end should mean it should be loaded to the gills and there shouldn't not be any differentiation between 2 different top end models.

I wonder how top end is defined inside Kia world.
Old 12th July 2019, 18:44   #825
BHPian

So is the fully loaded option known as GTX+? (Manual)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks