Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 22:16   #1216
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2avg View Post
Powered seat should be easy. Just pull out original and install the powered one. Power source should already be close by.
You need a controller, relays, switches, connectors, harnesses etc., preferably from the same company that supplies to Kia and a perfect installation.

We don't want the seat moving while the car is on the move

Quote:
Search for 360 degrees camera on alibaba or aliexpress or ebay. Should be $250 for all 4 cameras including the control unit.
Oh yes, there are lots, but apart from plugging in cameras all around, you also need super precise calibration.

I have a Blaupunkt MC 750 with a HQ HD rear camera installed in our Brio. While the HU and associated features work like a charm, the rear camera view is not as precise as in my S-Cross, meaning objects actually appear farther than they actually are.

Quote:
Forget the sunroof
Agree, completely. The whole point, as already discussed, is if you want to do all of this after shelling out big bang bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
It's not possible to get things fixed after market. They will remove your warranty. Remember this car is UVO connected so all the car health information is connected.
Yes, this is definitely a probability.

Last edited by pannags : 24th July 2019 at 22:20. Reason: Formatted and quote added
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 23:50   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Just spoke to the SA who took my booking advance in Chennai. He confirmed the top end diesel is on display, but sadly has only 2 Airbags! He also confirmed that only the GT line gets 6 airbags. Time to start the refund process. Sigh!!
That's a bummer. What's the point of calling it top end variant then, considering it cost 15-20L. Even cars like Figo/ Freestyle has 6 airbags in top variant. I hope there will be sufficient cancellations so that Kia will learn it the hard way.

Even though I see the buttons around the gear lever, I cannot find the camera present in the ORVMs for 360 degree camera.

The video from the Bangalore showroom:

1. You can see the rear parking camera in the beginning of the video. Don't know if 360 camera is present.
2. The speedometer gets the bigger multi-info display.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 25th July 2019 at 00:09.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 23:58   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Even though I see the buttons around the gear lever, I cannot find the camera present in the ORVMs for 360 degree camera.
I think that button is not for the 360 camera but for the DRVM.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:09. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 25th July 2019, 00:07   #1219
BHPian

A Chennai BHPian's friend has prebooked the Seltos and he got a PDF that looks like an official brochure (not sure since the features table, engine specs and dimensions data are misaligned). Looks like the 1.4 TGDI GTX+ MT is the fully loaded version.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_2019072423545945_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_2019072423550733_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_2019072423551423_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_2019072423553117_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_2019072423554197_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_2019072423554612_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 25th July 2019 at 00:20.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 00:14   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
A Chennai BHPian's friend has prebooked the Seltos and he got a PDF that looks like an official brochure (not sure since the engine specs and dimensions are misaligned)
This is the same brochure that the Rishabh from YouTube has started distributing and has been discussed in the last few pages. This is not the official brochure.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 00:25   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
You need a controller, relays, switches, connectors, harnesses etc., preferably from the same company that supplies to Kia and a perfect installation.

We don't want the seat moving while the car is on the move
Nope. Harness, yes of course. But electronics, they are part of the seat.
And you don't need "controllers, relays, switches, connectors, harnesses, etc." to hold the seat in place. You need screws. The rails and screw holes match between power and non-power seats. Of course I am talking about replacing with OEM power seats.

Anyway the feature lists are speculations and this discussion is total timepass.
m2avg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 00:29   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
This is the same brochure that the Rishabh from YouTube has started distributing and has been discussed in the last few pages. This is not the official brochure.
Absolutely. Looking at the "Rishabh brochure" - the font, the spacing, the overall layout... this Seltos variant speculation has started becoming a joke.
Old 25th July 2019, 06:05   #1223
BHPian

I personally feel Kia Seltos is the first car in India that is being talked about everywhere in the internet. Never have I seen such a hyper for mid size front wheel drive SUV. It's a matter of few days. We can wait patiently for the variant list to come up and then judge accordingly.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 08:07. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th July 2019, 07:38   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Of course I am talking about replacing with OEM power seats.

Anyway the feature lists are speculations and this discussion is total timepass.
Easier said than done! You sound like it's akin to plugging in a new pair of bulbs.

When I bought my S-Cross Zeta, the only big deal I had to let go of were the projector headlamps. I always thought I could bank on the likes of Morimoto for reliable aftermarket options. Of course, you get kits aplenty, but installation is where things get murky.

And yes, this discussion is not like totally pointless. That you have a car maker offering 6 different combinations of engines and transmissions is enough reason for enthusiasists to deliberate and speculate.

I rest my case
Old 25th July 2019, 07:48   #1225
Senior - BHPian

The thread has already gone into "customization" mode when the car itself hasn't been launched yet. People have already "bought" the base Creta er Seltos and are fitting sunroofs, power seats and head lights etc, also add a fire extinguisher: just in case.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 25th July 2019 at 07:49.
Durango Dude is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 07:55   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
I personally feel Kia Seltos is the first car in India that is being talked about everywhere in the internet. Never have I seen such a hyper for mid size front wheel drive SUV. It's a matter of few days. We can wait patiently for the varient list to come up and then judge accordingly.
There is nothing more left to judge. We have judged already. Calling it a top end and giving just 2 Airbags is very immature of Kia. Now I only hope, there are enough cancellations to bring Kia back to their senses.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:12   #1227
BHPian

Most of the indian buyers from what I have seen usually purchases either the base trim or the mid trim as their purchase of car is for a short term.

There are very few who purchases the top end trims as those customers mostly use their cars for a long run and a guilt free experience of missing buttons and switches.

There is no doubt that this car will be a success and it is definitely going to eat into MG hectors sales soon as the bookings have shut down. Well MG should have had BS6 engines from the very start.

It is really crazy how the car industry now no longer casters to enthusiasts but only to the mass buyers and this is one reason as to the growing popularity and production of SUV's all around the world. Maybe in next ten years we might barely see any sedans or hatchbacks on the roads.

Who is to know that DCT GTx+ was estimated in such a price bracket that it started touching D segment sedans. Definitely that must have scared Kia. MG hector became a popular choice due to 3 simple variants. Each of them available with a petrol and diesel. Icing on the cake- you could choose any trim with manual and automatic.

Other parts of the world cry for a fully loaded manual transmission and here we plead for a fully loaded automatic. It is very intresting to see customer preferences all across the world.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 09:18   #1228
BHPian

82 pages in now. My submission is should this thread be locked temporarily till the car is launched? There are more conjectures and speculations and most things that could have been debated and discussed would have been covered by now. We won’t really know what’s for real and what’s not, till such time the variants and prices are official.
maven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 09:23   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the indian buyers from what I have seen usually purchases either the base trim or the mid trim as their purchase of car is for a short term.

Other parts of the world cry for a fully loaded manual transmission and here we plead for a fully loaded automatic. It is very intresting to see customer preferences all across the world.
On the contrary, if reports are to be believed, there is now an ever growing portion of the populace, especially in the major cities where these cars are most likely to be bought, who prefer the top end versions. The customer is now more than ever willing to put in the extra bucks to get the features etc which top end versions promise.

As to automatic versions growing in popularity in India - well the reason is obvious. Pathetic road conditions and ever inflating traffic, which renders driving a manual pretty much a mirthless experience and a chore for all but the hardest core of enthusiasts.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:22   #1230
BHPian

In 1998, in our Maruti 800, I used to put newspaper in the rear window to protect from the sun (Non-AC car). Then for our swift, we bought those window screens with suction cups. Now with Seltos offering rear sunshades, it would a great "first in segment" addition so really looking to those features. BTW, my dad did pre-book the GTX 1.4 Turbo.

I just hope Kia surprises us with it's power to surprise tagline by announcing a fully loaded DCT 1.4 GTXX variant that even dealers have no idea about. That would the real "power to surprise". How can they surprise us if all the leaked variant info is true?

I also tweeted to the official Kia handle about the absence of a real top end Auto variant; they just replied back with the template response...please standby, power to surprise...blah blah..

Last edited by panamera13 : 25th July 2019 at 10:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed