Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 23:05   #1366
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
The first Seltos will be rolled out from the factory on 8th August.
What does this mean?
The cars which have reached dealership are still prototypes?
Old 29th July 2019, 23:09   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
What does this mean?
The cars which have reached dealership are still prototypes?
Those cars are likely to be pre-production units, so in a way, yes.
Old 29th July 2019, 23:15   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
The first Seltos will be rolled out from the factory on 8th August.
Source? Most websites are saying Jul 31.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...july-31-413594
Old 29th July 2019, 23:17   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Those cars are likely to be pre-production units, so in a way, yes.
Link - Economic Times

Quote:
South Korean auto major Kia Motors is all set to roll out its first made in India mid- SUV, Kia Seltos, from its plant located in Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh on July 31, according to company sources.

"Kia Motors will roll out the first car from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Anantapur, in the state of Andhra Pradesh on July31. With this, the company will begin the mass production of the Kia Seltos for the Indian market," sources told.
I think they planned to start mass production on July 31, which is now pushed to August 8.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 29th July 2019 at 23:20.
Old 29th July 2019, 23:22   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Link - Economic Times

I think they planned to start mass production on July 31, which is now pushed to August 8.
Yes, that's correct. The initial plan was to roll out the first vehicle day after (31st), but it was indefinitely postponed. Today, they said that the first car will be rolled out on 8th August, and have invited automobile publications for the same.
Old 29th July 2019, 23:42   #1371
BHPian

Hi all,

Saw this video on YouTube and this calls out that the GT line DCT will offer top of the line GTX+ as well .

Alive2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 00:19   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Saw this video on YouTube
And here we go again!

Unfortunately, he has no new lists in this video. I'm surprised no one called him out after the whole "Send me your number and I'll send you a (fake) brochure" scam. Don't forget to click 'subscribe' and tap that 'bell' icon guys.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 10:46   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Saw this video on YouTube and this calls out that the GT line DCT will offer top of the line GTX+ as well .
The interior photos he has posted is of a dealer preview cars that we saw back in June. BHPian Volkman10 had shared the same.

Link

This YouTube guy seems to be keeping people excited with new video and update every 3-4 days a week, people are falling for him. Just crazy.

Next week we should get to know all details.

Last edited by ampere : 30th July 2019 at 13:33. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 13:29   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
The interior photos he has posted is of a dealer preview cars that we saw back in June. BHPian Volkman10 had shared the same.

Link

This YouTube guy seems to be keeping people excited with new video and update every 3-4 days a week, people are falling for him. Just crazy.

Next week we should get to know all details.
This guy may be making some money in the process but his credibility will take a hit as he has churned out more mis-information than anyone else or a regular basis. Google needs to deal with such fake information providers so that platform remains useful.

My dealer has sent me a WhatsApp message informing me that car will be on display on or after 3rd August and test drives commencement date is not yet finalised.

On personal front, I have made my mind to go for HTX+ diesel AT over GTX AT as long as it does not compromise on safety and provides ESC and Hill Start assist over the leaked list.
RajeevSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 14:07   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
A DCT box mated to a turbo petrol versus an AT box mated to a turbo diesel- sound somewhat equally exciting
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
I have made my mind to gon for HTX+ diesel AT over GTX AT as long as it does not compromise on safety and provides ESC and Hill Start assist over the leaked list.
Well! I'm going to make a decision only after driving all automatic transmission options on offer, including the Petrol CVT.

I actually like the HT exterior styling - alloys included - better, but have apprehensions about bringing home another diesel.
Old 30th July 2019, 14:25   #1376
BHPian

Just managed to speak to one of my cousin's friend. He works in a middle management role in Kia Motors, Anantpur. As per him, the variants and price list floating around are just speculations and that the internal employees are also not aware of any major updates. He confirmed that the mass production of the car is getting started and preparations are in full swing. He is aware of a few updates, which he doesn't want to share now, as all employees have been asked to be tight lipped and not leak any information. He did however mention that there will be a very aggressive pricing (especially after MG Hector launch) and there would be some deviation from the variant list floating in forums. I asked if Kia is following the customer demands and if they are inclined to modify their variant list accordingly, to which he answered in one word Yes.

I asked him about the availability of test drive vehicles, especially the GTX Auto variant that I had booked and he said that Auto/Manual of Petrol/GT/Diesel would slowly steadily be made available for test drive at all showrooms across India. The test drive vehicles would just be the prototypes and will not be the final model, meaning if GTX Auto has a sunroof, we should not infer that it is GTX+. The test drive vehicles will feature all bells and whistles, just for the perspective customer to get a look and feel of the features.

I finally asked him if the pricing and variant list is finalized or still being discussed, to which he said that it should be left to the discretion of the customer (which probably I understood as, that Kia would have released pricing/variant list or at least the variant list by now, if it was finalized).

I asked him for some discount through him and he was non committal on that. My cousin who was also part of the conf call said that he will arrange for some discount at the time of payment settlement, to which he laughed

He had asked for an assurance that his name will not be quoted anywhere and also that the conf call will not be recorded. My cousin (not part of Team BHP) and I fully committed to not reveal his identity anywhere.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd August 2019 at 20:26. Reason: Reveal not relieve, last sentance.
MukundanMK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 14:32   #1377
BHPian

So, it looks like we will have to wait another month to find out the variant specs and pricing. I seriously hope that the hector I pre booked just like seltos doesnt arrive. I have TDed the hector 6 times till date and would like to do at least the same for the seltos.
Old 30th July 2019, 15:04   #1378
BHPian

I am somehow losing interest in tracking any updates on Seltos nowadays. Firstly the reveal that happened with non-production mules and now new dates for soft launch without any feature list (which is a big mystery in itself). I had made up my mind for a GTX DCT (Only for Petrol Auto and Six airbags), but I guess I will wait till KIA rolls out concrete info about the variants and feature list and of course the aggressive pricing.
Patience..

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th July 2019 at 15:09. Reason: typo loosing > losing
Old 30th July 2019, 15:26   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Just managed to speak to one of my cousin's friend. He works in a middle management role in Kia Motors, Anantpur.
TBH, such a long post and no specifics. Heck this info borders on speculation and one doesn't need to be an insider to come up with this.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st August 2019 at 22:05. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 15:28   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I am somehow losing interest in tracking any updates on Seltos nowadays. Firstly the reveal that happened with non-production mules and now new dates for soft launch without any feature list (which is a big mystery in itself). I had made up my mind for a GTX DCT (Only for Petrol Auto and Six airbags), but I guess I will wait till KIA rolls out concrete info about the variants and feature list and of course the aggressive pricing.
Patience..
Friend, I understand what you are saying and am too sailing on the same boat. Would be good if Kia announces the Variant and Price list tonight itself. I will be able to make a decision, test drive the car and finalize my decision (period). I will carry on with my other works.

But I get a strong feeling (which has now become stronger after speaking to the Kia employee) that Kia is playing its card very close to its chest. They are launching their first car in India at a time when the automobile industry is in some kind of recession. MG took that gamble and they tasted their initial success by capturing 2 sentiments of Indian customers (fancy features in the car and pricing). Kia, I am sure is trying to follow the same foot steps of MG. They have no other option, in my opinion. This is like a game of chess for them. A wrong move would lead to a checkmate kind of scenario and a correct move, will prolong the chess game.

The waiting time taken by Kia is not to definitely tease their potential customers. They are launching their first car in India and they would want to see 10000's of them running on Indian roads. Word of mouth and positive reviews in forums are their biggest marketing strategy. They definitely are taking time to decide on the best possible combination of variant packs and also very aggressive pricing. They have a proven model in MG Hector (at lest the initial hit). The 1.4 GT petrol engine sounds more promising to me, than that of Hector's 1.5 Turbo petrol engine.

The guinea pigs of Kia Seltos are for sure not going to be let down by Kia. If they are let down, Kia would take a longer time to rebuild their brand value in India. First impression is always the best and lasting impression.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
MukundanMK is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks