Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 14:31   #3706
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
... l

Dealer gave option for some 7 insurance providers - I just went with Bajaj with whom I've insured my other vehicles. 1yr own and 3yr 3rd party.

Hi, how much did the insurance cost and how did you book it - online/ agent / policy bazaar etc?

Thank you
Old 1st November 2019, 15:04   #3707
BHPian

Just took an update from my SA regarding my HTX IVT, he said the production of GTX & GTX Plus is in full swing currently and production for HTX will again start after they finish producing their desired lot for GTX & GTX Plus. So good news for those who have booked GTX & GTX Plus. You might get a call from your SA anytime.

To the owners of SELTOS, how is the quality of perfumes in the perfume diffuser? Are they working fine? Also from where to purchase the refills and how much does it cost? Would appreciate if someone give their two cents on it.

Last edited by Kpaaz : 1st November 2019 at 15:16.
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 15:14   #3708
Distinguished - BHPian

Based on my experience with the SELTOS maintaining tyre pressures @ 32 psi has been the sweet spot for ideal ride & handling balance so far;

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1572601303865.jpg

karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 15:27   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
Hello guys this is my first post here and i have been following this thread from the start and wanted to post alot of information regarding seltos. But finally now i can & wanted my first post to be interesting. So here it is my white gtx+ dct with gtx interiors (all black). Super happy with the work done here almost oem. I personally will give 9.5/10
The job is damn good If you don't mind, can you share the cost (Itemised as and if possible ) and place where it was done?
Old 1st November 2019, 17:01   #3710
BHPian

For the people who have received htx ivt, what was your booking date? I did one in Delhi in Aug second week and was told that I might get a delivery by Diwali... But to no avail :(
Old 1st November 2019, 17:28   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
For the people who have received htx ivt, what was your booking date? I did one in Delhi in Aug second week and was told that I might get a delivery by Diwali... But to no avail :(
Those who have booked in August are getting their delivery now here in Mumbai. What does your SA tell you about your delivery? I think you may get allocated very soon!

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:35. Reason: Spacing.
Kpaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 17:40   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Just took an update from my SA regarding my HTX IVT, he said the production of GTX & GTX Plus is in full swing currently and production for HTX will again start after they finish producing their desired lot for GTX & GTX Plus. So good news for those who have booked GTX & GTX Plus. You might get a call from your SA anytime.
Don’t go by what this SA’s say, they cook up any stories to get the booking done or calm down frustrated customers who are still awaiting for their cars. Here in Bangalore, I was told by Oct end will get to know the delivery date. But, post calling them yesterday, they said they have received only tech line variants and asked me to wait for another week
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 17:46   #3713
BHPian

Not sure if this is answered anywhere, but my question is about the connected cars (Hector, Venue included). Kia has UVO which has a 3 year free subscription. What is the cost of subscription renewal for the further years?

What happens if the telecom service provider shuts shop (Hyundai Venue uses Vodafone and Vodafone may exit India)?
Old 1st November 2019, 19:23   #3714

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition and welcome to T-Bhp. The car does look stunning in Black and I would change it if I could so understandably I am very curious.

Once you get a chance, I am very keen to understand how were they able to take care of ventilation and the airbags. Also I would assume that they would have to remove completely the original covers, so what happened with that?

Also do share the cost of this conversion and the time taken.

Thanks, and enjoy your ride.
Sorry for the late reply as the schedule was very hectic today.

So I asked him about more technical details on airbags and ventilation

For ventialtion
He said that the PU Leather is perforated just like the company is doing and the base cloth what they call 'ASTAR' is porous so ventilation works fine as there is no blockage of any type.

For airbags
He said that special stitching is done in that portion & the leather used is just 1 mm thick. So when airbag comes off, the pressure can easily penetrate the leather and tear it as it is very thin.

Cost
So everything was done by the sales person (Vicky Rastogi) from Speedingo Kia Patparganj Industrial Delhi.

He charged 30k for everything, from seat covers to painting everything black glove box, etc. From picking up the car at my place to delivering it back.
And dashboard with stitching was my idea at the last moment & he did it for free& I don't know exactly from where the work is done but it was somewhere in Ramesh Nagar.

Overall I am really really happy with the work and it feels really good too.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:36. Reason: Post fixed.
anshul70701 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 20:33   #3715
BHPian

Quote:
Overall really happy with the car now. IMO beige black were just pathetic for my liking.
First of all welcome to Team-BHP, and secondly the things which you have shared here is something that was haunting me from the day one when I booked my car.

I was badly in need of this black interiors as in GTX DCT variant. Unfortunately my booking was for GTX+ DCT which is a biege interior one, I was even thinking to write an email to Kia India and request to customise my car with black interior for some extra penny

Put some more light on the process of making it completely black.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:38. Reason: Quote trimmed. Random capitalization removed. Please proof-read before posting.
Old 1st November 2019, 20:57   #3716

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Put some more light on the process of making it Completely Black.
I was literally in same dilemma and was even considering buying GTX DCT dual tone for the black interiors and black roof but then I weighed pros and cons.

Pros
* seat ventilation
* sunroof
* powered seats
* Bose sound system
* 360 camera
* blind view monitor
* front parking sensors
Phew man, this is way too much for 1 lakh extra

So GTX++ it is

Finally after settling with GTX+ DCT.
I requested sales person to do anything and get GTX interior in my GTX+. Many times we had this discussion but no result. So one day he said that I know somebody who can do this and he is asking for 30k for the job but I don't really trust outside people in this matter.
So I said 30k is no problem but I will not pay a penny till am satisfied with the work. And the moment I will be satisfied I will not pay a penny less.

And it just happened.... Now am satisfied totally.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:29. Reason: Quote trimmed. Post fixed. Please proof read before posting.
anshul70701 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 21:05   #3717
BHPian

Quote:

For airbags

He said that special stiching is done in that portion & the leather used is just 1mm thick. So when airbag comes off, the pressure can easily penetrate the leather and tear it as it is very thin.
I would not trust anyone on such a critical safety feature. However thin the cover might be, it is just not worth the risk that it might hamper the airbag operation.

In the interest of safety what you should look into is get the cover cut off from both sides like a BHPian has gotten done on his Yaris.
TG_F196 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 21:09   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The drive modes are present as per the brochure and if you scroll a couple of pages backwards on this thread, then one of the BHPians who took delivery of the car has confirmed the presence of the drive modes.
Drive modes and Traction controls are available only in GTX /GTX+ 7DCT Petrol and GTX+ 6AT Diesel.

Techline HTX+ Diesel 6AT is missing drive modes and Traction controls.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:38. Reason: Quote trimmed.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 21:48   #3719
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
What you can see is that your DTE is only ~250km with a slightly less than half tank left, which gives you a range of around 500km. Given it is a 52litre tank, I say your average will be closer to 10kmpl by the tank-full to tank-full method.

So while the DCT is performing much better than the competition (say Hector), one should realistically in city conditions only expect a near 10kmpl IMO.
You were right. With mostly city traffic in Gurgaon during rush hours (85% city drive), I have done two tankfuls till now. First one returned a mileage of 10.1 KMPL and the second one at 10.9 KMPL. Though I’m sure other drivers can extract more mileage as I drive with quite a heavy right foot, to truly enjoy the engine and transmission combination
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:37   #3720
BHPian

12,850 seltos sold in October, 2019. With single model, Kia entered top 5 and just slightly behind Tata motors. Kia outsold the likes of Toyota, Honda, VW group, Renault. All these companies have many cheaper models compared to Seltos.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos.png

Source:
https://www.rushlane.com/car-sales-o...-12331782.html

Last edited by sri_tesla : 2nd November 2019 at 11:38.
sri_tesla is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks