Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 11:21   #1801
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post

One question for the experts, especially the black color car owners. How difficult is the maintenance of a black car? I can understand that the smallest of scratches also will be visibly seen. What else are the cons of black color car? Thanks in advance for your time.
It is difficult. I used to own a black Vento and let me tell you, unless you are passionate about keeping your car spotlessly clean and prepared to follow the professional way of washing the car and spending time on it, don't go for it. I uesd to spend a lot of time in maintaining the sheen of that pearl balck finish, with periodic detailing sessions to take care of swrils, which will invariably show up , inspite of your best efforts. Having said that, if you have the time and patience, nothing like a properly detailed black beauty.
premc44 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 11:40   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Motorist View Post
As per my interaction with SA agent today, Seltos has 8 speakers from Bose. No woofer etc.
Another poor soul who Kia managed to confuse unless he is talking about a lower variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
The Seltos comes with an 8 Bose speaker includes 4 in the doors, two tweeters, one centre speaker in the dash, subwoofer in the boot and amp below the codriver seat.
Exactly. Photos from media event has the proof of that.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-concept-3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What's more is that the lower GTX has a soft back for the front seats with a mobile phone pouch which the GTX+ doesn't. The GTX+ gets a hard plastic seat back which for the rear passengers knees is not most comfy.
Just on this point, I do recollect from some photos shared in this thread or reviews online that showed pouches even for the hard plastic seatbacks unlike the Nextgen Verna.
Old 12th August 2019, 12:07   #1803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Just on this point, I do recollect from some photos shared in this thread or reviews online that showed pouches even for the hard plastic seatbacks unlike the Nextgen Verna.
The hard seat back GTX+ has one single pouch. The soft seat GTX all black has 2 pouches. One on top small and perfect for mobile or tablet and a deeper regular lower one.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 12:08   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

What you are suggesting isn't generally a strategy that established / global brands . If Octavia price is reduced - it will result in their own higher segment cars appearing even more overpriced than the one just below.
Skoda actually has leeway here - the base 1.4 TSI ambition manual costs 16 ex showroom Delhi without any offers. Add a lakh or more for dsg, and then you have a version at 17+ without upsetting the applecart /reductions . Why I brought this up, is the 1.4 GTX and 1.4 TSI have quite similar specs on paper, and at similar prices it would be interesting to see if the SUV wave holds.
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 12:34   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Kia Seltos (Mid Variant HTK/HTK+) in Various Colors.

Pic Source - WhatsApp
Looks like the HTK+ variant has black fabric seat cover. Wish there was a picture of the interiors as well.

Sales Rep from Allied Motors (KIA Sohna Road) confirmed that petrol 1.5 MT and IVT will be available for TD in 2-4 days. Currently, there is no feedback on 1.5 MT or IVT.

Does any member have more information than specifications of 1.5P?
Old 12th August 2019, 13:23   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
The hard seat back GTX+ has one single pouch. The soft seat GTX all black has 2 pouches. One on top small and perfect for mobile or tablet and a deeper regular lower one.
Well no, the GTX+ has pouches on both the sides of the hard plastic seat backs during my visit.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190803_160118.jpg
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 13:46   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Well no, the GTX+ has pouches on both the sides of the hard plastic seat backs during my visit.

Attachment 1904539
I believe he is referring to 2 sets of pockets on each side of the front seat backside. So 4 pockets in GTX black seats and only the regular 2 pockets in the GTX+ variant with beige interiors.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 15:19   #1808
BHPian

I just got an update. The gtx+ variant is available in diesel automatic also, which is great and would put to rest, the safety issues of just 2 airbags. Not sure if this is old news.

Link
lovesujay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 15:29   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesujay View Post
I just got an update. The gtx+ variant is available in diesel automatic also, which is great and would put to rest, the safety issues of just 2 airbags. Not sure if this is old news.

Link
Can see a similar note in Carwale also. While if this news is true, it is welcoming for sure. However this is confusing also. GT Line all this while was told to be dedicated to 1.4 Turbo Petrol only and now we are hearing about a diesel variant. Could be that only GT Line base framework is ready for 6 airbags (and Tech Line's is not) and Kia is compelled to bring in a Top End Auto in Diesel also. Hence the marriage between GT Line and Diesel Auto.

Its amazing that Kia is hearing to its customer's plea and willing to change its variant models so quickly. Now we have 18 variants to choose from.
Link

Last edited by MukundanMK : 12th August 2019 at 15:31.
Old 12th August 2019, 16:13   #1810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post

Attachment 1904539
On the GTX 7DCT both seats have a pouch but the left seat has 2 pouches. A small one above.

We drove the car as part of the official review so I'm sure

edit: here's a pic from Autocar:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-0_0_0_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_reviews_20190809070013_kiaseltosrearseats.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th August 2019 at 16:17.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 16:17   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
We drove the car as part of the official review so I'm sure
Sir, when can we expect some review (if not the regular detailed one) from Team BHP? Most of the members following this thread have pre booked the Seltos and would be in the first set of lots to take delivery of the car. Some words of confidence from Team BHP will help us definitely. The reviews that came on Aug 9th from most of the other websites looked like either a paid review or a biased review
Old 12th August 2019, 16:35   #1812
BHPian

Are we really fighting for a pouch? It's not of much use anyways. For me those two pouches in my sx4 was never ever really used. You can barely keep a magazine or a newspaper.
momsonlydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 16:54   #1813
BHPian

OK got a second TD today with a diesel MT variant, so I'm done with both Petrol and Diesel MT TD although I have booked GTX+ DCT.

Diesel engine as mentioned earlier is the most refined I have seen in a long while. Decent power neither overwhelming nor underwhelming. Post the TD the mileage meter showed 9.9kmpl and the SA said sir not all of them drive as well as you and ppl slot it to 1st or 2nd gear and abuse it so this is a cumulative reading, did jot know whether to take it as a complement or should I be genuinely concerned!!

My encounter with Bose speakers were better today although it did not stand up to Bose brand name it was manageable.

I am in love with the NVH, may be class leading.

I today specifically went on broken roads(dug up completely near palace Guttahalli Bangalore), it was not Duster standards but was not as bad as what some of them have mentioned as well, stiff but it looks like a trade off tuning for highway manners and city roads so I wouldn't complain much(I come from XUV which is a dancing car����)

Rear seat - Middle seat is unusable, can't sit more than 10 kms, it is somewhat in a wierd setup with the middle tray protruding and your back will be placed real bad, it is quite hard too

All in all I am convincing myself to my next car!! In the midst of all this I took a chance to visit Volkswagen showroom next to it to check if there are any more 2018 Passat's left with huge discounts ok Comfortline but was told that wait till 2020��
springisking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:11   #1814
BHPian

One more interesting thing, TD car TPMS showed 38 on all wheels, isn't that too high?
Old 12th August 2019, 17:25   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Its amazing that Kia is hearing to its customer's plea and willing to change its variant models so quickly. Now we have 18 variants to choose from.
Link
You are hundred percent correct. KIA is definitely listening to it's customers. That's a very good and positive sign from this company. Things are really looking good for KIA. I am sure they are definitely going to rake in some good numbers in Sales.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks