Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:28   #2041
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

The pricing is not surprising, but a shock for those who were expecting surprise pricing. Particularly the Automatic versions are definitely over priced. And the difference between Manual and Automatic (1 lakh) is the same for CVT, Torque Converter and DCT, which is not in line with the Industry standards. So, in a way DCT is priced right and the other 2 are over priced.

Customers waiting for GDI 1.4 DCT, GTX+ can easily budget 21.5 lakhs on road, in Bangalore, since the ex-showroom price would be 16.99 lakhs. No surprises here, you can decide other 20+ lakh vehicles.

Last edited by jaaz : 22nd August 2019 at 13:35.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:33   #2042

Supposedly this is the most competitive price of vehicles in this segment, as the new creta will definitely be higher priced than KIA. Hyundai cars are always priced at a slight premium over KIA models even though they share the same platform.
However pricing and variants have become so confusing as one has to do a case study to finally decide his pick of the lot.
salmankazi85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:33   #2043
BHPian

Got some additional info on KIA Safety program (Insurance special packages)

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.44-pm.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.48-pm.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.49-pm.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.51-pm1.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.51-pm.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.50-pm1.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.50-pm.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190822-1.16.49-pm1.jpeg
Krishnan83 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:35   #2044
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing is very much what was anticipated. KIA has already seen what Creta gets in the market and how it sells. There is enough information spread done for people to know Seltos is the next gen Creta under the body pretty much.

KIA has managed to create a wonderful brand positioning for itself over last quarter & people are comfortably puting confidence in the brand's credibility for product & service quality. I trust it much more than MG too.

KIA can always ask for some premium over MG citing its original Korean pedigree and perceived better quality with its Hyundai connection.

This pricing will primarily start eating into the current generation Creta now. So Venue and now the Seltos. Thats an attack by 2 sharks onto the Creta!

Very well planned & executed by KIA-Hyundai I must say. The Creta has now been around for a while. Rather than losing the market to other car makers - they are simply losing it to own or partner's offerings! Makes things well poised for the next gen Creta to launch and fight back next year! (Hopefully with a different face than iX25).
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:37   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Who will buy the HTE petrol, when 30k more gets you a bigger 8' screen, android auto, apple car play, projector Fog Lamps and rear camera.
How does the same equipment cost as much as 1.2Lakhs for a diesel
Price difference between HTE & HTK:
Petrol = 30,000/-
Diesel = 1,20,000/-
r0nit7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:40   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

KIA can always ask for some premium over MG citing its original Korean pedigree and perceived better quality with its Hyundai connection

Number 1, korean pedigree is not very highly appreciated when competing with Japanese, Germans or Americans

Number 2, MG hector also has the same korean pedigree coming from new Gen Captiva which was originally designed in Daewoo Korea with GM
anu21v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:41   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Suggest we read the previous posts a page and two prior.
This 'brochure' is a cut-and-paste job with multiple errors. Already discussed and done with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Confusion for some clarity for others. Here is the brochure!Attachment 1907535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
You're absolutely spot on. Such errors won't make it to the final copy. It has to be approved by product, marketing and legal teams.

At best these are wild guesses or may be purposeful confusion. A confused customer is better than a lost customer.
So as we can see that the nomenclature used for auto of Diesel is AT only and 1.5NA petrol its IVT. So I do believe the Brochure I had shared first is the final one.

And, I guess I was bang-on on the pricing as well. So a fully loaded GTX+DCT whenever it launches will be close to 17L ex-showroom. That is pricier than the Sharp DCT Hector. Time to cancel my booking of Seltos!
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:47   #2048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Number 1, korean pedigree is not very highly appreciated when competing with Japanese, Germans or Americans

Number 2, MG hector also has the same korean pedigree coming from new Gen Captiva which was originally designed in Daewoo Korea with GM
Ask anyone who has a Hyundai in India and they'll disagree. Hyundai has come a long way & they are good in engineering. No doubt about it.

Anyway - my point was totally different than what you took it for. I meant KIA can boast of "originality" in pedigree while people always argue "MG = Chienese product with Korean basics & British logo slapped on".
That was the point.

Hyundai/KIA engineering I will rate as better than GM-Daewoo. We have seen products from both.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:49   #2049
BHPian

How does the Seltos 1.5 diesel AT compare with Creta 1.6 crdi AT in terms of performance ? HTK+ D AT and 1.6S crdi AT are priced similarly and I thought the Creta diesel's performance was pretty good this side of 15 lakhs.
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:53   #2050
BHPian

The overall pricing is in line with what was expected although I find the 1.4 turbo variant to be priced a bit on the higher side. On road prices for the GTX Plus/AT would exceed 20L in most states. Considering the price difference between the NA 1.5 petrol and the turbo 1.4 petrol, masses would prefer the former. Another thing that I am wondering about is the price difference between the HTE and HTK variants for the petrol and diesel engine. 30K against 1.2L is huge. The petrol HTE variant seems to be launched just for the introductory price sticker. I don't think it will find much buyers.

The Hector looks even more VFM now after the Seltos launch. Comparing the prices with its in-house competitor, Seltos will definitely eat into the sales of the Creta. The next gen Creta should be an interesting launch.
rajvardhanraje is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:56   #2051
BHPian

I am evaluating Seltos AT (DCT) & Hector AT (both top ends). The DCT GTX is 15.99 L Ex Showroom, thus on road will be approximately 19.2 L. This is very much close to Hector Petrol AT (Sharp).

I have not driven Seltos DCT so cant comment on the driving dynamics. My family is not much keen on Seltos due to the its size, internal space and road presence. Add to this, at this price point it will be even more difficult to convince myself and the family to go for Seltos even if it is exceptional in drive and have loads of features.

So now my options are Hector AT, whenever bookings reopen or wait for Harrier AT.
varman742 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:57   #2052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
How does the Seltos 1.5 diesel AT compare with Creta 1.6 crdi AT in terms of performance ? HTK+ D AT and 1.6S crdi AT are priced similarly and I thought the Creta diesel's performance was pretty good this side of 15 lakhs.
I don't know about the AT as I have not driven it. But if you want the sheer joy of driving a poweful torquee diesel engine - go for the 1.6 CRDi Creta. Sheer pleasure.
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:57   #2053
BHPian

Well. So much for all the talks about "power to surprise" and "aggressive pricing". This is Creta level pricing and hence Creta level overpricing. And absolutely no surprises. The surprised ones will be the ones who were expecting "aggressive pricing". Given that Creta sells, this will also sell. But, it is not really disruptive.
ashlil is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:59   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

And, I guess I was bang-on on the pricing as well. So a fully loaded GTX+DCT whenever it launches will be close to 17L ex-showroom. That is pricier than the Sharp DCT Hector. Time to cancel my booking of Seltos!
I would like to wait for the official brochure to check on the variants and specs but i was expecting a higher price.

I dont think you are paying for the vehicle here but for the Gizmos that comes with it, the DCT is overpriced and will cross 20lakhs on-road, at this price would prefer looking at other options with AT.
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:02   #2055
BHPian

Any word on the official feature's list? When are they going to release the same? Will put a lot of speculation to rest.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks