Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 08:26   #2416
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Was promised delivery before august end, now the dealership is stalling delivery even when i pre booked the car on 15/07 itself, I suspect they are selling the initial lots in black. Overall not a pleasant customer service experience.
Which variant and which colour did you book?
Old 29th August 2019, 08:38   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Which variant and which colour did you book?

HTX IVT petrol- white/silver
Old 29th August 2019, 08:50   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Cancelled my seltos booking by sending an email to the dealership today. Hope the refund is processed soon.
Was it an online booking? I want to cancel my online booking but the dealership is stalling. Dealership says Kia has to cancel it and Kia customer care says Dealer has to cancel.

Let me know what happens in your case. Ill direct the dealership to this thread . I am thinking of serving a legal notice to Kia and the dealership in this regard. I also have call recording.
Old 29th August 2019, 09:28   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
According to the sales manager of the dealership near me (don't want to name it), these are only introductory prices. The prices will go up by at least 1L by March when more BS6 vehicles come to the market. He said the Seltos is priced at par or lower than a comparable Creta. The new Creta will be priced higher because it will carry BS6 engines.
According to him BS6 will sell doom for the already weak demands since prices for all cars will go up. He even gave some numbers - 60k for an Alto, 4L fir a Crysta, 8.5L for a fortuner.
Pure fear mongering and a very lame attempt, i must say. Tell him that Alto BS-VI has already been launched by Maruti and the difference is no where close to 60k (it is 15-20k i think).

Also, i don't see Kia raising prices by a lakh in the next 6 months or so. Next generation Creta will be pretty different and may even come with 7-seat option so you really cannot compare. Kia, just like any other OEM, will increase prices in a couple of months since the product has tasted success (looking at number of bookings), but the increase could be 1-3% at max. This is my guess looking at the general trend.
Old 29th August 2019, 09:33   #2420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Was it an online booking? I want to cancel my online booking but the dealership is stalling. Dealership says Kia has to cancel it and Kia customer care says Dealer has to cancel.

Let me know what happens in your case. Ill direct the dealership to this thread . I am thinking of serving a legal notice to Kia and the dealership in this regard. I also have call recording.
AFAIK all online bookings are transferred to the dealer nearest you. So I guess Kia is correct in your case. The dealership would receive your booking and they are the ones whom you need to go to for cancelling. I followed the same process after making an online booking for the Harrier. The refund process was definitely not smooth and needed multiple calls and visits.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 09:39   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
AFAIK all online bookings are transferred to the dealer nearest you. So I guess Kia is correct in your case. The dealership would receive your booking and they are the ones whom you need to go to for cancelling. I followed the same process after making an online booking for the Harrier. The refund process was definitely not smooth and needed multiple calls and visits.
The dealer insists that I get in touch with KIA for cancellation and refund. He says that they havent even received the 25000 from KIA just a notification that says that I have made a booking.
Old 29th August 2019, 10:20   #2422
BHPian

All of a sudden Nissan Kicks appears value for money for what it offers compared to Seltos. Add the offers the deal becomes no contest.
revmaxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:43   #2423
BHPian

I booked KIA Sletos online on Aug 10 and within a day got conformation from Dada Motors Ludhiana on the same. I have been in touch with Sales team since then and learn that KIA dealers can book 1.5 Diesel GTX+ AT in the system while the price will be available at a later date.

I got a chance to look at the vehicle in flesh and found the vehicle to be very similar to Creta from design and equipment perspective. The bonnet and doors feel heavier though. I expect to receive 1.5 D GTX+ AT in 2-3 months
Old 29th August 2019, 10:45   #2424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer insists that I get in touch with KIA for cancellation and refund. He says that they havent even received the 25000 from KIA just a notification that says that I have made a booking.
They told me the same. But since they have got the booking, you need to file a cancellation form with a cancelled cheque and give it to them. They ought to forward the same to KIA and the refund cheque would be then made in your name. I doubt if KIA would be releasing the actual funds of the booking amount to the dealers and losing on the interest earned in cases of online bookings.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:47   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
All of a sudden Nissan Kicks appears value for money for what it offers compared to Seltos. Add the offers the deal becomes no contest.

Exactly ! KIA Seltos HTK+ and KICKS XV is in similar line. But KICKS seems to having better feature. Buyer can verify before final call on KIA.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:51   #2426
Senior - BHPian

Saw the KIA in the Andheri SHowroom. The car is much smaller than I had anticipated. It has very weak road presence compared to even a Creta. Nissan Kicks territory I would say.

Brezza and even S-Cross would have stronger road presence in my view.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:20   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
They told me the same. But since they have got the booking, you need to file a cancellation form with a cancelled cheque and give it to them. They ought to forward the same to KIA and the refund cheque would be then made in your name. I doubt if KIA would be releasing the actual funds of the booking amount to the dealers and losing on the interest earned in cases of online bookings.
I had the same issue, as I had made the booking online as well. First the dealer asked me to send an email which I did, then my SA kept telling me that it is awaiting their MD's approval (which I found weird but played along). Then a couple of days later he told me that Kia has mentioned that online bookings will be cancelled online, and told me the very same thing that this 25k has not been received by the dealer. He also shared with me this link from the kia website.
https://www.kia.com/in/utility/onlin...ons.html#rule7

I however, after my recent MG experience have decided to stick on for the time being with my Kia booking, until the auto TDs. So this delay worked in my favour and sent an email again to the dealer to hold any cancellation process.

OT, anyone has driven a Diesel AT HTX+? How is the lag? What is the expected real world mileage? Also is it missing the rain sensing wiper as well, amongst many other things?
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:19   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I had the same issue, as I had made the booking online as well. First the dealer asked me to send an email which I did, then my SA kept telling me that it is awaiting their MD's approval (which I found weird but played along). Then a couple of days later he told me that Kia has mentioned that online bookings will be cancelled online, and told me the very same thing that this 25k has not been received by the dealer. He also shared with me this link from the kia website.
https://www.kia.com/in/utility/onlin...ons.html#rule7
I spoke to my dealer who asked me to send the cancellation via email which i have but yet to hear from him. Yes, it appears that they are making it a cumbersome process.

After a lot of thought, i cancelled the kia due to below reasons
- I am 6'1 and find the car too small, the roof almost touches my head
- The doors appear to be of light and not solid in feel (personal opinion)
- Most importantly no top end Automatic car with all bells & whistles (cant wait anymore)

As I am nearing 40 (supposedly my prime age wise & career wise in my mind), i do not want to compromise on my requirements like i have been doing over the years & want my next car to tick all the boxes and move up a segment possibly.

Hence I have booked a Petrol Tuscon GLS and awaiting delivery by next week. i
urajkumar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 14:35   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Exactly ! KIA Seltos HTK+ and KICKS XV is in similar line. But KICKS seems to having better feature. Buyer can verify before final call on KIA.

Kicks top end is definitely better value than the Seltos top end. Only problem with Kicks is lack of an automatic.
Old 29th August 2019, 15:33   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Looking at the pricing petrol dct gtx+ at 19L+ OTR Noida seems too expensive for what it offers esp in case of space.

Have cancelled my booking and going ahead with the mg hector sharp dct.

Kia is saying refund will be processed today and will take within 7 days to hit my bank.
Got the refund in my bank account yesterday, the dealer (Allied Motors, Noida) didnt deduct anything (not even the 250 that was mentioned on the website) , refunded the full amount of 25000 within 7 days. I had done the booking online on their website.

This is pleasantly surprising, considering how many horror stories I had read on TBHP about dealers taking months to refund the booking amount.

Last edited by dhruvwali : 29th August 2019 at 15:34.
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks