Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2019, 12:23   #2476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I'm waiting to see the red one on road. It looks decent imho. The grey looks great but my current civic is grey so I'm a bit tired of the colour.

Here in delhi, dealers are saying HTK is available in September itself while HTX and the plus customers will have to wait till October.
I went to sparsh kia and gave my sales rep a piece of my mind. He said sir I cannot help. He did not even commit to the timelines by when will he deliver the car.

With the festive season coming in, it will be lot of deliveries in navratras . Of course with the shrads coming in from mid of September to end of September , I am glad that this delay is here.

With the mileage and gearbox issues on the gtx, I am inclined towards diesel auto as it will be reliable in the long run.
Old 1st September 2019, 12:46   #2477
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Have the SAs of your respective showrooms been calling any of you to ask for the variant choice etc? I've not heard back from anyone from my selected showroom and now when I logged in to the Kia site, I see that my selected variant has been chosen for me automatically (GTX+ DCT), which isn't what I really want. I've emailed the customer service head back but haven't heard from her either.

I don't get Indian customer service people. I really don't. Here I am, with a cheque book in hand willing to pay money for a vehicle that is clearly overpriced for what it is and yet no one from the dealers end is willing to go the extra mile to make me feel a little special or atleast behave as if they want my money ? Just because they've got a few extra bookings than they probably deserved or anticipated. The festive atmosphere is limited to cutting a cake and dressing up my car as a silly fairy tale princess on delivery day. And even on that day, half the guys expect a gift from me for this ordeal?

This isn't a problem with just Kia, I've seen this with other manufacturers too.
Honestly, It's all a little annoying and frankly puzzling! What will it take for dealers and manufacturers to really *get* customer service?
I've decided to take my hard earned money elsewhere and cancel my booking as soon as I can find the time to get to the showroom, probably sometime next week.

Last edited by sharninder : 1st September 2019 at 12:48.
sharninder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 13:38   #2478
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
I went to NCS Kia Trivandrum last Thursday and there were some ready to be delivered. I had prebooked for 1.5 D HTK+ variant and they said mine would be delivered within a week or two
Did you get a chance to test drive seltos at Trivandrum?
Is diesel auto available for Test drive?
Old 1st September 2019, 13:45   #2479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Honestly, It's all a little annoying and frankly puzzling! What will it take for dealers and manufacturers to really *get* customer service?
I've decided to take my hard earned money elsewhere and cancel my booking as soon as I can find the time to get to the showroom, probably sometime next week.
I think they all get it well enough. But they get complacent, and have the attitude-we have the greatest product in the world, be prepared to wait or take your money and go. And by the time a customer does the running around to get the refund, they would have made a tidy sum in the form of interest.Free money.

Pretty much the case with any manufacturer out there coming with a product that has captured the imagination of the customer in some way.
Old 1st September 2019, 14:18   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Pretty much the case with any manufacturer out there coming with a product that has captured the imagination of the customer in some way.

I think this a problem unique to the car industry. No wonder they're going through a slowdown. Looks to me their own doing.
Anyway, this isn't the only reason for me to contemplate cancelling my booking. I think the car will be available off the shelf in a few months. We'll have more clarity about this BS-6 business and when all vehicles will be BS-6, Kia will not have that card to play. Also, I'm looking at the Diesel HTX+. At 18.5 lakhs OTR, I just don't see the point in it. Especially crazy is the decision not have simple feature likes Hill hold in the Diesel auto at that price. In short, I don't think the vehicle is worth it at this price and I can afford to wait longer since my current Ecosport is doing just fine.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 14:35   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Did you get a chance to test drive seltos at Trivandrum?
Is diesel auto available for Test drive?
Yes, I got to test drive the 1.5 L diesel MT. The SA told that the 1.4L turbo petrol and the 1.5L diesel auto is also currently available for test drive at NCS Kia, Trivandrum.
binoyyj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 15:00   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I think this a problem unique to the car industry. No wonder they're going through a slowdown. Looks to me their own doing.
Anyway, this isn't the only reason for me to contemplate cancelling my booking. I think the car will be available off the shelf in a few months. We'll have more clarity about this BS-6 business and when all vehicles will be BS-6, Kia will not have that card to play. Also, I'm looking at the Diesel HTX+. At 18.5 lakhs OTR, I just don't see the point in it. Especially crazy is the decision not have simple feature likes Hill hold in the Diesel auto at that price. In short, I don't think the vehicle is worth it at this price and I can afford to wait longer since my current Ecosport is doing just fine.
I agree. The two new car launches left different tastes in my mouth. I booked for a test drive on Kia's website, I got no callback. I mailed Kia. No reply. I called their showroom on 22nd for the pricing, they whatsapped me 2 days later. I asked about the Diesel test drive I had requested, they said we have petrol only. The SA said you can test drive the petrol and book if you want. Such high handedness.

Just like its sister brand Hyundai, the success of the Seltos has gone to its head. Check the Hyundai venue thread, you'll know what I mean. In contrast, I visited the MG showroom once and I was pampered. They were extremely polite. I got a callback twice after my visit, asking about my experience. I requested for a test drive and they arranged the same promptly.

Every review online is more or less going gaga over the Seltos. Every comparative review pits it as being much better than the Hector in almost every department. I for one, didn't feel that the hector was that bad in comparison. The space it offers is huge and it's as premium as the Seltos in my books.

Honestly, the only reason I'm leaning towards the Seltos is mileage. The hector diesel will give me around 11 kmpl in the city , while the Seltos Diesel should give me close to 15. With an average running of 3000 KMs a month , I'm a bit tied down with my choice.

However, going by the overall experience, I'm contemplating. Very seriously. I'll visit the MG and Kia showrooms in Safdarjung, Delhi next weekend and make the final decision. will try to get a clearer picture about MG reopening their bookings as well. Willing to give Frontier Kia one more chance.

Last edited by coolkurt : 1st September 2019 at 15:20.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 16:44   #2483
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos may be confusing with its variants but creates a record sales as a debutante car manufacturer in the opening month, over 6,200 units sold in August 2019.

Will be interesting to see how Hyundai's Creta numbers as it is the closest rival to Seltos.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st September 2019 at 16:46.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 17:50   #2484
BHPian

I test drove the GDI and the diesel manual. My feelings:

- Build quality seemed OK - nothing to write home about. The chrome bits on the grille moved when I pushed it with my finger
- I liked the seating position - somewhat higher than most cars.
- Interiors are decent, nothing to write home about, again.
- I wasn't a big fan of the alloy wheel design
- The bose speakers definitely seemed nice
- 50psi tyre pressures? Is that what Kia recommends? As a result, you could make up bigger undulations on the road. It ate up the smaller undulations easily. The ride quality was very nice, regardless.
- Brakes were a little spongy and had to be pressed a fair bit for them to act - maybe because the cars are very new?
- Unimpressive boot space
- Steering was a bit too soft and there wasn't really much feedback.

GDI DCT: no paddle shifts - a bit of a downer. The engine is pretty responsive, esp. when the turbo kicks in. NVH levels were good, can't fault anything here. I drove it only in sport mode.

Diesel MT: Quite a likeable engine and transmission. More than acceptable NVH levels.

Overall impression: for what's on offer, I felt that the cars were at least a little overpriced. But apparently, that's the norm nowadays. I can't really justify all the extra blingy features on the high-end close-to-20L variants. I think I'm going to pass on this one. The only variants that may be somewhat VFMish would be the lower end diesel ones I think.
kauphylover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 18:02   #2485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kia Seltos may be confusing with its variants but creates a record sales as a debutante car manufacturer in the opening month, over 6,200 units sold in August 2019.
They have just forcefully dumped all the low, mid spec variants to the dealership & nothing is matching the pre-order sheets which dealers had provided them in early August.
Most of these may go unsold for months as they aren't Automatic too.
6200 units shipped out of factory, not sold. That's what happened !

Last edited by karan561 : 1st September 2019 at 18:04.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 18:06   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
They have just forcefully dumped all the low, mid spec variants to the dealership & nothing is matching the pre-order sheets which dealers had provided them in early August.
Most of these may go unsold for months as they aren't Automatic too.
6200 units shipped out of factory, not sold. That's what happened !
I think other ways. Majority of the dealers are pushing for the htk+ and hte for sale and people instead of waiting are opting for the lower variant as that is also reasonably equipped.

I would love to see harrier come up with the harrier automatic and how that might also shift things in their favour.

It's a shame that Honda dropped the hrv plans , they could have made the most of this havoc created by kia
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 19:34   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos 1.4-Litre Turbo-Petrol Manual Mileage: Real vs Claimed

As per real world driving test, the Seltos 1.4 Turbo Petrol variant gives a mileage of 11.51 Kmpl.

Link to Article

That's not too bad imho. The real world mileage on highway was close to 18 kmpl which is pretty stellar.

I'm waiting to see how the 1.5 diesel fares in real world testing.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:04   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
That is disappointing since I have already booked for the white Seltos. I felt the red one also looks good but don't want to buy another red car.

There are two white shades. Maybe you can pick up a better suited one.

The steel silver is too grayish. Red looks great, but I am worried about hooligans on road looking forward to scratching it.
Old 1st September 2019, 21:32   #2489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post

It's a shame that Honda dropped the hrv plans , they could have made the most of this havoc created by kia
I doubt it. Honda knew it couldn't price it competitively and thus axed it. They wanted to price it just below the Civic ie. So around 20 lakhs... with a weaker feature list than its competitors, it would have sunk like dead fish.
Old 1st September 2019, 21:41   #2490
Distinguished - BHPian

The first month despatch of Kia Seltos is 6200.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190901_214117.jpg

Source - https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/...262465024?s=19

Last edited by BoneCollector : 1st September 2019 at 21:56.
BoneCollector is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks