Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 07:45   #2551
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Got a call from Kia call centre for getting rating on booking experience. I was told that GTX models have not reach dealerships and deliveries would start only in end September or early October. Seems like only showroom gtx es have been shipped.

Heard a lot of banter on potential gst revision. Hope government does something sensible to help auto industry.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 08:50   #2552
BHPian

Test drove the Seltos GTX+ turbo petrol yesterday here in Chennai.

One thing which was evident during my test drive was the lack of low end for the petrol motor. I drive a 1.6 CRDI on the verna so it was all the more evident. You have to downshift to 1st to take on the huge humps along the test drive route. I ended up stalling the engine 4-5 times trying to take it on the second gear. Did fellow bhpians also feel the same.

I decided not to book the car. From Verna I didn't feel it a worthy upgrade in terms of engine performance, but in terms of gizmos definitely yes.

On a separate note, the dealer has white and black GTX+ for ready delivery. Please PM me in case you need more info.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th September 2019 at 13:20. Reason: Spacing
SRTH1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 09:08   #2553
BHPian

Has anyone tried the HTX IVT (1.5l petrol) on an incline slope?

Without hill assist, will the HTX IVT be a problem?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th September 2019 at 13:19. Reason: Spacing
Old 5th September 2019, 09:45   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Great news. Better to wait for 10 days instead of booking and then going through the hassle of cancelling. I hope KIA keeps true to the feature list and expected price point for the Diesel AT GTX+.

So, the Bimmer is going anywhere (PM me of planning to sell). One to one replacement for Ecosport then? Or additional car? You had a Sunny too, no?
Old 5th September 2019, 09:50   #2555
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia topples Hyundai in the throne to the MID-SUV segment.

Creta volume drop is partly due to Seltos and the other being cannibalization by its own Venue.

Of the newer launches Tata Harrier reaches a dismal figure of 635 followed by Jeep Compass at 605!

Hector does an impressive show too.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th September 2019 at 10:00.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:03   #2556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
So, the Bimmer is going anywhere (PM me of planning to sell). One to one replacement for Ecosport then? Or additional car? You had a Sunny too, no?
No not looking to sell the Bimmer as the resale is horrible thanks to NGT. Instead have got my BSI plan extended to 10 years/1L kms. The car would be completing 6 years this November with odometer at 58k kms.

Sunny was sold long time back. The Altis recently, again thanks to the NGT. The replacement was a used AMT Brezza but unluckily that got stolen in less than a week from front of the house. So as of now only have 2 cars in the garage - Bimmer and Ecosport. Hence looking to add another AT car.
Old 5th September 2019, 11:11   #2557
BHPian

Checked with JSP on Hosur Road. They said they have received HTK+ models and are starting deliveries this week. No word from Kia about HTX or HTX+ models. They were also saying mostly only by first week of October. Last week when I went there, they said some 95 vehicles were getting allotted and all are HTK or HTK+.
Old 5th September 2019, 12:01   #2558
BHPian

Kia Seltos GT (red accents) on same colors where we haven't seen.

1. Black

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190905115546_youtube.jpg

2. Blue

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190905115728_youtube.jpg

3. Gravity Grey

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190905_120015.jpg

Yet in search of Steel Silver with red accents.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 5th September 2019 at 12:02.
momsonlydriver is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 17:47   #2559
Senior - BHPian

The seltos sure is selling pretty well. Everyday I spot atleast 2-3 of them around HSR & ORR . Looks really nice specially in blue and red.

Any owners here already?

This person claims to have received the real-time mileage figures from actual owners.

The diesel figure sounds believable but petrol figures sound unbelievable for In-City usage, specially the automatics. As per him both return 11+ kmpl in city. If that's the case I wonder what magic Hyundai did with the engines suddenly as their smaller 1.2 Kappa struggles to reach even 10kmpl in AT guise.
Old 5th September 2019, 18:05   #2560
BHPian

Just getting off a call from KIA Regional Sales for TN & KAR who called for feedback about the car and dealer.

When asked about the GST news, he said they have been appraised about the situation and KIA thinks the slab reduction from 28% to 18% is highly unlikely, which would leave the treasury poorer by 125,000 crores a month. However, what they really expect is a liquidity influx bringing the interest rates further down.
Old 5th September 2019, 18:14   #2561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
The seltos sure is selling pretty well. Everyday I spot atleast 2-3 of them around HSR & ORR . Looks really nice specially in blue and red.

Any owners here already?

This person claims to have received the real-time mileage figures from actual owners.

The diesel figure sounds believable but petrol figures sound unbelievable for In-City usage, specially the automatics. As per him both return 11+ kmpl in city. If that's the case I wonder what magic Hyundai did with the engines suddenly as their smaller 1.2 Kappa struggles to reach even 10kmpl in AT guise.
This guy has been an overenthusiastic idiot wrt Seltos right from the beginning, to the extent he got the brochures printed. He claims to know 5 of each variant owners who have extensively driven the cars, when it has not been more than 5 odd days since the start of the delivery, and many variants have not been despatched at all. All bogus I tell you, only guesstimates and wishful thinking!
AGwagon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 18:19   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

What is the definition of 'real life' FE here? If someone is hell bent on achieving the best possible FE, these figures may be achievable. But in 'real life' you need to be driving with the flow of traffic and should accelerate to close the gaps whenever there is an opportunity, otherwise there will be 10 vehicles honking behind.
I have tried all kind of things (driving in manual mode, keeping an eye on the instantaneous FE and being gentle on the A pedal etc) in my i20 CVT but I have struggled to cross even 6.5kmpl in Bangalore traffic. I tend to believe that the actual FE (on petrol DCT) would be almost 50% of what he claims.
@AGwagon, I think he is after TRP (views, likes, subscriptions) for his Youtube channel by providing 'sensational' news.

Last edited by Guna : 5th September 2019 at 18:23.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 18:21   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Just getting off a call from KIA Regional Sales for TN & KAR who called for feedback about the car and dealer.

When asked about the GST news, he said they have been appraised about the situation and KIA thinks the slab reduction from 28% to 18% is highly unlikely, which would leave the treasury poorer by 125,000 crores a month. However, what they really expect is a liquidity influx bringing the interest rates further down.
Total GST collection per month is around 1 lac cr. Kia personnel is surely wrong in stating a 1.25 lac cr loss to exchequer. I believe GST reduction is not happening for a car of this segment. If at all it will be and should be for entry level cars and 2 wheelers.
Old 5th September 2019, 19:01   #2564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Yet in search of Steel Silver with red accents.
Here they are

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190905wa0009.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190905wa0010.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901wa0003.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901wa0002.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901wa0004_1567690151116.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901wa0005.jpg

Source - Whatsapp
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 19:01   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think he is after TRP (views, likes, subscriptions) for his Youtube channel by providing 'sensational' news.
Seems to be the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
All bogus I tell you, only guesstimates and wishful thinking!
Lately youtube is full of such folks. Every Tom, Dick & Harry with a smartphone opens up a new channel thanks to Mr.Ambani for providing almost free internet.
Anyways any owners here already? Bangalore already seems to have quite a few on road.

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th September 2019 at 19:02.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks